mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #501 (permalink)

Love the Q-DAM!! I might have to sacrifice one of my mags so I can rock that...
Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #502 (permalink)

CCM Fan
At $10 apiece, it's not even much of a sacrifice. Also if you can figure out a little different way to attach it, you could still use the other side of the mag to hold more pb's or fs's....

I should be playing this weekend so we'll see how it works in the real world...
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #503 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Can the Rap4 box mag fit on the DAM?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #504 (permalink)

Not without some serious mod work. Also I've been thoroughly unimpressed with the reliability of the box mag. Maybe if dye were to create a drum mag, or mod the rap4 drum mag when it releases in 2038.
Admanobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #505 (permalink)

BTW, has anybody found a way to mount a scope and adjustable riser, either the tiberius or killjoy, and still run hopper? I've tried two different radical solutions, but neither is proving practical. A simple 45 degree offset would do the trick, but you'd have to make sure the gun was canted appropriately to shoot long range.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #506 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I used my "Q-DAM" all weekend and it seems to be working good. I went thru about 400 rounds and I did have a couple chops, but I believe it's just a matter of getting the right amount of winds in for the spring in the pods. It was at the end of the pod and it would stop loading and I tapped it which I think fed a ball partway into the chamber and it chopped. I had lowered the amount of winds on the spring when I was trying it on an old gun and thought it was causing the balls to break when fed into the chamber to forcefully but I don't think that's the case now. I was using Nelson Anarchy also which is a pretty brittle tournament paint.

Another work around for the scope fitment problem would be to extend the feedneck on the hopper. It will make for a taller target but could clear the scope possibly.
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #507 (permalink)
MCB Member

I try the Tiberius FSR and it did not fit with a hopper in place. You would really have to extend the feed neck quite a bit in order to get clearance for the FSR.

Swamp
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #508 (permalink)

So far I've tried two setups. First, i made a 45 degree offset out of a T9 feedneck. My Tiberius rail is still to long for this, but I believe the killjoy or new shorter Tiberius rails would fit it just barely (the manual feed on the rotor might not fit). My other idea was to use an offset rail. Valken makes a rail, but only offsets one inch, so I made one that offsets about 3 inches. However, its a little awkward as it naturally sights with my left eye.

In the end I decided neither was worth it. I'll use the rail for mag-only setups, and I've got a red-dot that I've removed some shims on to jack up the elevation a bit. Just wanted to see if anybody else was experimenting or had come up with any good solutions.

This one is a little ridiculous:

This almost works:

Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #509 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admanobrien View Post
Just wanted to see if anybody else was experimenting or had come up with any good solutions.
Did you see my DAM in the Dye photo thread?

Also, I'm thinking of just using offset scope mounts, without an adjustable riser.

FS range will not be as good, but if you're going to put a hopper on the DAM, you'll be shooting at medium to close range on most games anyway, otherwise you'd just be shooting magfed at extra long range.
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #510 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

why not get a red dot wit rails on the sides to mount your scope?
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News