mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #171 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS View Post
As a MilSim player, I can definitely see an advantage to using this paintball gun. At least, the way I play.

...when attacking, I switched to my Ego because the roles are reversed and we're usually walking into an ambush...
Where do you play (country / state / Outlaw / Commercial / etc)

As I see it- MilSim is not very popular here in the states (but magfed is getting a bit more interest) and the MilSim community in Canada appear to be a bit more interested in using paintball guns that look more like real guns. This is why an actual MILSIG is more common north of the border and most of us down here haven't even seen one in person.

I'm not knocking your game's style. to me, it appears to blur the line between milsim and woodsball (or even limited paint woodsball).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #172 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post

As I see it- MilSim is not very popular here in the states (but magfed is getting a bit more interest) and the MilSim community in Canada appear to be a bit more interested in using paintball guns that look more like real guns. This is why an actual MILSIG is more common north of the border and most of us down here haven't even seen one in person.

I'm not knocking your game's style. to me, it appears to blur the line between milsim and woodsball (or even limited paint woodsball).
I completely agree with that. Playing here in SW Ontario, I swear Tippmann must have a heck of a company Christmas party because their markers are heavily predominant.

In our group of 20 regulars, it's roughly this:

7 Tippmanns
4 BT's
5 Spyders (2 of them are from the MR tactical branch)
1 Etha w/ tactical shroud
1 G1
2 Automags (ie. me and one other guy)

The London paintball stores here average 50% tactical, 15% speedball, and 35% tactical airsoft up on the walls.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #173 (permalink)

I'd probably get one if it gets impartial good reviews, since it does pretty much everything. The only difficulties I see are some Milsim rules regarding FPS (if using both FS and regular paint), and semi-auto only for non-heavy gunners. Hopefully it will still be able to work in semiauto if the battery dies midgame.
wingbatwu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
I'd probably get one if it gets impartial good reviews, since it does pretty much everything. The only difficulties I see are some Milsim rules regarding FPS (if using both FS and regular paint), and semi-auto only for non-heavy gunners. Hopefully it will still be able to work in semiauto if the battery dies midgame.
The gun will do semi-auto only all day- this is possible with all electros. However, it does not have a backup mechanical sear mechanism like a phenom or, AGD EMag so, just be sure that you have a fresh battery before the start of every day. If you're playing mag fed, I cannot imagine that the battery would die within a day if it was fresh.

I agree about the FPS concerns though. There is a huge difference in bore sizes between FS rounds and most paintballs these days. Just be sure to chrono both and, adjust based on the higher FPS.
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #175 (permalink)
Post Whore

It would be really neat if what a few people have mention already turned out to be true. That you could program for both rounds it would adjust automatically
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #176 (permalink)

the gun has a compartment in the stock and the grip is tool less. if your battery happens to die you can change it on the fly in seconds.
bryanzero858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
It would be really neat if what a few people have mention already turned out to be true. That you could program for both rounds it would adjust automatically
Given that it hasn't been mentioned in marketing materials, and the broad PB Community knows it (PB and FS FPS differences) as a concern- I wouldn't count on it. However, it's clearly within the realm of technologically possible.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #178 (permalink)
Post Whore

Would be a cool concept I'm sure someone will do something like it later on down the road. Not really my cup of tea either way but it's neat
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #179 (permalink)
WJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post

I'm in Connecticut and we play at Matt's Outback Paintball located in Coventry, Connecticut. They're hosting the nationals next weekend and my team is playing. You're right about MilSim not being popular in this country. When the season started, we had about six teams join at Matt's. The last time we played all but two had dropped out.

And to address your last comment about my style of play; you're absolutely right. I love Woodsball and somewhat enjoy MilSim but get bored using my Ego because throwing paint just gets old to me, quickly. When people find out that I'm handloading first strike rounds into a Trracer, I get strange looks but then they realize how deadly it is and it actually becomes a deterrent when they know I'm there. That's half the fun for me. It really keeps the heads down.

Having a mag-fed, first strike gun was the plan and I was thinking about converting my TPX using the MILSIG FXR kit when they release it but now I'm not sure which direction to go in. A lot depends on Dye's price-point and what I'm willing to sell if I want to get one of these new guns.

Last edited by WJS; 10-16-2012 at 06:31 PM.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #180 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Not sure if the fact has been brought up, but has anyone else noticed the fact it has no macroline?

Coming soon to the DM/NT series perhaps?

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News