mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #51 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
Originally Posted by Melvin
And what happens the first time they put one into someone's eye? Perp or bystander.

Just real quick: NO WHERE in the article of the dna gun did it say it would be used exclusively for riots. The whole riot scenario was put forth by a member here
for the first point I would say that in england it would probably be seen as excessive force
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:

Last edited by chadders; 01-30-2013 at 11:12 AM.
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Fury Balz View Post
So was she a friend of yours or just some poor girl you exhumed with a google search to make a point?
No, she was a bystander at a "riot."
I'm surprised you hadn't heard of her.
Her killing lead to a widespread review of the use and procurement of "less than lethal" launchers.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
They talked about this on my local radio station. Calling it a "Orange Nerf Gun" that "shoots pellets". It made me laugh. I thought, I want to shoot one of the radio hosts with that "Nerf Gun" and see if they still think it's like a Nerf Gun. ha ha.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
No, she was a bystander at a "riot."
I'm surprised you hadn't heard of her.
Her killing lead to a widespread review of the use and procurement of "less than lethal" launchers.
You must remember this guy views Miss Snelgrove as a rioter and thus by his logic she got what she had coming to her.

BTW Two of my very close friends who just happen to be cops (one OPP the other 42 Division) also seem to think they work with some low functioning primate types. Maybe they have cop issues too huh? Don't get me wrong douchebags abound in every line of work and there are some excellent humans working as police, it's jut more of a problem for the citizenry when thugs are given a gun and a badge to go with their hubris.

Last edited by Chappy; 02-01-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 AM   #55 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Fury Balz View Post
If it blinds the perp, who cares... and there's no such thing as a bystander at a riot. Anyone with half a brain would have left long before the cops got there.
Hey there now. Thats not true. Remember the Vancouver Stanley cup riots? More than half the people there were not rioters. It was trouble makers/d-bags mixed in with peaceful folks who were there just for the game. I knew quite a few people who were there and were pretty dam scared when people started to get violent and there wasnt anywhere to escape to. Similar to the g20 summits in Toronto. There were a lot of peaceful demonstrations that were crashed and transformed by troublemakers into "riots".
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #56 (permalink)
Joint Fury Captain

Send a message via AIM to Joint Fury Balz

Fan of EMR
There's nothing trivial about less-lethal weapons. They're just one stop on the "Use of Force Continuum" and yes, once in a blue moon someone dies because of them. Your odds of surviving a taser shot, or some pepper spray are a lot better than with a bullet. So take your pick. Because without them it goes from knuckles to batons and ends with gunfire. Adding a step in there somewhere is the humane thing to do, because doing nothing isn't an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
Hey there now. Thats not true. Remember the Vancouver Stanley cup riots? More than half the people there were not rioters. It was trouble makers/d-bags mixed in with peaceful folks who were there just for the game. I knew quite a few people who were there and were pretty dam scared when people started to get violent and there wasnt anywhere to escape to. Similar to the g20 summits in Toronto. There were a lot of peaceful demonstrations that were crashed and transformed by troublemakers into "riots".
Alright, maybe I was a bit over the top... and riots over hockey just sound silly. That being said, the "riot," no matter how it started, still needs to be addressed. Sadly, good people can, and probably will get hurt. Like I said above, doing nothing isn't an option. Police can't wait on the sidelines until the field is clear of "peaceful demonstrators" while the anarchists tear sh*t up.

Last edited by Chappy; 02-01-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: flaming and politics
Joint Fury Balz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #57 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
If we can't keep the politics and personal attacks out of this thread it will be closed.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #58 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
If we can't keep the politics and personal attacks out of this thread it will be closed.
Agreed. Why cannot we all just stick to condiment jokes?
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News