mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #421 (permalink)

Realistically though, if you play magfed you are not going to shoot anywhere near that amount of paint in a day.
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #422 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
Maybe he tried a somersault and used the DAM as a cushion?

Not sure I turned the knob one way trying to get the piece to move but no matter how many times I turn it or which direction it won't move I must have stripped something.
Chowser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #423 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Pirate

I got to shoot this a little at Fulda. It was pretty sweet. Not sure if it's sweet enough for the price tag (and because I don't really play Mil-Sim/Tactical), but it shot really well.

Maybe if I win the lottery, and they do 100 round drums or something for First Strikes, just so I can run around yelling "Say hello to my lil' friend!" and shooting off a burst.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #424 (permalink)
R&D Engineer

What are the circumstances of the ball breaks from the magazine? I have shot thousands of regular paintballs through the magazine and have only had barrel breaks in the production version (bad paint). There is a small chance that the magazine you are using has a molding error that can cause drag on the bumper that follows the paintball. I haven't seen this since we went to full blown production though. Try putting some lube on the bumper arms.

And FYI the magazine loads faster then a Rotor.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #425 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It was only 4 breaks so far not a real big deal just a pain to clean. It was just the last 1 or 2 paintballs from the stack and only with the 20 round mag. Haven't had any trouble with the 10.

Have had no barrel brakes yet
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #426 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My plan is to use fs only so it doesn't really matter unless I'm screwing around with regular paintballs

Last edited by Chowser2; 11-12-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #427 (permalink)
P0E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
Realistically though, if you play magfed you are not going to shoot anywhere near that amount of paint in a day.
How many shots does this get when using the in-stock tank?
P0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #428 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post
How many shots does this get when using the in-stock tank?
Just checked this, my 13/3000 was filled to about 2800 psi, and got 165 shots at 270 fps. Dwell is at 14 still need to mess with it a little more to fine tune it.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #429 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My 45 4500 tanks fits in it but the stock as to be fully extended and makes the gun kinda long
Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #430 (permalink)
giant robot

Ooh, airthru stock on the way! That's half the issues taken care of... now I'm waiting for 20 round mags that aren't 10+10 and I'll happily pay a bit more even if they're only for round paint. I don't play the sniper role.

Also good to see that they plan to pump the platform up with extras - sounds like a box mag is almost certainly in the works for one thing. Ecosystem!

In future maybe a double trigger frame? Sniper length barrels for the look? FS Sniper scopes in a matching style? oled board? (lol unlikely)

160 shots on a 13/3k sounds fine to me. Must just be a matter of tweaking some settings, which is where an oled board would come in handy. I could never understand why dye don't do those.

Last edited by vijil; 11-13-2012 at 09:00 PM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News