mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

It isn't any real mystery. Companies try to go cheap by letting paint cure in the bags on the truck on the way to a destination. This works for store deliveries, but not a big game where it's going right off the truck into a hopper. That was the beef with our Draxxus, our test batch of evil and it's what was wrong at LL5. Not a mystery or a malfunction, but a purposeful shank, eliminating a step that cost them money, so what if the customer suffers? As a pistol player who literally drove 5 hours and patronized LL5, FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO PLAY A 2 MINUTE GAME AGAINST ANGEL, I got 3 breaks in my first 2 mags. My whole weekend ruined and wasted because evil purposely made bad paint. What Hell Survivors knows and other fields will soon figure out, the field is who pays.
Why would I go back to CPX? EVER??? So they could exchange the $80 dollar junk I was forced by CPX to buy a whole case of, for a slightly less junky $60 case with no refund of the difference and say they're doing me a favor??? If CPX lets evil shank me and helps it along by forcing every pump and pistol player to buy a whole case, do they deserve another chance? I promised i'd do LL6, but I will turn around in the paint line and leave and declare war on CPX and RPS, if they hand me junk, KNOWING IT'S JUNK, like they did last year.

At least at Hell survivors you can buy a single bag and check it out...
Fields will figure it out, HS is just the first and foremost. Paint is integral to the image of your field. Let those paint companies keep screwing your customers and you will go out of business.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #22 (permalink)

Last year at the Michigan Monster Game the Paint shot horribly. I didn't hear a single happy person and there is even a video on youtube with a guy freaking out because of the paint yelling "I paid $65 a case for this sh!t!!!??" as he is trying to shoot.

I was not impressed at all last year with their paint and Formula 40 is junk as well. The refs there were telling me about all of the people that they have had to call an ambulance for on the field because they were hit in the throat with formula 40 and it didnt break. One of them told me it actually happened the weekend before the big game. I even watched a fellow red team player shoot a string of paint at a tree, had to have been 20 or so Paintballs...ALL of them bounced off the tree and none broke. Junk paint for sure.

Just checked out their website. It is a bit weird seeing Empire logos all over the place on their site instead of Draxxus/vforce that i've seen since I started going their in 2002.

Last edited by Steve_81; 01-04-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
It isn't any real mystery. Companies try to go cheap by letting paint cure in the bags on the truck on the way to a destination. This works for store deliveries, but not a big game where it's going right off the truck into a hopper. That was the beef with our Draxxus, our test batch of evil and it's what was wrong at LL5. Not a mystery or a malfunction, but a purposeful shank, eliminating a step that cost them money, so what if the customer suffers? As a pistol player who literally drove 5 hours and patronized LL5, FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO PLAY A 2 MINUTE GAME AGAINST ANGEL, I got 3 breaks in my first 2 mags. My whole weekend ruined and wasted because evil purposely made bad paint. What Hell Survivors knows and other fields will soon figure out, the field is who pays.
Why would I go back to CPX? EVER??? So they could exchange the $80 dollar junk I was forced by CPX to buy a whole case of, for a slightly less junky $60 case with no refund of the difference and say they're doing me a favor??? If CPX lets evil shank me and helps it along by forcing every pump and pistol player to buy a whole case, do they deserve another chance? I promised i'd do LL6, but I will turn around in the paint line and leave and declare war on CPX and RPS, if they hand me junk, KNOWING IT'S JUNK, like they did last year.

At least at Hell survivors you can buy a single bag and check it out...
Fields will figure it out, HS is just the first and foremost. Paint is integral to the image of your field. Let those paint companies keep screwing your customers and you will go out of business.

Rob
Yeah at LL5 my Tiberius was chopping paint bad and the only marker that didnt chop it much as my AT-10. Still barrel swab in hand while shooting? Not cool. I almost took my paint into the proshop and dumped it on the floor, but I decided against it.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I've found at almost every "big game" the paint is going to suck a bit more than normal due to them making so much and not letting it cure long enough. Marbs normally shoot awesome, but at D-day the marbs are a bit subpar.
Although i'm one for the idea of only having ONE grade of paint for a big senario due to not letting the side with more "rich people" shoot all the good paint and leave one side shooting crap.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's what had to happen the first time Steve_81. It's tempting to believe people are going to change when they make convincing promises.
The second time isn't going to take years of bad mistakes. Hopefully the evil will be as good as the second batch we got or better. Empire doesn't make pistol gear so I haven't ever owned any, but I've heard good things about them generally.

