mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

So is it safe to assume that all Pro-Tec gear will triple in price once it gets the DYE logo on it?
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Dave is a smart businessman. I can remember at the 2001 World Cup he showed up in a rental yellow Ryder truck with 1 popup tent and barrels and gloves to sell. He was late and I asked him and Matt Marshall if I could help set up. After the event when they were clearing out their stock I only had $22 cash and the gloves were $30, Dave said he'd take that deal. Then 2 years later they brought a semi and ironmen had their own bus and dye was making awesome clothes. The rest is history.

I wish I was interested in playing more so I could justify buying some of their more advanced products. But I've got a 16" one piece boomstick from the day that I love.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshot View Post
$250 for snow goggles?!?!?!? .
For that price, the goggles should wipe me.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Cool. I used pro tec stuff back in the 80s when i skated. Happy times!
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

DYE should by Hostess.

:-D
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Pirate

Most expensive twinkies ever.
But it's good to see paintball companies picking up more "mainstream" companies.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Original SWARM

We'd DYE for those Twinkies!

Feedback
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
Joint Fury Captain

Send a message via AIM to Joint Fury Balz

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshot View Post
$250 for snow goggles?!?!?!?

Where does Dye come up with these ridiculous prices???

I thought Oakley's were over priced but now there's a new ******* on the block...
Why are they *******s?
Oakley makes great stuff and charges accordingly.
Just like Heckler & Koch...
Just like Apple...

They wouldn't have the price tag if people weren't buying.

You get what you pay for.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Based on the very ambitious pricing (hey, they sell well, I suppose) in other 'extreme' sports, I am sure Dye will fit in quite nicely with the Pro-Tec line-up.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
No surprise here, Dye's paintball related revenue has stopped growing at the rate they are used too. Stats show the sport is not growing like it used too either, though spending on the sport has not slipped (those who play seem to be spending more). Dye has made a good deal of profit recently, and already used it to get into snow sports.

They already had the tech for snow sports because, to be honest, their paintball goggles system shame a lot of halfway decent snow googles. The thermal len's dye makes are already set for ski production. They lacked the protective gear element so they picked up a skate company...but at the same time who would be surprised to see Dye get into Longboarding?

Neversummer has already started making pure CF Longboards, something dye would have the tech and ability (machines) to replicate. The concept sells and LBing has been growing at a rate most sports would kill for. Dye could start will helmets, race googles, SLIDE GLOVES (This seeing as their PB gloves with slide pads would be some of the best slide gloves on the marker from the start) and later produce boards, and trucks.

The FB work would be somewhat new, but not completely as dye uses similar materials in many of its products. Gloves would be right up their alley, helems too now. Trucks would be perfect as the same machines they use to mill their guns would make awesome trucks.

I think Dye is trying to invest in the Boarder/Skier/Paintballer image again, in hopes that it pushes more people into their core marker. Anyone looking at a dye snow or skateboard would have a chance to oogle their markers, which could key an interest in Paintball. Dye has one of the best marketing teams around, honestly its worth getting into skateboarding and skiing just to put Paintball Dye adds in major skate/ski/board mags with mainstream readership.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News