mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

I feel you can't even say "fill in the blank" is a good paint anymore, they vary so much from batch to batch. Sometimes the worst brand at the beginning of the year will turn into my go to one in the fall. I've learned to only buy a bag at a time first, after getting stuck with two horrible cases this year.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996XJ View Post
I feel you can't even say "fill in the blank" is a good paint anymore, they vary so much from batch to batch. Sometimes the worst brand at the beginning of the year will turn into my go to one in the fall. I've learned to only buy a bag at a time first, after getting stuck with two horrible cases this year.
Agreed! You really can't these days. I've had years at Hells Survivors that the Paint shot awesome and others I literally said "i'm f@%cking done!" Walked off the field and hung out in the staging area the remainder of the game.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #33 (permalink)
Machinist

Send a message via AIM to KPCS Send a message via Yahoo to KPCS

Man I miss Marballizer Gator black.
It's been a long time ago .....

Ken W
I have come here to chew bubblegum & kick @$$ and I'm all out of bubblegum ......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jPG_JEyt-M
KPCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

I never stuck with it much but buying the field paint from the exotic sportz stores a few weeks before the event was a sure ticket to happy times. At monster for instance I shot paint that was purchased from the global delivery. I had zero breaks and shot a lot of people. Not always an option for out of towners but I recommend it to locals. Right after a big game it's shaky when I buy for open play but within 2 weeks it's as cured as it's gonna get.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I never stuck with it much but buying the field paint from the exotic sportz stores a few weeks before the event was a sure ticket to happy times. At monster for instance I shot paint that was purchased from the global delivery. I had zero breaks and shot a lot of people. Not always an option for out of towners but I recommend it to locals. Right after a big game it's shaky when I buy for open play but within 2 weeks it's as cured as it's gonna get.

Rob
I've tried to get my teammates to drive down to the Exotic Sportz shop to pickup paint a week before the game but nobody ever wants to take the 2.5 hour drive with me if we aren't playing lol.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
It isn't any real mystery. Companies try to go cheap by letting paint cure in the bags on the truck on the way to a destination. This works for store deliveries, but not a big game where it's going right off the truck into a hopper.

Rob
Plus one point for Valken paint -- it cures on the boat ride over. I would love to shoot domestically produced paint but Valken has proven to be significantly better than other choices. I used to love Marballizer but the inconsistency is so bad, I just have given up on it.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPCS View Post

Ken W
I miss when the first marb's came out... Awesome paint back then.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_81 View Post
I even watched a fellow red team player shoot a string of paint at a tree, had to have been 20 or so Paintballs...ALL of them bounced off the tree and none broke. Junk paint for sure.
A buddy brought a bag or two back from hells this year and we actually took the bark off a tree with the paint he had. Some of them did break but most of it didnt I cant imagine getting lit up by that. I would think your shooting reballs at me with how hard they were.

I have never been to Hell's. My team mates say I should pre-order paint but another guy I know says buy a bag at a time because some of it is "rocks" and you could dent cars with it even shooting from a distance. Im a pistol player and I need every shot to break so im on the fence about what to do.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
POP POP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPCS View Post

Ken W
Here you go Ken

RPS Gator Black Paintballs - Black Shell/Neon Green Fill - 100 Rounds
Hula Popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 AM   #40 (permalink)

Just checked Pre-Registration prices. The Paint costs have gone up...

On a side note the two Paintballs I miss the most are Big Ball (black/white shell) and the PMI (Pink shell/fill) from the 90's.

Last edited by Steve_81; 01-07-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News