mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #441 (permalink)
Post Whore

it did in my Phenom and TM 15, not sure if it would be true for the DAM...
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #442 (permalink)

I used one at fulda. I want one. They shoot amazing, but they are air hogs
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #443 (permalink)
when in doubt EBD

Full auto shouldn't affect efficiency.

914 Dogs of War (Major)

Aztec Warriors scenario team Texas
Member of Land Sharks

I do home lending in Texas. Need a house let me know if nothing else its free advice.
seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #444 (permalink)

Got my DAM @ WC, one of the first sold to the public. It's a sweet gun but I noticed something odd first time I gassed up and it's done it a few times and I'm not sure why.

First air up: filled a new bottle I bought at cup (preset ninja at about 800psi) and turned the lever... Bolt shot forward and dry fired the marker. The bolt stayed forward. I degassed and then pushed the bolt back w/ a squeegee. It then aired up and chronoed very consistent.

It's done it a couple times since. Most recently it made the noid leak from likely being over pressurized :-0 I took out the bolt, ran my finger over each oring (it was freshly lubed) and reinserted and then it aired up fine. The tank was at 1k psi so the output could've been higher...

I've since drained my ninja tank and removed a shim to drop the output to 600psi and was planning on running nice thick dye lube on the outer orings (green) and maybe hater on only the moving parts (it did the bolt stick thing with the factory supplied lube, regressed dye lube and hater 2.0).

I was planning on calling dye tech support on Monday in advance of next weekend (Wayne's Grand Finale). The gun is still running just fine but I just hope dropping the tank pressure will be the right step. I might also regrease my reg before the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of the Dye techs who've posted can offer some advice so I don't wind up with my new beast of a gun down.

It did this first time I aired up and not the 2nd and has a few other times in my backyard but hasn't seemed to effect performance. It chronoed great out of the box and I cannot wait to rock it next weekend!! Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Trevor
Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #445 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
I held one at wcppl Vegas. Well 2 actually

With all the xtra removed its light and comfy
With the rails and front grip it feels like a pump gun just heavy

Would I pay 1000$+. No
But if some one said hey shoot this I'd be all over it for free
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #446 (permalink)

Talking

I've played with the setup a bit but I've kept the front grip and ditched the rail beyond it to save a little weight. I also run with just a bottle and no stock. Don't like remotes, they can snag on undergrowth. Without any rails it kinda looks naked and I like the ergonomics of that front grip. Might buy a railmounted flashlight at Wayne's.

Stoked to finally have an IZON sight! I also got a Tiberius brand mildot scope... SEXY, but it doesn't fit with a rotor. A revy or vlocity might fit but meh I'm gonna just start with the rotor+ IZON setup. The mags only scope setup is seriously hot though & I do own a Tac8 pistol

Cannot wait til next weekend!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #447 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I've been using my DAM for a couple weeks now and am pretty happy with it. I'll be happier as soon as all my mags come in so I can set it up the way I want to play with mag only, hope they aren't on backorder much longer.

I have noticed what I'm thinking might be a problem (manufactures defect). I don't get very good efficiency and I'm getting a lot of first shot shoot down even with the dwell at 30. I've noticed on the bolt that the top hat slides on (the section right before the skinny part) is not all the same diameter. It increases in diameter towards the front of that section on the bolt like it may not of been machined right. I can feel a lot more resistance when moving the bolt back and forth due to it. It also has made a visible ring around it where it rubs more. On my DM6 bolt, it does not have an increase in diameter like the DAM does.

Can any of you that have one check it the next time you clean it and see if that is normal or if I have a defect.

Here's a pic of a regular DM bolt but it should explain the area I'm talking about....

DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #448 (permalink)

Dewell on 30

Ive got mine running at 290 fps with the dewell at 16 with no drop off . I think you gone to the extremes a bit quickly.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #449 (permalink)

CCM Fan
That's why I'm thinking that something is not right. It is not like that on the other DM bolts that I have and I can not see a reason for it to be like that. It would make sense that it would cause the drop off and bad efficiency. I played the first couple weeks with a dwell of 20 (stock) and tried raising it due to the drop off and it hasn't made a difference.
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #450 (permalink)
Post Whore

got mine set to 14 dwell and gets great gas efficiency! chronoed at 270 fps
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News