mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #141 (permalink)
pew pew pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
So we could get a drop in kit for a spyder? Wolf in sheep's clothing....
I would do it. I've spent money on dumber things, that would be borderline cool.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #142 (permalink)

This is a cool idea but what are the real benefits of it? I can take out the bolt of my dm12 in seconds without it needing a second tube and a unnecessary bolt pinned on it. I've heard people complain about the dm being hard to remove the bolt but I've done it with gloves on without extending the back cap. It seems like this might have even worse efficiency than a regular spool valve, any numbers on shots per 68/45?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #143 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Right now we are working on tweaking the internals a bit, but 1600-1800 on a standard 68/4500 with a not quite full fill is easy, with the possibility of it being higher with a few adjustments
From the second page of this thread.

And they have already said this isn't going to be for everyone. You can continue shooting your dm12
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #144 (permalink)

If those numbers are accurate that's pretty good. I have to get my hands on one of these when they come out, if it shoots as quiet and smooth as conventional spools I might end up buying one.

Last edited by shinjinian; 02-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.
shinjinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #145 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
I must say, it does sound like almost every good thing from both poppits and spools merged into one marker
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #146 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjinian View Post
This is a cool idea but what are the real benefits of it? I can take out the bolt of my dm12 in seconds without it needing a second tube and a unnecessary bolt pinned on it. I've heard people complain about the dm being hard to remove the bolt but I've done it with gloves on without extending the back cap. It seems like this might have even worse efficiency than a regular spool valve, any numbers on shots per 68/45?
Can you do it while gassed up?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Can you do it while gassed up?
You shouldn't take the bolt out of any pressurized marker.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #148 (permalink)
Jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjinian View Post
You shouldn't take the bolt out of any pressurized marker.
idkfa was poking fun at the spool design and the fact you posted about them.

you can remove the bolt out of any stack-tube design without an issue, where a spool you cannot while gassed. this makes it much easier to clean this stacked-tube marker on the field (if need be) and you don't have to de-gas it.

your DM12 would need to be taken off the field, regardless of ease of removal.
Tilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #149 (permalink)

Lol you can do it on the field. All you do is turn off the asa and hit the trigger a few times and 2 twist of the back cap, quick bolt removal in under 20 seconds. Generally not a fan of popits but I do play a lot of outlaw which is why this hybrid is interesting to me. I'll likely get this or a vic with the spool engine to complement my dam when I need efficiency at outlaw games.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #150 (permalink)
Jack of all trades

that ~20 seconds your taking to clean a spool (don't forget you need to turn off your hopper and flip the marker upside-down) in a scenario/woodsball game wouldn't matter. in a speedball game, that's you down for nearly 1/8th of a game. (though in speedball you wouldn't do a field-strip. i never did)

also, don't you mean vic with poppit engine? spool for smoothness, poppit for efficiency.

all of this being beside the point, i prefer shooting what feels right. one day that's my DM3, another its my 2k2 shocker (boy i'm a gas hog, haha), the next, my Excal.

honestly, it really doesn't matter, spool v poppit. each have been proven in their own right, with their advantages and disadvantages. i prefer spool, simply because of its feel when firing... i also have larger tanks to support more than one game before refilling.

assuming this marker isn't absurdly priced (we, the consumers, will find out eventually) i may grab one. i love its design (internally, at least. externally via the shadow shots... well i'm hoping J4 puts more meat on the marker body... easier for PL bodies to be made from stock ones. Russian Legion J4 in the SFT Shocker style, anyone?)
Tilx is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News