mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #621 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ok - we get it - the guys DAM doesn't work and he isn't up for paying shipping to get it fixed. Goatboy - do you even own one or are you just trolling?

Now can we get back to speculating on the box mag and air through stock for all the people who's DAM's do work?
http://www.thomaspaintball.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093
UThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #622 (permalink)

Ok, I wasn't going to post but I wanted to clarify that I have sent it in before and it cost me upwards of... I think it was 60 bucks. I'm In Canada, there's no dye head quarters here. And I actually just ordered the new bolt assembly, out of my pocket. I have no desire to play the shipping game. But to be honest I think dye didn't put my order through, they haven't charged 75 bucks to my card... Maybe they sent it free? If they did I wasn't informed about it. Not sure who I talked too, but I called Brian's extension so it was either him or another tech. I'll have to call tomorrow and see what's been done...

Bottom line, the gun has problems. The fact that it works great for some people and terrible for other's is evidence that dye's quality... I should say manufacturing standards are un-acceptable and they need to look else-where to have their products made. The majority of dye dams could not achieve a velocity above 270 fps when it was released to the market. That should not have happened. Someone at dye new this was going to be a problem but they still released it. If they didn't know, they didn't do their homework. The problem is just too big. That's my view. Robotech, you can believe what ever you want; I don't care. I'm not arguing, that's my opinion. And no matter how many details you give me about your employment history, I'm not going to change my mind.

Last edited by Mickey_Kn0x; 09-24-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Mickey_Kn0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #623 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Kn0x View Post
Bottom line, the gun has problems. The fact that it works great for some people and terrible for other's is evidence that dye's quality... I should say manufacturing standards are un-acceptable and they need to look else-where to have their products made. The majority of dye dams could not achieve a velocity above 270 fps when it was released to the market. That should not have happened. Someone at dye new this was going to be a problem but they still released it. If they didn't know, they didn't do their homework. The problem is just too big. That's my view. Robotech, you can believe what ever you want; I don't care. I'm not arguing, that's my opinion. And no matter how many details you give me about your employment history, I'm not going to change my mind.
No I get it and I don't expect you to change your mind. You bought a very expensive product and expect it to work. It didn't. I've felt just as frustrated at Dye's customer service. I called about DyeCam mags when I first got my gun as no one had them and Dye didn't show them on their website. It took me four calls and five days to get an answer that they did offer them but had none in stock. (Well I knew they offered them because I got two of them with my marker!)

I also understand how frustrating it must be to have to deal with shipping issues across the US/Canada boarder. We dealt with these same issues and, quite honestly now knowing that, I understand your reluctance at shipping it to them especially since you already shipped it to them once before.

I agree with Goatboy here, throw a stink. Squeeky wheel gets the oil and all that. You shouldn't have to be paying for a new bolt.

Goatboy, I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that just because I write in a business manner that I am not a technical person. I worked Customer Service/R&D in the past and where I work now is a facility whose only purpose is to make sure weapons systems for the US Navy ships work as they are supposed to. Say whatever you want, make fun of the way I put things out there (if all "limited" releases are releases but not all releases are "limited" then what do you call those releases that are something other than "limited" releases so as to differentiate them from said "limited" releases?) but I still stand by my concepts.

Last edited by Robotech; 09-26-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #624 (permalink)

I just received the upgraded bolt in the mail today! And to top it off Dye didn't charge me! I guess because they knew I already had my marker in for the velocity/air leak issue, it was enough evidence to be covered by warranty. I should note that while replacing the solenoid did help, it didn't correct the problem. Where as the new bolt is supposed to address these problems. I've also heard that its supposed to help with paint breaking issues. Couldn't have been better timing, Big game on Sunday!

Thank you for the great customer service DYE!

Can Anyone tell me if all the O-rings, bolt bumper etc. are interchangeable with the new bolt? I've heard it comes with a larger orange bumper, does that mean the black bumper isn't compatible?

Edit*

I may have spoken to soon. On the invoice it definitely shows a total cost of 100 bucks plus my credit card info. I assumed they would have charged my card before shipping it out like everyone else. There's still no charge on my card.

Last edited by Mickey_Kn0x; 09-28-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Mickey_Kn0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #625 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Quote:
I wouldn't feel right ditching it on someone else. That and I'm holding out in hope that Someone at DYE PRECISION INC. Will grow a set of balls and set this sh!t straight.
Don't hold your breath, you will asphyxiate before Dye will sort out any problems.

My solenoid failed on a DM, it took a year and four trips across the continent before someone actually did a proper job on repairs. Absolutely maddening how weak Dye has become.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #626 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UThomas View Post
Ok - we get it - the guys DAM doesn't work and he isn't up for paying shipping to get it fixed. Goatboy - do you even own one or are you just trolling?
I didn't realize this was an owner's only thread. Oh well, if the only two choices are "you're an owner or you're a troll", then I'd better get right on that.

Do I have to buy the entire thing to have a voice, or can it just be a part of the DAM?

Well, regardless, can someone tell me what the part numbers for the DAM receiver and associated mag release bits are, and where I might purchase a few individually?

If I could get my hands on the receiver, I would be more than happy to vacate your DAM thread.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #627 (permalink)

Quote:
Couldn't have been better timing, Big game on Sunday!
How was the big game?
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #628 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Just got my Dam today, usually I'm a cocker guy but I really wanted to play with some first strikes. Gonna be a great scenario marker.

Last edited by leathalh; 10-01-2013 at 01:32 AM.
leathalh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #629 (permalink)
MCB Member

Gotcha Goatboy - you don't own one. Have you ever even shot one? Held one? Or do you want to spend more time telling actual owners about issues you haven't experienced (and most of us haven't either)?
http://www.thomaspaintball.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093
UThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #630 (permalink)
EMT's

Some of you people in here whine more than my 9yr old daughter when she cant get what she wants...

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News