mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #461 (permalink)

Talking

I was on the North side... and yeah it was a good ole fashion pushing in of the... well you know. It was ugly ;-)

Seriously though having hunter safety orange as your arm band vs. fern green seems a bit wonky to me! I don't think I've ever won while playing out of N base.

Also, WTG whoever lit that hut on fire with the smoke nade... I'm guessing we'll see a new regulation on smokes next year, lol all of a sudden the whole right side was really smokey... my buddy was in that hut.

The DAM was great with that IZON sight. I was really able to post up on people wherever I was grinding it out. Great defensive scenario marker and I never felt like it was bulky when I was bushwhacking. I run it bottle only, works perfectly fine with a 68 and a nice n grippy exalt cover. Very stable shooting platform.

I'll get a pic on here soon. Ran my stiff-tip all weekend but it looks awesome with a 10" tip... also my Armson 13" (nightstick heavy beast) threads in nicely and is sooo loud :-)

Just wish I had a chrono so I could tune it now that it's had some good field time.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #462 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
I was on the North side... and yeah it was a good ole fashion pushing in of the... well you know. It was ugly ;-)

Seriously though having hunter safety orange as your arm band vs. fern green seems a bit wonky to me! I don't think I've ever won while playing out of N base.

Also, WTG whoever lit that hut on fire with the smoke nade... I'm guessing we'll see a new regulation on smokes next year, lol all of a sudden the whole right side was really smokey... my buddy was in that hut.

The DAM was great with that IZON sight. I was really able to post up on people wherever I was grinding it out. Great defensive scenario marker and I never felt like it was bulky when I was bushwhacking. I run it bottle only, works perfectly fine with a 68 and a nice n grippy exalt cover. Very stable shooting platform.

I'll get a pic on here soon. Ran my stiff-tip all weekend but it looks awesome with a 10" tip... also my Armson 13" (nightstick heavy beast) threads in nicely and is sooo loud :-)

Just wish I had a chrono so I could tune it now that it's had some good field time.
The last St.Valentines game was worse. I believe three of the four arm colors were yellow, white, and lime green. Which all looked the same color through yellow lens masks...

I really need to get my hands on a DAM...

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #463 (permalink)

Our first one for stock finally came in today and its deff a lot smaller and lighter than most people were expecting it to be. The Izon sight works pretty good but I'll endup putting a 2x red dot on there for use with the FSRs. Also the super freak with apex tip looks pretty bad *** on there. The mags out of the box are a lil stiff going in but I'm sure it will get better with use. Overall I'm really freaking stoked to get my tan one when it ships...
POTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #464 (permalink)

That Dark Earth was a tempting color but I have so much gear in Olive and it looks really clean with the rest of my setup. The DyeCam model won't be around for a while it seems and I find the dyecam guns to be alot darker and more red than the dyecam playing wear.

I cant wait to get more magazines. I've got a 4x mildot scope but the rotor doesn't clear it. If I could buy a new vlocity feed cup (that isn't cut down) I bet I could run a hopper on it with the scope but I wouldn't mind running mags only and FS rounds at a scenario. If I had 4 20rnd mags and my two stock mags I'd have plenty of rounds to pour on them and the scope sights in pretty well. I might try to find lower scope rings... The ones I have are a bit tall.

A 2x red dot sounds cool, just make sure it will clear your chosen loader... I might look for a nice low magnification/short red dot. Also, I shortened the rail length and you can still install the front cap on just the one length of rail, it looks so clean. There's a crude iron sight built into the front cap and rail... You can see it even with the IZON installed. Works pretty well for a second reference and if you have the IZON sighted for a longer shot like mine is.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #465 (permalink)
WJS

For me, keeping it light is important but I also plan on using FS only so having a scope on it is important, too. The one you see here is a shotgun scope 1.75-4x. Easy to use with a mask on and sighted in at 100'. Very accurate!

I'm not a fan of the look and added weight of the Tiberius ASR but I appreciate the function. This is version 2 of the ASR which shortens the rails and cuts the weight down 8 ounces from 16.

Without the ASR; lowers the profile but now I have at arch long-range shots.

I find it's more comfortable using the stock than the tank. So I plan on running a remote.

Overall, I love this gun. I come from an Ego and hand-feeding FS rounds into a Trracer so this gun is the best of both world for me. I've ordered a MoFo barrel from HammerHead. I have their Dominator barrel which I like a lot but it's too loud. I'm hoping the MoFo with the Bang Stikxx muzzle will help but I'm not sure about the deflecting sound backwards theory. It's the rifling I want to match the fins on the FS rounds. The Dominator on the Trracer w/ FS rounds worked really well.

The only problem I've had with this gun was not inserting the mags with enough force. It would miss-feed and break the top ball. Total user-error. But like I said, FS only for me.

Almost $5/12 round mag when buying FS in the 100 pack! Hahaha, that's nuts but hopefully I'll get kills with one-two shots.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #466 (permalink)

CCM Fan
So maybe I'm a little to hopeful, but could a Dye tech or someone with a 2011/2012 rail check/confirm if the bolt is the same which would mean the Billy Wing bolt would work in the DAM. I'm still having a lot of problems with first shot drop off, even when maxing out dwell. I've tried adjusting the dwell quite a bit and I've tried to lube the bolt regularly. After the first shot, it's great but when I have been waiting all game to snipe someone and I pull the trigger, I need the first shot to count.

On another note, this may save some people some headaches. I was playing on Sunday and half way thru the day my DAM started to turn itself off after a shot or two. I assumed it was the battery so I put a new one in. Next game same thing, I may get a few shots off and then it turns off. I found the screw at the back of the marker under the cap that slides on for the stock had came loose a hair which allowed the battery plug to lose contact for a second turning off the marker. I loosened the screw that holds the battery wires in place and pulled out just a little more slack so that it presses the connector better against the circuit board and made sure all screws where snugged down. It seems to be working like a champ again!
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #467 (permalink)
R&D Engineer

@DJmatt123

The bolt on the DAM is longer then any other bolt we make so a billywing bolt will not function in the DAM.

You shouldn't have to adjust the dwell that much to get a better response on the first shot drop off. Are you in a cold climate? You may consider a lighter weight lube for the sail and the 014 on the manifold.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #468 (permalink)

I just got mine in. What a sick piece of gear - very very nice. Well done guys.

Now how do we accelerate getting a rotor based box loader, first strike drum mag, and an air in stock?

Thomas
http://www.thomaspaintball.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093
UThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #469 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UThomas View Post
I just got mine in. What a sick piece of gear - very very nice. Well done guys.

Now how do we accelerate getting a rotor based box loader, first strike drum mag, and an air in stock?

Thomas

LOL, i just want the air thru stock before the big cell six game in march!

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #470 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Thanks for the info Kevin! I am in California so I don't think it's the temp, I've been playing in 50-70 degree weather which shouldn't cause problems I don't believe. I have changed the sail oring so we'll see if that makes any difference this weekend. I've tried a couple lubes that work great on my DM6 and it hasn't worked yet to fix the fsdo.
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News