mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #391 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D G View Post
Since it's still hard to find fields and scenario games where First Strike rounds are allowed, is DYE doing anything to push for more fields to accept FS rounds? The DYE DAM is an awesome piece of technology and very versatile. If I am going to invest in this gun, I want to use it to its full potential.
let your money do the talking if they don't want to allow FS rounds play some place else. Or just ask them why you cant use them?

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #392 (permalink)
MCB Member

Viper

I see you are east coast but at all the viper games he allows first strike. If the field dosn't sell it he lets you bring you own. I hope that continues in 2013.

I also think with all the new first strike options that are comeing out now that maybe we can get the fields over the hump and start seeing it used more. Little bit of the chicken and the egg situation.

Swamp
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #393 (permalink)

This reminds of when snowboards first came out. Initially, it was hard to find a ski resort that would allow them, and forbade snowboards on the grounds that they ruined the slopes and all sorts of other bs excuses.
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #394 (permalink)
Barned

4 pounds?? That's pretty heavy compared to something like a tm-15, which is mid-end. For 1400 I'd expect lighter. I'm just waiting for the mags to start having problems too and dye doing jack **** to fix them. I'm curious as to what kind of barrel it has...the first strike option is neat, but I don't think ANYONE wants to go fully auto on it...lol it would literally be shooting money
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #395 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
It has a ul barrel
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #396 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
but it sure is nice to have when you get in a wreck.
If I ever get one, and I feel the need, I'll yell "HEY YOU! HERE'S FIVE DOLLARS!"

*RATATATATATA*
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #397 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
4 pounds?? That's pretty heavy compared to something like a tm-15, which is mid-end. For 1400 I'd expect lighter.
So how much does the TM-15 weigh?
It's no Tinkerbell either from what I remember.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #398 (permalink)
MCB Member

Weight

When I say this gun is lighter than I expected I am saying that in comparison to the only other gun that is directly comparable. That was the Tiberius T4. I owned one of those that was the first Gen with the vast majority metal parts and the huge magazine. By the time you put a hopper on it it was a brick. The weight and the hugeness of the magazines made it less than ideal.

I will have to weigh the parts but I suspect a big part of the 4 plus pounds is the stock I bet it weights close to two pounds by itself. which I do not even know If I plan on playing with. This weekend I will load it up and weigh it out fully loaded.

I have lugged two guns around in a scenario and it is horrible. Not only is it the weight it is the unwieldiness of the second gun that is constantly snagging on stuff or in the way.

C Pope
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #399 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
So you'd like run it mag fed only.... Than why are you paying for features clearly designed for hopper feed. You won't need the eyes or the firing modes.
Eyes actually come in pretty handy when your mag runs out, the gun just stops firing instead of shooting air to let your opponent know you ran out.

Personally I like the DAM a lot, how it's an actual tournament marker in scenario shell instead of yet another cool looking blowback and the new possibilities this platform offers (just wait for this new box mag idea we're working on to materialize, thats when the firemodes come in handy, too).

The only issue I've had with DAM so far has been using it with TINY paint, the detents dont catch the ball in the breech leading into double feeding and eventually, soup. Instantly fixed by shooting larger paint, but warning/troubleshooting tip to others.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #400 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grande View Post
Eyes actually come in pretty handy when your mag runs out, the gun just stops firing instead of shooting air to let your opponent know you ran out.

Personally I like the DAM a lot, how it's an actual tournament marker in scenario shell instead of yet another cool looking blowback and the new possibilities this platform offers (just wait for this new box mag idea we're working on to materialize, thats when the firemodes come in handy, too).

The only issue I've had with DAM so far has been using it with TINY paint, the detents dont catch the ball in the breech leading into double feeding and eventually, soup. Instantly fixed by shooting larger paint, but warning/troubleshooting tip to others.
Thank you for saying what i was thinking!

I tried paint from .688 to .675 and only had a double feed with the larger paint. No chopping (thank you eyes), I think the detents may be a little too weak for the magazine part. Going to see if there is a way to stiffen up the detents a little. Also I am currently working on a box mag for the DAM as well, hoping to have it done by end of next week.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News