mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
What is the fuxe?
as in "what the fuxe?!"
Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manike View Post
Such a thing does actually exist from 2006 but never made production. There was only one prototype of it ever made and it was really just the engraved Empire logo and a fancy anno job.
Here is the basis of my theory:

1. Kee has a habit of scopping up IPs left and right, and if they bought up the Angel/WDP IP; then they already have access to a workable poppet valved gun.

2. It looks too tall to be a spoolie. While I am not a huge fan of spoolies; I will admit the lower profile they possess is a plus.

3. It would not take much in the way of engineering to do away with the third tube/cavern on the angel body and bring out a stacked tube poppet gun.

On the other hand:

Kee did buy the Smart Parts IP. So that would give them free reign to produce a Luxe type gun and under-sell DLX. It would be a jerk move, but in this business money walks...
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Here is the basis of my theory:

1. Kee has a habit of scopping up IPs left and right, and if they bought up the Angel/WDP IP; then they already have access to a workable poppet valved gun.

2. It looks too tall to be a spoolie. While I am not a huge fan of spoolies; I will admit the lower profile they possess is a plus.

3. It would not take much in the way of engineering to do away with the third tube/cavern on the angel body and bring out a stacked tube poppet gun.

On the other hand:

Kee did buy the Smart Parts IP. So that would give them free reign to produce a Luxe type gun and under-sell DLX. It would be a jerk move, but in this business money walks...
Offering customers an equivalent (or better) product at a cheaper price is never a jerk move to me as a customer. To me, that's how companies win my business. Money should always walk in business matters--to the company that competes best for your money as a customer.

If Kee has created a Luxe equivalent that's cheaper, good on 'em. I'm not in the market for such a marker (I picked up an NXT recently, the poor man's Luxe), but I can see how some people would appreciate it.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Let me guess...it's in your basement?
I wish. And I tried. My boss snagged it first. I didn't have anything to do with that project so had no real claim on it anyway.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by manike View Post
Such a thing does actually exist from 2006 but never made production. There was only one prototype of it ever made and it was really just the engraved Empire logo and a fancy anno job.
So was it a milled up G7 Angel?
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Just saw this on Facebook:

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
Offering customers an equivalent (or better) product at a cheaper price is never a jerk move to me as a customer. To me, that's how companies win my business. Money should always walk in business matters--to the company that competes best for your money as a customer.

If Kee has created a Luxe equivalent that's cheaper, good on 'em. I'm not in the market for such a marker (I picked up an NXT recently, the poor man's Luxe), but I can see how some people would appreciate it.
I am certainly not saying that I would not LOVE a 'Cocker threaded Luxe with out the talking board. In fact as silly as it sounds one of the reasons I won't buy a Luxe is because of the barrel threading.

As for the "Jerk Move," I think I need to explain. DLX really does not sell the volume of guns that other companies do, and if Empire manages to release a comparable gun with better features (in my case do away with that reprobate talking board) and a more standard barrel threading, then the market will shift towards that, and well DLX will take a huge hit. But, then again it would be their own fault.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #28 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Cool another high end tourney gun.

Its sad when a $150 Spyder is more innovative than new "high ends."

Where's the creativity?
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post

Where's the creativity?
^
This. I hate how every year how so many companies make similliar products. Last year it was pump guns and the etha, and now this year it's high-end stuff. Empire should've made something different like a mag-fed...
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Some would call that karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post

Where's the creativity?
Agreed. Though that's how it works. There will be no push to come up with something new until people start voting with their wallets. That is what drives what they bring to market.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News