Quote:
I've found at almost every "big game" the paint is going to suck a bit more than normal due to them making so much and not letting it cure long enough.
So in other words they're methodically cheating us on purpose. Every Big Game. Everywhere. That's alot of our money they're getting for knowingly delivering substandard product. Draxxus and Evil don't know paintballs need to cure???? Please!

The idea of 2 types of paint is not just so rich people can shoot 'super' paint.
It's so a customer can find the kind of paint that shoots best out of their marker at that event, that weekend. The horrible Evil I got at LL5 was fine after I did the company's job and let it cure. I've shot Formula 40 on weekends I couldn't get fireball to work and vice versa. It saved my fun having 2 chances to win.
Then a week later the horrible fireball would magically be good paint.

If CPX had let me buy a bag, or buy evil or marballizer, I'd have tried a bag of the evil. It would have sucked. I'd have tried the marbs, they would've worked. I'd have gone back and got a case of marbs and not cared a bit about the bag of evil, which I could shoot later. I'd be remembering LL5 in a glow instead of as a waste of time and money.
That's one thing CPX could learn from HS, among other things that made me say hmmm.

Rob

Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to MrBig

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I have shot many bags of paint from HSI over the years. Some have been good. Some have been great. Others have sucked. I expect no different from this.
Either way, I like have the choices of different paints for that exact reason.

I look forward to the 2013 seasons so I can try out the new paint!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

The main problem with procaps (the makers of draxxus) paint before last year was the original owner (who now owns G.I. milsim and re bought procaps in 2012) sold them. Procaps was not sold to a paintball company nor a company knowledgeable about paintball. It was to a company who buys companies for making money. That company had procaps go from grade A suppliers to lesser grades. That's why there paint was not good prior to 2012. From first hand experience the paint wasn't the worst or best last year. Some of my teammates loved the red fill evil paint from 2012. I am interested to see but I am being optimistic about it.

My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
JDLampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

It surprises me the amount of "crap paint" that we run into. It's not like its a new technology or anything. And I had never thought about it before, but the most issues I have had with bad paint were at "big games". I guess since I rarely play recball that I never put it together. You would think if anything, that the paintball manufacturers would send the highest quality they could since they are supplying a more discerning crowd. I can understand trying to save some money, but not at the expense of your reputation.

Last edited by OPBN; 01-04-2013 at 02:19 PM.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
So in other words they're methodically cheating us on purpose. Every Big Game. Everywhere. That's alot of our money they're getting for knowingly delivering substandard product.
I'd say yes. Every scenario and big game I've been to the last three years has had substandard paint, and I'm not talking rec paint. I usually buy top shelf since I play limited paint and pump.

You can pretty much bank on the paint being an issue. This doesn't even account for the fact that it's still shrinking. I was using a .670 and .675 insert at this last Grand Finale with the two grades of paint they offered.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLampy View Post
The main problem with procaps (the makers of draxxus) paint before last year was the original owner (who now owns G.I. milsim and re bought procaps in 2012) sold them. Procaps was not sold to a paintball company nor a company knowledgeable about paintball. It was to a company who buys companies for making money. That company had procaps go from grade A suppliers to lesser grades. That's why there paint was not good prior to 2012. From first hand experience the paint wasn't the worst or best last year. Some of my teammates loved the red fill evil paint from 2012. I am interested to see but I am being optimistic about it.
It was actually more complex, I believe he still owned the formula, so they had to pay or use a different mix. I can't vouch for that but it made sense.

OPBN when I got a chance to chew the ear of the Evil guy at LL5 I had a handful of the Chicago open paint in my pocket to metaphorically(because I'm polite) rub his nose in.
150 yards from LL5 at the chicago open they had cases of white evil paint where every single ball was ready for a little velvet pillow in the perfect paintball museum. It was the best paint you could ask for.
They know how to make good paint, it's just that field owners haven't held their feet to the fire to make them do it. The big agreements they thought were set in stone no matter what, let them cheat us. This is a signal that those companies had better start caring or start another line of work.

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News