mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Canada eh?

Oh yeah, here we go. One bauched batch of 'DNA' marker agent and we got ourselves zombies. woo!
Z3R0S1GN4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0S1GN4L View Post
Oh yeah, here we go. One bauched batch of 'DNA' marker agent and we got ourselves zombies. woo!
Or ninja turtles.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I think they should use LSD rather than DNA. It'd be more fun for everyone involved and behavior might indicate who's who.
"Thanks for tuning into the evening news. Latest report from the Police Department is that there have been a growing number of reported self inflicted 'wounds' from the new LSD tracking markers. Internal affairs is looking into the matter (while jamming to Floyd of course)"

LOL
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Unless the DNA is from a Garmin, I doubt this is meant to be a tracking thing. More like "you were there and we know it because we shot our DNA on you" after they find the person using regular police methods.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
Joint Fury Captain

Send a message via AIM to Joint Fury Balz

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
I thought they just have a club and whistle . . . I'd never be a cop in the UK.
If my department wanted to take my Sig... they could have my shield as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
And what happens the first time they put one into someone's eye? Perp or bystander.
If it blinds the perp, who cares... and there's no such thing as a bystander at a riot. Anyone with half a brain would have left long before the cops got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baader View Post
I always wonder when these things are used, especially pepperball etc., what if you chop a ball?
Take a wild guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
I suspect that the percentage of american police shot with their own guns is higher than the percentage of UK cops shot at all so maybe its not such a bad idea to be unarmed.
You said you've got cops having grenades thrown at them... WTF!? Anyone passive enough to just except that situation should not be in law enforcement, I don't care what country you live in.
30K cops in my dept and in 7yrs I've never heard of a cop being shot with their own weapon. We also have less than 15 gun fights a year in total. That's in a liberal city of 8 million. Cities with less gun restrictions see even less gun violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
It is so different in the US. My work used to have a resource police officer in building, carrying both a firearm and a taser. And this is just a small town high school. A few students have been tased...
"used to?"... budget cuts?
It's funny how if you tell people the school won't have a fire suppression, they'll loose their minds. Tell them there will be an armed guard... they'll loose their minds.
Modern schools are made of brick, steel and glass. Sure there could be a fire, but the chances of a serious fire are almost nonexistent. An armed guard reminds parents that there are monsters in this world that will kill their children... and they'd rather not think about it and just pretend it won't happen to them.

When it comes to these nonlethal fads... nothing beats a can of OC and an ASP. Spray'em, beat'em, cuff'em.

Last edited by Chappy; 02-01-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Joint Fury Balz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #46 (permalink)
Newbie in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Fury Balz View Post
When it comes to these nonlethal fads... nothing beats a can of OC and an ASP. Spray'em, beat'em, cuff'em.
Please allow me to change your mind by sending you some of my less lethal sample's, I might even include a few ( Flex rounds ). send me a IM with address if interested
paintballarmsdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #47 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Originally Posted by Melvin
And what happens the first time they put one into someone's eye? Perp or bystander.

Quote:
If it blinds the perp, who cares... and there's no such thing as a bystander at a riot. Anyone with half a brain would have left long before the cops got there.
Just real quick: NO WHERE in the article of the dna gun did it say it would be used exclusively for riots. The whole riot scenario was put forth by a member here

The whole point of my post in the first place was to express my opinion that, on the whole, this thing is going to be limited to very few (if any) useful situations, and it's already been proven that the police can indeed shoot people they weren't aiming at. I can't imagine their aim is going to get better with a PAINTBALL GUN.

No hating on the cops. Just don't misrepresent my words.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
Joint Fury Captain

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
Just don't misrepresent my words.
I was actually agreeing with you. Special toys for special situations... no one patrols with a beanbag shotgun. I just have no concern for the health and well being of the bad guys. I'm gonna win, no matter what I have to break or put a hole in.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #49 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Tell that to Victoria Snelgrove.

I'd say anyone with compassion cares.

Last edited by Chappy; 02-01-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #50 (permalink)
Joint Fury Captain

Fan of EMR
So was she a friend of yours or just some poor girl you exhumed with a google search to make a point?

Last edited by Chappy; 02-01-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: flaming
Joint Fury Balz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News