mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #401 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I've tried to play with my main and a holstered t8.1. I've had 2 problems with this set up.
1. I forget to use it.
2. A pistol with first strikes does go a lot further but the accuracy kinda sux. It is hard to keep stable enough to shoot someone in the head or hopper at distances that paintballs can't reach.

I always ended up just lobbing paintballs instead of pulling out my pistol.

The dam should give you a more stable platform. And the ability to have a red dot and a Tiberius adjustable rail for the long shots.

Having to carry a Tiberius 8.1 holster 12gram and 2 mags is a lot of weight. I would guess more weight than the added weight of the dam over a average marker.

With the dam you can have a 20 mag in he gun and carry one extra 20 round mag. And you would have 16 more rounds than the other set up. Plus the convinience of not having to swith guns, or hold one gun in each hand while trying to aim or for those of us who don't have a sling it will make it so we have to put our gun on the ground (I never do so I always have a fun in each hand)

It is way to hard to try to load a Tiberius magazine whileon the field and getting shot at and also be on a place with enough space to place your other maker down
Chowser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #402 (permalink)
Rec Poster

To me it seems the dam is getting so much heat because of the cost. It seems people are very quick to hate thing or say they are not worth it because they can't afford one.

Now I am not talking down to anyone who can't afford one but the benifits of this gun are obvious. Don't pretend like the gun does not have obvious advantages

With that said. I totally think the marker is way over priced. If it had dm internals then maybe I would say the cost is justified. But this marker even with eyes chops paint. A 1300 at marker should not chop paint.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #403 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowser2 View Post
But this marker even with eyes chops paint. A 1300 at marker should not chop paint.
Just curious, paint fed from the hopper or paint fed from the mag? (or both?)
wingbatwu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #404 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Mag fed paint on 3 round burst or full auto the last ball or 2. May need a stronger spring.
But when it does the paint goes into the mag hole and you have to take it apart and clean it before it can be used again effectively.

A rotor can keep up with 12.5 bps

Was upset mag could not keep up wit 12bps

It doesn't happen all the time.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #405 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowser2 View Post
Mag fed paint on 3 round burst or full auto the last ball or 2. May need a stronger spring.
But when it does the paint goes into the mag hole and you have to take it apart and clean it before it can be used again effectively.

A rotor can keep up with 12.5 bps

Was upset mag could not keep up wit 12bps

It doesn't happen all the time.
What kind of paint? Put mine of full auto and 3 shot and have not broken a ball yet. How well does the bolt clean out the eye pipe?

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #406 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Premium
And some bad dimples graffiti from 2 weeks ago

Bolt cleans the eyes very nicely. At the end of the day you still need to pull and clean the residue off but it works as stated.

I've only had it happen 4 times since I got it. However if you are at a field you can't use the mag the rest of the day or you have to stop to clean it. And I hate going to a field just so I can work on my guns, very frustrating.

I wish it had a bolt like an extcy/envy, where it moves slow at the beginning so it doesn't have enough force to chop paint

Also if they made it it would have been a 7-800 dollar gun probably

Last edited by Chowser2; 11-11-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #407 (permalink)

Upset that the mag doesn't feed 12 bps? Isn't that a little unrealistic?

If they made it a 7-800 dollar gun with the same features then the mags would be more expensive to make up the price or they would have left some features out.
crenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #408 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
A few of you are just trolling at this point. Knock it off if you aren't here to actually discuss the product.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #409 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
A few of you are just trolling at this point. Knock it off if you aren't here to actually discuss the product.
this.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #410 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenom View Post
Upset that the mag doesn't feed 12 bps? Isn't that a little unrealistic?

If they made it a 7-800 dollar gun with the same features then the mags would be more expensive to make up the price or they would have left some features out.
And I think any marker that cost 1300 dollars should be able to feed 12bps.

I Don't believe that they would increase mag cost just because they sold a marker at a lower price. The mags are plastic and don't cost very much to make.

They might have left out some features but all I want the gun to do is shoot and switch from mag to hopper seamlessly and have a nice consistent shot, I don't care about the stock or the forearm extension or Izon which I somehow broke already. The stupid back cap that guards the rail if you take off the stock is made of metal( heavy and a waste of money).

Last edited by Chowser2; 11-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News