mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #411 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowser2 View Post
And I think any marker that cost 1300 dollars should be able to feed 12bps.

I Don't believe that they would increase mag cost just because they sold a marker at a lower price. The mags are plastic and don't cost very much to make.

They might have left out some features but all I want the gun to do is shoot and switch from mag to hopper seamlessly and have a nice consistent shot, I don't care about the stock or the forearm extension or Izon which I somehow broke already. The stupid back cap that guards the rail if you take off the stock is made of metal( heavy and a waste of money).
the backcap is not what makes the marker expensive, its made of aluminum and weighs nothing. It holds in the back plug in that will be later used for in stock air tanks. It was dye thinking that part may take some abuse.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #412 (permalink)

Quote:
And I think any marker that cost 1300 dollars should be able to feed 12bps.

I Don't believe that they would increase mag cost just because they sold a marker at a lower price. The mags are plastic and don't cost very much to make.

They might have left out some features but all I want the gun to do is shoot and switch from mag to hopper seamlessly and have a nice consistent shot, I don't care about the stock or the forearm extension or Izon which I somehow broke already. The stupid back cap that guards the rail if you take off the stock is made of metal( heavy and a waste of money).

If they sold the marker for less then they would have to make the money up somewhere and that would mean increase the mag cost or lose things that costs money. There are certain costs inherent in releasing a marker like this.
I don't know what parts DYE has used from other markers etc but i imagine is still a large R&D cost for this marker.

You don't sell the razor, you sell the blade but in this case DYE did the opposite put a premium price on a premium marker so they could sell cheap mags to everyone just in case people didn't buy as many mags as they would have hoped.
I never thought/hoped a mag would feed 12 bps because if you're feeding that fast you should be using a hopper anyway.

While i agree that the marker is expensive, it still does what i had hoped a hybrid mag fed/hopper marker would do.
crenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #413 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
the backcap is not what makes the marker expensive, its made of aluminum and weighs nothing. It holds in the back plug in that will be later used for in stock air tanks. It was dye thinking that part may take some abuse.
I never said the cap was expensive. But it is pretty heavy for such a small piece. They could have made it out of a hard polymer, which would be very durable and lighter.

Every ounce lighter helps, especially when that is one of the concerns with the marker.

The gun really doesn't seem that heavy when you hold it but I have not taken it out all day during a senerio game yet.
Chowser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #414 (permalink)

Sling should help if you don't already have one
crenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #415 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Izon which I somehow broke already.
I can't see how you can possibly break the Izon. That thing is so simple that I just don't see how you could have broken it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenom
You don't sell the razor, you sell the blade but in this case DYE did the opposite put a premium price on a premium marker so they could sell cheap mags to everyone just in case people didn't buy as many mags as they would have hoped.
You sell the blade if it is a consumable item. Blades, Ink, or even paintballs are consumable. Marker and Mags are not.

BTW the last round issue has nothing to do with the mag's inability to feed paintballs at 12BPS. It only happens with regular paintballs and not FS rounds. I believe the problem actually has to do with the fact that there is a lack of tension on the last ball (the one in the chamber). This allows the ball to roll forward about 1/2 an inch. If you using crappy paint, the bolt will cause the ball to explode when striking the ball. To solve this issue use harder shell paint if you are going to use mag fed

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #416 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
I can't see how you can possibly break the Izon. That thing is so simple that I just don't see how you could have broken it.
Maybe he tried a somersault and used the DAM as a cushion?
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #417 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Perhaps he stripped out the inside teeth in one of the adjustment knobs.
That was a weak point in the first design.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #418 (permalink)
P0E
Banned

I was just watching some efficiency tests.

~ 900 shots from a 68/45?!!!

Feels extremely low. How does that compare to other markers?
P0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #419 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post

it is on par with my TM15 (mini, Axe)

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #420 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post

It is pretty bad. My Ego7 gets 900 that from a 48/4500. But keep in mind you can lower the dwell a bit and increase efficiency a bit.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News