mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #631 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UThomas View Post
Gotcha Goatboy - you don't own one. Have you ever even shot one? Held one? Or do you want to spend more time telling actual owners about issues you haven't experienced (and most of us haven't either)?
That's correct, I am a proud non-owner of a DAM!

I do like the magazines though. Is it OK if I just buy part of the DAM, and then I am allowed to speak? I don't much like the other gristly parts.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #632 (permalink)
7paintball & Airsoft

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by leathalh View Post
Just got my Dam today, usually I'm a cocker guy but I really wanted to play with some first strikes. Gonna be a great scenario marker.
The first strike is a great feature other then that I just wasn't impressed.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #633 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
The first strike is a great feature other then that I just wasn't impressed.
That is the only good thing that can be said about this gun, its way over priced for what it is.

Coupled with terrible customer support from Dye is what is stopping me from buying one.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #634 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
I picked mine up used for quite a bit less than original price. Also got mine with all the updated parts. I know already it probably isn't worth the asking price but it ain't bad second hand. It may not be the first to shoot paintballs and first strike but it does seem to be the most polished option at the moment. It's a new design, some teething problems are going to be there. The 10 minute shutoff is just a complete oversight for a scenario marker. Most people seem very satisfied with theirs and I hope to be among them. It is not what my ultimate dream setup would be, I'm not a big fan of electro's. I feel too disconnected from my marker. However, the Dam hits right on so many levels that the problems that have surfaced should not cast down a marker that is major step into unknown territory and a possible look into the future of what is to come. Well done Dye.

Of course I may play with it this weekend and negate everything I have just said.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #635 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
How was the big game?
Not good, the new bolt got rid of the velocity/air leak problem but all my dam does is break paint, I'm so frustrated I left. I literally can not use my dam because of this. Oh, and dye did charge me for the bolt plus shipping... More than likely because I pointed out that they hadn't charged my card

I found a very poor machining job on the inside of the body where the bolt assembly slides into. I think this may be causing the bolt to fire off center in the gun and hit paint with the edge of the bolt. I can not find any other alternative as to why this thing breaks so much paint. I have since been in contact with Bryan. He had customer service issue a call tag for me, and now my gun is going to be inspected at dye.

Last edited by Mickey_Kn0x; 10-06-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Mickey_Kn0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #636 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Kn0x View Post
Not good, the new bolt got rid of the velocity/air leak problem but all my dam does is break paint, I'm so frustrated I left. I literally can not use my dam because of this. Oh, and dye did charge me for the bolt plus shipping... More than likely because I pointed out that they hadn't charged my card

I found a very poor machining job on the inside of the body where the bolt assembly slides into. I think this may be causing the bolt to fire off center in the gun and hit paint with the edge of the bolt. I can not find any other alternative as to why this thing breaks so much paint. I have since been in contact with Bryan. He had customer service issue a call tag for me, and now my gun is going to be inspected at dye.
After my DAM came back, it also kept breaking paint but not 100% of the time. I blamed the brittle paint of the day... I'll have another look with harder shelled paint.
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #637 (permalink)

I've been through everything buddy, it's not my paint.

Last edited by Mickey_Kn0x; 10-07-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Mickey_Kn0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #638 (permalink)
OKC

Great read, been following this thread since the begginning. I almost pulled the trigger but held off at the first sign of trouble. For the the people dealing with probs, sorry for the frustration but thank you for passing it along to the rest of us. I may still buy one if DYE can release a 2.0 or something... but with zero validation from DYE that the new bolt goes into all new DAM's, I'm not looking to purchase anytime soon.

That and one our strongest/technical players bought one of these and it had all sorts of velocity issues. Needless to say, he was incredibly frustrated with it game day. I don't see him running it anymore; I think he may have sold it.

Last edited by arturo; 10-07-2013 at 11:25 PM.
arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #639 (permalink)

rotor based DYE Boxmag just posted on ANS! $350 is a bit more than I expected though

But I must have it...
http://www.thomaspaintball.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093
UThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #640 (permalink)

http://www.thomaspaintball.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093
UThomas is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News