mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #491 (permalink)

My two cents here on this, I got my hands on one and played around with it about a month back. Beautiful. Hats off to the guys at Dye for their work on it, but I must admit that while I can understand the price tag based on what went into it, I knew that it was not going to be something that I could afford. I would be interested in a PAM (or whatever you might call an eventual Proto version), and I have a friend who is a Proto fan and would probably jump all over it.
Blackmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #492 (permalink)

Oh, and about the izon. I got it right away and loved it, but my brother wasn't able to get the hang of it. I guess that it varies from person to person.
Blackmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #493 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
For those using the DAM in a First Strike Sniping role, I made a simple scope cam how-to for those that wants to capture their first strike kill shots on video. It will work on anyone that wants to put optical sights on their DAM.

If you all permit me, here my the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKXLKpcvuCE

Thanks.
First, I love your vids. I tried attaching a camera to my scope, but I found it very hard to aim with the LCD.

Second, for those who want to put a scope on their DAM and play sniper, they'll pretty much have to play magfed only, since most hoppers will interfere with the scope... unless offset rails are used.
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #494 (permalink)

This is probably one for kevinatdye, I just picked up a dam, but it didn't have a manual in the box and I can't find one on the dye site...where could I download a manual for this gun?
Sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #495 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I'm still having some issue with FSDO, it's better after changing the sail o-ring but still has been happening to many times. I may have to try going thru and changing out all of the o-rings on bolt assembly. On a different note, I've started working on a Q-DAM.....it seems to be working so far, just have to get it attached better to the mag. Here's what I have so far.....not perfect but might work until Dye gets the box mag out....

DJmatt123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #496 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Here's the first test. I'm not sure what happened around the 15th shot, the eyes where on but no balls came out after firing twice. No broken balls. Just have to make sure it's mounted securely now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psOE7xjRZq8
Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #497 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJmatt123 View Post
Here's the first test. I'm not sure what happened around the 15th shot, the eyes where on but no balls came out after firing twice. No broken balls. Just have to make sure it's mounted securely now.
It didn't feed there but you held down the trigger. So the marker did a clearing shot.

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #498 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
First, I love your vids. I tried attaching a camera to my scope, but I found it very hard to aim with the LCD.
Yeah, aiming with the LCD is not easy. The scope cam wasn't meant to be kept on the scope all the time; I only put it on when I find myself in a sweet position. Until I find a scope with a video-out at a price less than the marker it mounts on, this is a super cheap alternative. IF you have an Iphone, the screen is of a higher resolution to capture your shots. Someone here has made a mod for it.

Digital Camera scope mount mod:
Con: bulky, ruins the scope clarity, adds weight
Pro: cheap alternative to capture long range FS shots, easy and fun to build
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #499 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Test #2...working good so far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys6zOFqcf1Q
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #500 (permalink)
R&D Engineer

^Sweet^

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News