mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
So does that mean they carry a pistol, taser and TPX? I think somebody is gonna grab the wrong weapon one day...

Cool idea though, would be cooler if it was a tracking device.
only our armed units can carry firearms, most forces have only a few firearm officers for citys and towns, tasers are rare items mostly in firearm squads or the odd officer even then i have seen only one officer with a taser where i live and the rest have been in citys that have higher crime rates

so i wouldn't be surprised if these are only issued to riot squads and officers who carry a taser i.e. late night high crime areas or our firearm squads

also our police are very careful about use of force so i can just see this tpx idea being rather intersting if an innocent person is arrested over this or somebody is harmed (guilty or not) by a pellet
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:

Last edited by chadders; 01-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #32 (permalink)

I bet this is just for the news media. In a real riot situation, they'll probably use speedball markers and walk that trigger to mark as many people as possible so they can round them up later.
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

I was waiting for chadders to chime in and clear up some UK SOP.

It is so different in the US. My work used to have a resource police officer in building, carrying both a firearm and a taser. And this is just a small town high school. A few students have been tased...
bellicose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I'm still not getting the DNA tagging concept. Are they going door to door after the riots with test kits? How is this admissible in a UK court? All it proves is that some officer shot the guy. How does that become a criminal charge? "Well, we know you did SOMEthing, so off to gaol for ten years, chap."

RIP
heinous
2006-2014
"No, I'M sorry"
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
all work

I think they should use LSD rather than DNA. It'd be more fun for everyone involved and behavior might indicate who's who.

Seriously though this seems a step down from FN303 projectiles, it has 'bad idea' written all over it. If your shooting perps in public then the most accurate projectile is the one to use, I'm sure the fill is compatible. Imagine a DNA ball hooking into some toddler's eye socket.

Regarding arming police I think it's reasonable for the constabulary to bear whatever arms a citizen is entitled to carry. One would hope a candidate selected for the constabulary would be fit enough and well trained to carry out their duties without a smart-bomb equivalent.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

shoot in bed. frame wife for cheating in court.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
PVT
Was Chro Lost Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamSlayer View Post
It DOESN'T. PERIOD. WORDS.
You really went off the deep end there didn't you? Half of that wasn't at all relevant to my post.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

I know where there is a pink shelled TPX Definitly cast in pink resin.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVT View Post
You really went off the deep end there didn't you? Half of that wasn't at all relevant to my post.
Yeah sorry lol ><. The amount of times that I actually see people say that and just sound like they're jumping on the "Oh no my sport" bandwagon is a pet peeve I guess. But to contribute further for those interested in something similar to this as far as color goes, or loosely similar maybe, I bring you this!
Color kits from ANS gear Tippmann TPX Pistol
SlamSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
PVT
Was Chro Lost Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamSlayer View Post
Yeah sorry lol ><. The amount of times that I actually see people say that and just sound like they're jumping on the "Oh no my sport" bandwagon is a pet peeve I guess. But to contribute further for those interested in something similar to this as far as color goes, or loosely similar maybe, I bring you this!
Color kits from ANS gear Tippmann TPX Pistol
haha, its all good. People can get a bit antsy about things that wont actually harm the sport at all.

Those kits look pretty great for the price. If I can say one good thing about ANS its that they carry alot of color options for different items (they are the only place I know of that has so many freak barrel color options)

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News