mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 06-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWZ_KN2ryo

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #42 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
It was found out that a member of the blue team was shooting frozen paintballs at us.
Um... What? Freezing paintballs is a myth. First off, the shell only gets more brittle in colder temperatures and most of the components in fill have a freezing temp lower than your average home freezer can go. I've played in single digit whether and have never encountered a paintball that was frozen solid. Sure, hits hurt more when you're cold, because your skin is more sensitive, but it's not because the balls are frozen. Being that this game happened in June, I'm calling shens. Just because you heard a rumor at the field doesn't mean it actually happened.
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
it was proven. Bags of paint sitting on ice in a cooler were found in a blue team's easy up and the ice was fresh so regardless of the science the paint had been chilled to purposely inflict more pain upon opponents. So frozen was the wrong choice of words but it was a shady action nonetheless. The airsoft gun incident was proven as were the marbles. I stand by my video and my comments. End of the day some seriously shady went on at the end of the day at the game and Viper stepped up and handled it.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel

Quote:

Last edited by Falcon16; 06-27-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #44 (permalink)

putting paint in a cooler on ice makes your paint more brittle. more than likely paint was so bouncy someone was trying to make it break on people. that is the reason why people would put it on ice.
richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I realize that would be the main idea but no the paint was not bouncy whatsoever and it was not swelling either if the paint is not bouncy or swelling there is 0 reason other than to try and make it more brittle (which can in turn cause it to cause more cuts open breaking). End of the day I stand by my comments and my video I'm just telling it like it was. Far as I'm concerned and this same feeling goes for many others on the red team Mike should have forfeited once he learned what people on his team were doing. Chilling paint and when it's found the ice is fresh and the paint had been sold hours before so someone was changing the ice aside he had guys shooting airsoft guns and small marbles at our players and that was proven. Like I said I'm just glad that members of the Blue's Crew stopped a rather gung ho 11 year old from going out when we were trying to push blue back from our base given their unsporting and frankly unsafe play at that point of the day.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel

Quote:
Old 06-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #46 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

causes more cuts, really?LOL bounces hurt more than paint that has been sitting in a cooler.. More than likely the people doing it thought that they could actually freeze paintballs not realizing it just makes them break easier.

Last edited by Rymzor; 06-29-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Rymzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #47 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
end of the day we can sit and argue the in theory part of this until the cows come home. Real life is a hell of a lot different. I will grant you that yes bounces do hurt more than paint that's been chilled below ambient. However with that said from personal experience not just at Carnage but having played major tournaments where the chilling of paint made sense (ie it's 35+ degrees out with humidity and the balls are swelling up to .697+_) When the paint was chilled and I got hit with it during tournament play YES it was more brittle no doubt about that. Secondly from personal experience the only time I was every getting actual bleeding cuts was from paint that had been chilled and was excessively brittle. I'll have to see if I can dig it out but I did do some controlled testing years ago shooting fresh paint out of the bag and paint that was from the same case I had chilled into a mask lens from 40-50 feet out while shooting with a high speed cam and when the footage was analyzed later you can clearly see the chilled paint breaking and distributing small sharp shards of shell off as it impacts. The fresh paint because it is not dealing with a super brittle shell around it dissipates more energy into the target and you do not notice this same reaction.

End of the day as I mentioned I stand by my comments and my video. I'm telling it like it is. I should see if I can contact the members of the Blue's Crew I was running with on the red team that at one point of the day once they figured out what was being shot at us literally said F it we're not going back out until final battle and I'll tell ya having played with Blue's Crew at a number of events it takes A LOT to get them to pack it in and not play. They are literally the guys that will rally a team and do the kick the pole thing to push an enemy team out of their HQ. Due to the poor sportsmanship on Blue team's part though they saw what was going on, we all discussed it, and in the end it was determined to be a safety hazard that we would not be taking part in. Given I had been running with them all day and have a lot of respect for them as players I stood by them and didn't go out for the last 40 minutes or so before final battle.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel

Quote:
Old 06-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #48 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

the CSPPL team that I used to play on kept paint in coolers and we didn't bother hauling coolers into the deadbox so by the time we walked onto the field and the game started it didn't make a difference. We all have personal experience and I am not saying your wrong about the peoples intentions I just find it funny that the first thing you seem to be complaining about is paintballs in a cooler I would think someone shooting marbles and airsoft guns would be the bigger problem.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #49 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
There were a lot of problems at the end of the day at Carnage. Marbles,airsoft guns and chilled paint to name a few. Blantant rule breaking (sneaking outside the tape lines) by the blue team to name another. Regardless of whether or not in theory it can be done I would say the fact they had intent to cause injury is enough for most people to be rightly pissed off

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel

Quote:
Old 06-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #50 (permalink)
Igloo member

Huh, I thought the majority of the day was pretty smooth, there was some bumps in the road

- At first we could not shoot over the tape line so there was confusion at the start especially by the chemical bunker by the north side of the field.
-> then we found out we could shoot over the tapline, so we did.

some of the choppers were kinda odd, when we went out the first time nobody gave us a "chopper pole" (we had the card and the mission, just not the pole) So we were told to turn around and get it, then halfway on our way back one of the guys on our line, his hopper fell off. he stepped 2 feet out to pick up his hopper and was promptly annihilated by Red players standing 5 feet away.
Then the ref came and just eliminated our chopper outright.

As for the "frozen paintballs/marbles/airsoft" thats a single players choice, NOT the teams, the Blue and the Red team members are not reflected by the choices of a few stupid guys. its a shame they did that.

I didnt know people were cutting tapelines, I know we were shooting over them (like i said, especially by that chemical bunker where there was a kink in the fields tapeline, but everyone was shooting over it anyways)

The Red team had some AWESOME players who kept playing all day, From my side. I noticed that once we started pushing hard, it seemed like every time I went back to the pits to grab my stuff, I felt like there was more Red armbands in the pits then the Blue's.
so big props to the guys who never gave up.

Anyways, Good review, Agreed on many points, I think the core players in the game really made it great.
-- sincerely a Blue
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News