mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #41 (permalink)
My Hands Shake

Brings a smile to my face
And on the side with Formula forty being rocks, well I can say I have been through a car accident and the paint didn't break.

Last edited by Fidget; 01-07-2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: add to discussion
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_81 View Post
Just checked Pre-Registration prices. The Paint costs have gone up...

On a side note the two Paintballs I miss the most are Big Ball (black/white shell) and the PMI (Pink shell/fill) from the 90's.

I saw what you said about the paint prices on the prereg. I see it says $75 a case but on the site under pricing and hours it says $65 a case. Heres the link:

Pricing & Hours

My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
JDLampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLampy View Post
I saw what you said about the paint prices on the prereg. I see it says $75 a case but on the site under pricing and hours it says $65 a case. Heres the link:

Pricing & Hours
On the Pre-registration form The Pre-registration price for Paint is a little higher then what it was last year.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

So are marbs the new budget stuff that they sell at the store? Or is a formula 40 replacement not a part of this?
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member

It will be FPO Marbs, I bet they stick with the red fill. Dealing with more than one FPO color is a ref's nightmare.

So, IMO, they won't allow random Marbs on field, but the 'formula40' slot will be marbs.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
It will be FPO Marbs, I bet they stick with the red fill. Dealing with more than one FPO color is a ref's nightmare.

So, IMO, they won't allow random Marbs on field, but the 'formula40' slot will be marbs.

Rob
Yes, both will have the blood red fill.

Last edited by Steve_81; 01-11-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Quote:
Rob
Actually, the fill color difference between the Evil, Gold and 40 was quite substantial, the "blood red" fill on one of them was much closer to a hot-pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_81 View Post
Just checked Pre-Registration prices. The Paint costs have gone up...

On a side note the two Paintballs I miss the most are Big Ball (black/white shell) and the PMI (Pink shell/fill) from the 90's.
Sad times if its true on the prices, b/c then day-of prices might be higher for the big games, which really sticks it to those of us who don't want to get stuck with paying for crap paint for the entire weekend.

Also, that pink PMI was my all time favorite paint EVAR! I miss those days. Stupid greedy companies.

And +1 for Valken, my local field used their paint all this year, and i even got a couple cases of Redemption on my own (not through field) and it was amazing. (field used the low rec balls, tough shells, but atleast they flew straight)
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member

Very True on the colors, panhead4411.

As for sad times on the paint prices... I don't know.

I don't want to pay more for paint either, but $75 is still $5 less than CPX charged me for an uncured case of the exact same paint last may.
And CPX is no Hell Survivors.

As someone who's driven past other 'cheaper' places to play paintball all 26 years I've played there, I DON'T want Hell Survivors to be cheap.
If paying $10 more for paint means I continue to get the safest, 180 acre, 5 big game having, funnest field in the world, I'll grit my teeth and pay $20.

Bless the hearts of the other fields I've been to or heard about, but Hell Survivors blows them all away.

Chrono Tags MANDATORY. Spot Checks Mandatory. Tickets punched for infractions that follow the player and cost the team points at each insert. Referees In Play, having the player in the bunker next door suddenly whistle play dead, then punch the ticket of his bunkermate and send him to the dead zone for wiping, blowing his whistle to restart after. Having paramedics and an ambulance onsite every big game day.
That stuff costs more than other major fields spend because they don't have the quality of refs or the commitment to safety.
I LOVE it.
A pistol player can't succeed if he has to shoot people into submission to get an elimination.
Neither can any honest, sportsmanlike player for that matter!

Those long months in the winter when no money comes in are like having a hurricane hit you every year too...

I've played at the 'fields that don't try to rip you off on price'. They either give you a bad experience or they go out of business fast, quality costs money.

Don't get me wrong, I play outlaw all the time and I don't need all the fancy trimmings to have fun, but everyone who comes to Hellz for the first time sees that it's on another level both in the staff and on the field. The play level is as high as it can get too, IMO because in well-reffed games, the right behaviors are rewarded and the bad behaviors PUNISHED.

That's why when Infamous had an Xball clinic there in 08 on saturday and saw the field and the players, they came back for open play on sunday. Six games in the Village, they won 3, WheeeHOOOO!
I always tell my friends who play pistol, "If you can play pistol even passably at HS, you can go anywhere else and leave your other guns at home."
It's the high wire out there in a gale wind and a single flaw will send you down to the netting and out to the deadzone.
It's all fun and games until Blue's crew, Damage Inc, The Northern Gunmen, a couple members of the Psycho Clown Posse and The Mercs all insert at you at once.

I had an older fella at a Monster Game a few years ago start talking to me about my Nelspot 007, who I suddenly realized was Jim Lively!
Yeah, he owns Nelspot 007 #1, the first paintball gun ever made...
That's HS, a badass around every corner.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 01-11-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:

Rob
I get that it would be the typical color. I'm wondering more about price point. The Evil in the store was the same price as fireball. Formula 40 was in the 40-45 / case range. So are marbs going to the replacement for the low cost paint / be in the 40-45 range? If so, they'll be the cheapest marbs ever....

or.... are they keeping 3 options like they currently have / had last year? (Fireball plus F40 and Evil available only at the store)
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ah I see now, we'll have to wait and see, but I will bet that it'll be less than the $90 that CPX gets for a case of Marbs....

$90! Man, I'm glad I don't live in chicago....
I expect Draxxus paint will not be sold, but who knows!

Another win for HS is that CPX required me to buy a case. At least I can get a single bag and try it in the chrono before play at HS.
Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 01-11-2013 at 04:12 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News