mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #231 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post
Ahh the world of paintball. If you call it high end and charge enough, the price is justified.

I'll give credit where credit is due though. If it's that quiet while firing paint at 300fps, that's a definite improvement. Nowhere NEAR justifying the price, maybe justifying the size and poor efficiency but regardless... a definite improvement in the industry.

Also considering the mule has only been around for about a year. Kudos.

I'm curious to see the consistency in normal use. Something tells me the HES is required by design.
As an electro, I am not that impressed (though I will admit electros don't impress me, ever). The potential for a mechanical gun, however, is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
...they named a price?
It was in the $1000-1500 range, if memory serves. Maybe cheaper for the mech?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #232 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post

It was in the $1000-1500 range, if memory serves. Maybe cheaper for the mech?
NEgative! no price was released, well it was said to be "more then a tippman less then a vanquish"

Dont want to throw out numbers until the production proto is done.

-Levi
saber63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #233 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber63 View Post
NEgative! no price was released, well it was said to be "more then a tippman less then a vanquish"

Dont want to throw out numbers until the production proto is done.

-Levi
I just reread the thread, you are correct. Here's hoping for a reasonable price point.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post
I'm curious to see the consistency in normal use. Something tells me the HES is required by design.
The Mech Mule ran really good consistency, as good as you could get with paint in use. no board, no HE sensor. all the real magic is from the spring on the spool.

The HE sensor is not needed for normal use. we could simply lock the dwell at 8ms or 30, or whatever. It's main purpose is to keep the dwell right where it needs to be to take into account larger changes, Stuff like FSDO, or major temp changes between days(or hours) of play. or not enough Lube.

-Levi

p.s. i guess i should note, I was the youngest of the three at the J4 booth at PBE... I'm head of the electronics. But also assisted in getting the mule running 2ish years ago...
Old 03-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #235 (permalink)
engineer minded

Quote:
The Mech Mule ran really good consistency, as good as you could get with paint in use. no board, no HE sensor. all the real magic is from the spring on the spool.
i would love to get my hands on a mech version of this marker
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Some people are penny wise, and dollar foolish.
Vitalsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #236 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:

p.s. i guess i should note, I was the youngest of the three at the J4 booth at PBE... I'm head of the electronics. But also assisted in getting the mule running 2ish years ago...
So, are you the one doing the PCB layout and the microcontroller code? If so, I'm just curious what fab you guys are using/going to use for your boards (someone friendly to small runs) and what microcontroller you picked.
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #237 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Do you think it'd be too much to ask for some brass on this marker? That's one thing every 'speedball' marker I've had is missing and it makes me sad. Especially since this is MCB.
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkafluence View Post
So, are you the one doing the PCB layout and the microcontroller code? If so, I'm just curious what fab you guys are using/going to use for your boards (someone friendly to small runs) and what microcontroller you picked.
Currently its between the pic18, and a pic24. They are pin compatible, so it will depend more on what the final code needs.

As for the fab, that's up in arms still. I have 4-6 that i have used for proto's at work. But that was all .08" bga's and 0201 type stuff. Once the layouts and BOMs all done its getting put out for quote. But they are good for quick turns with low counts.

Sorry no brass stock. But I know ill be making brass eye covers for mine

-Levi
Old 03-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #239 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Currently its between the pic18, and a pic24. They are pin compatible, so it will depend more on what the final code needs.

As for the fab, that's up in arms still. I have 4-6 that i have used for proto's at work. But that was all .08" bga's and 0201 type stuff. Once the layouts and BOMs all done its getting put out for quote. But they are good for quick turns with low counts.

Sorry no brass stock. But I know ill be making brass eye covers for mine

-Levi
0201, that's some pretty small stuff. And, the 80 mil BGAs are definitely down there. I'm stuck with using 0603s and 100 mil BGAs at work because of manufacturing and reliability issues. As for the PIC16 vs. 24, there are some fundamental differences due to the 24 actually being designed as a true 16-bit micro. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

It's cool getting to discuss this kind of stuff with the guys actually designing a new marker!
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #240 (permalink)

As for brass: for years I have wanted to do the gun in full on 'Palmer Tribute' design because it would work perfect in that arrangement. Even the 'vent to fire' version would work. While not right away, eventually we will do one.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News