mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Formula 40 was blaze grade Draxxus, so I assume it is being replaced by the marballizer.
The Fireball was Inferno grade, Draxxus' tournament grade, so that will be Evil tournament grade.

My hope is that people at Evil will posess enough intelligence to look at the empty footprints of Vforce/Draxxus they are stepping into as a warning. If Evil delivers paint like the 'tournament' they delivered to Living Legends 5, Hell Survivors will have a new field paint again in 2014, mark my words. Dave and Ed have been in business as long and well as they have because they respect their players and the reputation of their field. Bad paint is not acceptable.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
OSOK

i have been going 9 years now and the paint has been fine for me...the new paint, i expect, will be fine also....
thegrayghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Red Headed Step Child

...and my loose connection to Hell Survivors is that they offered Crosman 3357s as rentals back in 1986...

eBay 756+/0- Feedback
PBNation 164+/0- Feedback
M. Carter Brown 92+/0- Feedback
OVER 1000 ALL POSITIVE TRANSACTION FEEDBACK!
acrewofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Me too, Acrewofone. I'd finally broken down and bought a nelspot not a month earlier when the 3357s showed up. My nelspot went home with someone else that day. Need some 50 field paint? Chronoing at 280 it's still a great village gun, come to the Monster game!
I've counted trucks and done the math over the years, but never asked Dave or Ed(some things you don't ask), I estimate HS to use between 15 and 20 million paintballs a season in spite of being closed from end of Nov to the 1st of April. Why would a company send that customer crap paint when they are handloading paint for their proteam that only costs them?
I've watched draxxus and evil both do it though, my fingers are crossed....

And to be fair fireball was awesome until the company came off the rails. I loved that paint
Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 01-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Great... Repeat of LL5 and Evil paint.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

i hate to say it, but KEE paint is inconsistent in my opinion. i usually only shoot Ultra Evil, Evil, All-star, Marbs, Premium, or Premium Gold. i hope it works out for Hells Survivors.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Now to be fair last year at this time I tried a demo batch from evil that was horrible (made for HSI) I couldn't shoot a bag of it... So late this season when a few skids of blood red ultra evil came in i was very apprehensive.. but i have to say it shoots nice and is almost impossible to wipe it dosen't wick in like other premium paints or have corn starch filler like practice grades.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I shot all grades at various times. Everything worked pretty well.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Acidpaintball called it...

Wow, that Evil was TERRIBLE. CPX behaved in a stand-up manner, in my opinion, and replaced all of the Evil we bought with better stuff the next day. The Marbs I got were decent, but still not great.

I used to be a Marballizer fan, big time but I agree, Kee has pretty much ruined the reputation of the paint in my opinion. You may get a decent case and the next is terrible.

Now, if HSI announced that Valken was going to be the field paint next year...that I could get excited about.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Formula 40 was blaze grade Draxxus, so I assume it is being replaced by the marballizer.
The Fireball was Inferno grade, Draxxus' tournament grade, so that will be Evil tournament grade.

My hope is that people at Evil will posess enough intelligence to look at the empty footprints of Vforce/Draxxus they are stepping into as a warning. If Evil delivers paint like the 'tournament' they delivered to Living Legends 5, Hell Survivors will have a new field paint again in 2014, mark my words. Dave and Ed have been in business as long and well as they have because they respect their players and the reputation of their field. Bad paint is not acceptable.

Rob
Yeah, not like it really affects me since the odds of me being able to make an HS game anytime soon are not great, but I haven't had what I would call "good" RPS paint since probably 2007. However, the stuff that the Cousins NJ field has been getting at its last few big games seems to be better than it was a year or two ago, so hopefully that trend continues.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News