mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #201 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying View Post
Except for the region we play in, I fully concur with what Swamp said. This is exactly why I'm interested in the marker. I would like the tactical advantage of the First Strike rounds and the gunfighting economy of regular paintballs.
I was actually thinking of getting a T8.1 for just this reason. It is just too counterintuitive to use your pistol for long range and your "rifle" for short.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #202 (permalink)
Rec Poster

$1000+ for the DAM

Or $1000+ for a MR-5 and lots and lots of paint/FS.

I think the later will atract many more players, but DAMN that DAM is sure sexy.

Now if only FS rounds will come down in price, or the new competitor (escapes me right now) will come in cheaper as well.
SamAreI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #203 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAreI View Post
I'd be surprised if there's many comparing the MR5 and the DAM. They are targeted at different potential buyers.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #204 (permalink)

I've held and shot it.

Well worth the price if you like scenario guns. They were field tested in my region and were on the scenario fields with the bodies covered up.

My feedback link:[http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...l#post1868528]
r90t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 AM   #205 (permalink)
ballin

I've been looking for a company to make this gun, I want FS and high bps normal paint in one slick package.
vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #206 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAreI View Post
$1000+ for the DAM

I think the later will atract many more players, but DAMN that DAM is sure sexy.

Now if only FS rounds will come down in price, or the new competitor (escapes me right now) will come in cheaper as well.
I spoke with a DYE rep in France at the Millennium and he mentioned the gun would be 1000 Euros. At current exchange rates that puts this gun at about 1300 US Dollars. Not sure if they plan to follow that conversion or something else.

Anyone who can afford it wouldn't be disappointed, it is very impressive.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #207 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Lol. I would sooner have the mr5 and 1000$ fs rounds. I am not denying its beauty, fury, and awesomeness. But for me it's about the range and accuracy if fs with the option to round ball at close range. Mr5 has it covered! Especially if you can get that on the fly feed change working.
SamAreI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #208 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Uticus

This might just have to be my post Christmas, Christmas present to myself
Uticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #209 (permalink)
R&D Engineer

Hi Folks,

I am an R&D engineer for DYE and have been the lead engineer for the DAM for most of its development. Looks like most of the questions I'm allowed to answer already have been. But I'll hit a couple I haven't seen:

Everything is easy to remove and access. The eye pipe comes out in seconds. All regular maintenance parts come out with the bolt and the regulator through the back using the same Tool-less design as the DM12.

Many have asked about air in stock options. The DAM comes with an air passage in the stock attachment region. There is a static plug in there right now that can be removed for future Air-Through-Stock Options.

My primary concerns when designing parts was to allow for customization, ease of use and durability. There will be many new accessories and add-ons for the DAM in the next year. Some are very exciting.

After the 25th I can answer just about anything. If you are in the area, come see us at the PSP World Cup 2012 where I will be running the tech class.

Thanks for all the interest!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #210 (permalink)
Stock Class vs Agglets!!!

Glad to hear from a Dye rep!!!
LibertyRadeon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News