mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #451 (permalink)
R&D Engineer

@Thotograph It sounds like it is just the bolt being out of position. This can be caused by not putting it all the way back during reassembly of the bolt system. It can also happen when the gun is shut down with air still in it (normal). It can release that last bit of pressure through the front and move the bolt out of place. Either way its easy to avoid.

So I think this is what is happening to you: When the bolt is not all the way back, the #014 on the Top Hat will allow a little air through and this will cause the bolt to travel forward and dump air. Sometimes it won't return when this happens. Try firing the gun and it usually cycles and seats correctly. If you always have that bolt seated all the way back, I don't think you will see this anymore.

Also, I avoid the degass problem by following a simple shut down procedure. Shut down Rotor, Turn off air, Shot one ball, turn off gun, Barrel Sock. This will make your gun safe too. If you turn the whole thing upside-down, with the Rotor turned off, and pull the Shark Fin a couple of times you will clear all the paintballs from the breech and you won't waste a ball clearing the air from you gun. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it up!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #452 (permalink)
R&D Engineer

@DJmatt123

That portion of the Bolt actually has 2 unique diameters and a slope. The larger diameter at the front ensures a nice seal and the drop off gives a more even activation motion.

30 is a big number for dwell and will hurt efficiency. We only recommend a few point increase for problems like first shot drop off.

First Shot drop off is best treated with proper lubrication. The Red o-ring on the bolt is the sail and needs to very well lubed. Don't go over board but I lube mine every time I go play. Sometimes twice on a long day. For better accuracy dry fire it without a barrel or eye pipe to help clear excess lube (you don't want it to touch anything that a paintball will).

Try the dwell procedure I suggested earlier in this thread. You may see a change now that is been worn in a bit.

Thanks for the feedback. Let me know how it goes.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #453 (permalink)
Joint Fury Captain

Send a message via AIM to Joint Fury Balz

Fan of EMR
I wanted one of these...

However, If I dropped $1300 and had do to anything to the gun beyond cleaning it, basic maintenance and adjusting the velocity in the first... 2 years, I'd want my money back. Bells & Whistles are great, but if it doesn't go "bang" every time I pull the trigger... I don't want it.

I'm not one of these blow-gun with a pump handle "stock paintball guys" but I think I'd become physically violent if I ever bought another gun that shot ropes over the chrono then somehow became inoperable during the 50 yard walk to the insertion.

I'll need to see solid reliability in my next purchase. With the mere mention of first shot drop off with the DAM, I'm beginning to look elsewhere.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #454 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Fury Balz View Post
I wanted one of these...

However, If I dropped $1300 and had do to anything to the gun beyond cleaning it, basic maintenance and adjusting the velocity in the first... 2 years, I'd want my money back. Bells & Whistles are great, but if it doesn't go "bang" every time I pull the trigger... I don't want it.

I'm not one of these blow-gun with a pump handle "stock paintball guys" but I think I'd become physically violent if I ever bought another gun that shot ropes over the chrono then somehow became inoperable during the 50 yard walk to the insertion.

I'll need to see solid reliability in my next purchase. With the mere mention of first shot drop off with the DAM, I'm beginning to look elsewhere.
I wish you were joking... a few bumps on the dwell is all you need to change. Its not complicated in the least.

I'm making the switch to Scenairo/UWL play and would love to shoot DAMs. Unfortunately they're just a bit too far out of my price range.

Kudos to dye for making a product thats just super comfortable and worlds ahead of any other Milsim product out there. I hope to shoot a bunch of fools with the DAM at some point in the future.

Last edited by Cottontail; 11-30-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #455 (permalink)
Post Whore

any high end marker you buy your going need to tweak it a little to your liking and style. 170 shots off a 13/3000 tank is a huge improvement. Once the air thru stock comes out the marker is going to be awesome as a mag fed marker.

Has anyone heard when Dye plans on coming out with the air thru stock?

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #456 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
I can fit my 48/4500 on the existing stock.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #457 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Skibbo, throw an 8 inch barrel on there and you've got yourself something resembling an AT-10!
Super cool marker .... but (I don't like the beretta look)

You could chop off the plastic foregrip and mod FAL wood fore grips. Tape two mags together or perhaps they could make the mag interlock like a swiss sig rifle.

Buttstock like the commando (FAL style) could be adapted ....

Then it would look cooler ...

I suppose modding a $1400 marker is prohibitive.

Dam FAL

This would look nice:

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.

Last edited by bond commander bond; 12-03-2012 at 01:59 AM.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #458 (permalink)

I think I found the culprit on the gas-up/bolt fwd thing, and I was able to avoid the issue the whole weekend. It wasn't the bolt being all the way back, it was the can coming a little bit unscrewed, just gotta get it screwed down tight before it goes back in the gun.

The DAM ran great at Wayne's! She got DIRTY but never skipped a beat :-D The FS rounds are so niice and going back n forth with the quickness is priceless!! Plonked someone from 100yds or so. Took a few pokes to get him but that's what you get for just standing there observing movement in Sinker Town! Guy looked surprised when he caught it. I had to remind him that indeed he was out. Thanks for the reply Kevin w/ Dye, and right on for building an amazing scenario marker. Can't wait to get it out there again!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #459 (permalink)
R&D Engineer

Glad you had fun. Thats the point right?

All of our bolt systems have a tendency to unscrew at different points when removing the bolt. None of the parts, including the can, will ever come unscrewed when firing. It only happens when its all getting unscrewed. Just make sure to tighten up all those parts before reinserting and you'll never have an issue.

Thanks for letting me know how it all turned out. Always fun hearing about people getting kills with the DAM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #460 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
I think I found the culprit on the gas-up/bolt fwd thing, and I was able to avoid the issue the whole weekend. It wasn't the bolt being all the way back, it was the can coming a little bit unscrewed, just gotta get it screwed down tight before it goes back in the gun.

The DAM ran great at Wayne's! She got DIRTY but never skipped a beat :-D The FS rounds are so niice and going back n forth with the quickness is priceless!! Plonked someone from 100yds or so. Took a few pokes to get him but that's what you get for just standing there observing movement in Sinker Town! Guy looked surprised when he caught it. I had to remind him that indeed he was out. Thanks for the reply Kevin w/ Dye, and right on for building an amazing scenario marker. Can't wait to get it out there again!
See, I knew people were out there using FS (non event paint). tsk tsk. I really wanted to run them threw the SR1, but my conscience kept me honest. It just didn't seem right with how badly we were already crushing the North side.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News