mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Dye also branched into snowboarding/skiing goggles etc. last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
my guess is its mostly for snowboard stuff. theyll sync up the protec stuff with their goggles.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
Dye also branched into snowboarding/skiing goggles etc. last year
Correct!
Dye Snow - Innovative top quality products for todays most demanding Riders.

I think it is awesome they are trying to branch out! Pro-Tec makes very good gear and it will be interesting to see what technologies crossover from one sport to the other.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think what is going to happen is with pro-tec/vans stores around the world, you will more than likely find dye selling their brands in there as well. Why not cut out the the middle man. It makes sense to combine dye snow, now dye protec into one retail store. Maybe even Dye paintball as well. I know as a retail pro shop Dye is really pushing the MAP pricing. What better way to ensure the their high end stuff stays that way. Open your own stores. You might as well buy a company that is all ready known for high end stuff and have the stores in place.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
I think what is going to happen is with pro-tec/vans stores around the world, you will more than likely find dye selling their brands in there as well. Why not cut out the the middle man. It makes sense to combine dye snow, now dye protec into one retail store. Maybe even Dye paintball as well. I know as a retail pro shop Dye is really pushing the MAP pricing. What better way to ensure the their high end stuff stays that way. Open your own stores. You might as well buy a company that is all ready known for high end stuff and have the stores in place.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Agreed. I'd like to see Dye push to become a more household name. By branching out into other sports they will inevitably bring more back into paintball. Having a reputation for quality products is the best way to improve your customer base.
Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Maybe one of the Eng will have a smart idea and make a helmet mask combo. HMMMMMMM didn't we use protec helmet back in the day. Worked out well from what I remember.

Since I hate snow, I'll look forward to paintball helmet innovation. However I think RAP4 will beat everyone to it.

Glad to see stuff like this happening.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafin View Post
Agreed. I'd like to see Dye push to become a more household name. By branching out into other sports they will inevitably bring more back into paintball. Having a reputation for quality products is the best way to improve your customer base.
problem is, DYE has a reputation for looking flashy and being overpriced. Hopefully DYE brings those attributes... no where.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest1977 View Post
Correct!
Dye Snow - Innovative top quality products for todays most demanding Riders.

I think it is awesome they are trying to branch out! Pro-Tec makes very good gear and it will be interesting to see what technologies crossover from one sport to the other.
$250 for snow goggles?!?!?!?

Where does Dye come up with these ridiculous prices???

I thought Oakley's were over priced but now there's a new ******* on the block...
Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Good for them, but I doubt it will do anything for their paintball line. I don't see dye being in paintballs future for too much longer. There is money to be made elsewhere and paintball technology has plateaued especially in the dm line once the milsim fad dies paintball really has nowhere to go. At least their preparing for their future.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshot View Post
$250 for snow goggles?!?!?!?

Where does Dye come up with these ridiculous prices???

I thought Oakley's were over priced but now there's a new ******* on the block...
Doesn't even have a camera or fan in the mask.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News