mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #371 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy
 
dundadun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
If I were to use this, or even the semi spyder fsr gun, it would prob be with a stick feed up top.
No stock and a small hpa tank. Maybe even side mount the tank like that less than lethal gun.
Also remove most of the shroud that isnt being used.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #372 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

Most of the goodness in this gun is in the rotating feed select (which I don't care about) and the magazine/magazine well. The rest of the gun is patently uninteresting.

Dye may have outdone themselves on this design though. The mag well is completely removable with, what, 4 screws?

So hypothetically, it looks like you could easily just mate that mag well to another modified marker. Say, a well known, reliable, great performing mechanical marker that doesn't have 80 billion o-rings in it.

And it wouldn't cost $1300.
__________________
Quote:
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.

Last edited by GoatBoy; 11-04-2012 at 07:00 PM.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #373 (permalink)
Phantom Lords
 
Reloadro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philly

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Most of the goodness in this gun is in the rotating feed select (which I don't care about) and the magazine/magazine well. The rest of the gun is patently uninteresting.

Dye may have outdone themselves on this design though. The mag well is completely removable with, what, 4 screws?

So hypothetically, it looks like you could easily just mate that mag well to another modified marker. Say, a well known, reliable, great performing mechanical marker that doesn't have 80 billion o-rings in it.

And it wouldn't cost $1300.
I ordered a pair of dye mags yesterday, thinking along the same lines. I have no idea how I'm going to get a hold of one of the magwells, tho...
__________________
Dye DM12, CCM T2, Tippmann TPX.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #374 (permalink)
Slowly making progress
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vail, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
I ordered a pair of dye mags yesterday, thinking along the same lines. I have no idea how I'm going to get a hold of one of the magwells, tho...
Find the manual, find part number, order one up.
__________________

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #375 (permalink)
Newbie++
 
noclue119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

CCM Fan
Ok got some trigger time with the gun here my review.

Game play observations:
1. Yes the red dot works. It works very well. In fact, I noticed my first shot accuracy going way up. I have even learned how to shoot the gun on my left shoulder.

2. Self cleaning eye pipe + unable to crush the eye pipe with barrel = Brilliant. I never liked the eye pipe because they were so easy to crush. I always love the self cleaning eye pipe idea. Now you have the best of both worlds.

3. Stock or no stock. Both playing style are comfortable. I use a 48/4500 and it fit neatly under the stock.

4. FS Round.... Amazing accuracy matched only by its price.

5. All the older speedball players love it. They thought the gun as a very nice and could seem themselves with one.

6. Stock efficiency was on par with the Dye Reflex rail. I got 500ish rounds out of my 48/4500 tank. Nothing to write home about. But it is enough to have fun with it. I can see that as the gun breaks in and with some tuning the gun might do a little better. But I doubt I can get cocker/ego like efficiency.


Things I think can use some work:
1. When using the mags with normal paintball, the last ball always seems to break in the breech. The paint breaking coats both the breech(which is ok since it self cleans) and the mag(which is not ok). The mags are hard to field clean. Of course this could be the paint, which had very small bores.

2. When using two shrouds and the stock UL, it is impossible to remove the barrel without taking off the shrouds. My UL tends to break apart in the middle. I went down to using only 1 shroud which allow me to grab the UL back if I needed. I wish DYE would either make their barrel counter threaded like Eclipse. Or design it so taht I can slide the barrel thread carrier all the way out when the shroud is installed.

3. Re-installing My bolt assemble seems very tricky. It only goes in 1 of two ways. If you don't line things up, the bolt will only screw in .75 turns and will leak air all over the place.
__________________
For Sale: Bob Long Tactical G6R - Dust Black

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."



My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #376 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
I ordered a pair of dye mags yesterday, thinking along the same lines. I have no idea how I'm going to get a hold of one of the magwells, tho...
As desertT1 said, we can try to order the part number itself.

Worst case, we borrow a mag well from someone and just take the measurements and draw a new one up in CAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
1. Yes the red dot works. It works very well. In fact, I noticed my first shot accuracy going way up. I have even learned how to shoot the gun on my left shoulder.
One of the problems with these sights as far as I can tell is that they require a vertical orientation. And exposure of both eyes to acquire a target. That's not optimal for a mag-fed design which can be tilted into a bunker to reduce your profile by at least 50% (if you're snapping out the side).
__________________
Quote:
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #377 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot
 
VooDooAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago, IL (Currently Western Burbs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Then there's guys like me, who like the not too milsim appearance, it's a bit sci-fi-ish to me. I like that. Do others? maybe not. still saving coins to nab my own
I'm there with you as well on the appearance. Love that it's a form following function design. Not a replica AR or AK that you shoe horn in paintball functions.

I'm about Mag-feed and limited-paint play. I don't need, nor even want replica level mil-sim looks.
__________________
Main: Dual Tiberius Pistols 9.1/8.1 FS Only
Secondary: Dual Tiberius Pistols Custom Polished Non-FS
Pistol Rigs: 6-12 Mag Dual Pistol Rig, Single Pistol 4 Mag Rig
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #378 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.
 
Donut SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
I'm there with you as well on the appearance. Love that it's a form following function design. Not a replica AR or AK that you shoe horn in paintball functions.

I'm about Mag-feed and limited-paint play. I don't need, nor even want replica level mil-sim looks.
On thy note yeah I've been doing a lot of limited paint games. By choice though. I don't hit the field sometimes with anymore than 100 rounds. Still getting used to mag fed by fiddling with my tipx. This is a nice realm, I have a few rifle-like paintball markers and it would fit right in
__________________
My Feedbacks My youtube channel Boxgun vs Duckslide showdown My cooking sessions; Calzone, California Club Pizza Project notes: KP disassembly and valve repair notes


For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #379 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
paintman161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY

I picked one up as well, just because it meets my play style and it was below dealer cost. Some times I play outlaw limited ammo games and other times i play large scenarios. This gives me an option to do both! Plus the added bonus of a speedball marker (low pressure and EYES) makes this marker even more appealing to me. Eyes are a must for magfed play and after shooting the DAM it is very easy to see why! I was able to shoot it for a little but in the backyard, it is quiet and accurate both a plus in magfed. I find taking it apart easy (easier than a phenom or TM15). I have not broken a ball yet, but had one roll out using the mags. I had a mix of paint from Valken redemption (shoots the best), Graffati, and Empire stryker (smallest paint .675) which this is the paint i had a roll out on. The other two paint is about .685-.688 and shot the best. All my paint is about 2 months old and been sitting in my office for that time. My only complaint is the 12 round mag is hard to put in and take out, the other two mags just fall out when pushing the mag release. Going to get a hold of dye and find out why.
__________________
New Feedback as my other was deleted for some reason: MCB feedback

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #380 (permalink)
Newbie++
 
noclue119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
My only complaint is the 12 round mag is hard to put in and take out, the other two mags just fall out when pushing the mag release. Going to get a hold of dye and find out why.
At the Dye tech class they said that the 12 round mag has some molding issue that is why they are harder to release. Dye said that and missing Millenium mode are two known issues
__________________
For Sale: Bob Long Tactical G6R - Dust Black

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."



My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC