mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #361 (permalink)
Post Whore

On the flipside though metadyne had a working prototype when they introduced their thumper.... Just my. 02
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #362 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
On the flipside though metadyne had a working prototype when they introduced their thumper.... Just my. 02
Haha true sir!

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #363 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
yeah that was a great comeback there.... zing!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #364 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn22 View Post
I watched the video and was not too impressed. Who introduces a new gun without a working prototype? All I heard was "This is what it's going to have, or this is what it will come with when finished", It looks like a Vangaurd gun to me. It's super tall and looks awkward to me but that's just my opinion but I guess we'll see how well it sells when it comes out.
If you read the thread and watch some of the other videos, they have several working prototypes, that's just not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #365 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
If you read the thread and watch some of the other videos, they have several working prototypes, that's just not one of them.
I was merely commenting on the fact of making a video for a new gun and not having one to show it working. I haven't seen any other videos of this yet but I will take a look.

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #366 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
I was merely commenting on the fact of making a video for a new gun and not having one to show it working. I haven't seen any other videos of this yet but I will take a look.
Several of the other PBE videos had them dry firing it, I find it odd the Hustle video didn't have them doing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #367 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
I watched the video and was not too impressed. Who introduces a new gun without a working prototype? All I heard was "This is what it's going to have, or this is what it will come with when finished", It looks like a Vangaurd gun to me. It's super tall and looks awkward to me but that's just my opinion but I guess we'll see how well it sells when it comes out.
I can see your concern, however Josh has been really up front and very honest about what J4 has released. So far I'm not worried at all to put my money on the line for one of these. Thus far we have seen more into this markers development and prototyping than any other marker in it's class. I think this marker has tremendous potential and I really don't think Josh would let it go to the market without being 100% satisfied with the markers performance, look, and ergonomics.

Worse case scenario the whole paintball industry gets to learn a thing or two from J4 positive or negative.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #368 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwnAXilLgvQ

Here's the PBN video with a dry fire demo... Start at 5:15

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #369 (permalink)

Quote:
Or is Josh that small??
I am that small.

Quote:
I watched the video and was not too impressed. Who introduces a new gun without a working prototype?
That is a fair complaint - before to many people jump to our defense.

We had the internals setup in the prototypes and have several running guns, test guns, and related. But building an good looking external body was not our best skill set.

We hired a designer to whip it into a new body, and well, they dropped the ball. It happens. We already had PBE booked so we took the CAD files back, whipped it into something we could show and went from there. If we had gotten the 'ball' back a week earlier we could have had a running gun there.

This is not how it was planned at all, nor how we expected to launch. This has cost us a lot of money, time, and well, 'Face.'

Unlike some other companies though, we are NOT taking pre-orders, even though people have literally be saying 'Take my money!' - shoot, we are not even releasing the price until we have the gun out for third party review. We want to have the guns vetted, seen, tested and out in the open before we take anybodies money. In addition we are not going to take pre-orders like a normal company, but set up a batch of escrow accounts so we actually do not recieve payment until we ship the product. This protects the customer.

It doesn't make sense to build a gun people don't know much about, and might not like, and dump on the market right away. We want people to know what they are getting.

In that, we already have bought the first batch of long lead items up front, and have fit into the budget some room to expidite the other long lead items to have a quicker turn around, so pre-orders can go out in a couple weeks instead of 6-8.

We won't sell the gun until it is ready. Nor will we take anybodies money. Nor will we hype and build this up to be something it isn't just so we can have a ton of sales at first. We are just fine with starting slowly and making sure we take our time and do it right. This is our first product, we need to do it right, and while we could have put out something substandard already, or taken peoples money, we chose not to.

We will see. So feel free to not rush and order right away. Wait till it is on the market. I think we will hold our own just fine.

We are playing the 'long game' with this, and expect most sales to come from people who have shot it recommending it. So while up front communication is key, we are NOT saying this is "the new coming for paintball!", the "best thingy evar!!1!" or 'shoots Lazars!'

It is a paintball gun in a slightly different layout that is smooth, easy to work on and has some features that make it fairly solid to play with. It will be just what some people want, not some others. We are okay with that.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #370 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
I am that small.

That is a fair complaint - before to many people jump to our defense.

We had the internals setup in the prototypes and have several running guns, test guns, and related. But building an good looking external body was not our best skill set.

We hired a designer to whip it into a new body, and well, they dropped the ball. It happens. We already had PBE booked so we took the CAD files back, whipped it into something we could show and went from there. If we had gotten the 'ball' back a week earlier we could have had a running gun there.

This is not how it was planned at all, nor how we expected to launch. This has cost us a lot of money, time, and well, 'Face.'

Unlike some other companies though, we are NOT taking pre-orders, even though people have literally be saying 'Take my money!' - shoot, we are not even releasing the price until we have the gun out for third party review. We want to have the guns vetted, seen, tested and out in the open before we take anybodies money. In addition we are not going to take pre-orders like a normal company, but set up a batch of escrow accounts so we actually do not recieve payment until we ship the product. This protects the customer.

It doesn't make sense to build a gun people don't know much about, and might not like, and dump on the market right away. We want people to know what they are getting.

In that, we already have bought the first batch of long lead items up front, and have fit into the budget some room to expidite the other long lead items to have a quicker turn around, so pre-orders can go out in a couple weeks instead of 6-8.

We won't sell the gun until it is ready. Nor will we take anybodies money. Nor will we hype and build this up to be something it isn't just so we can have a ton of sales at first. We are just fine with starting slowly and making sure we take our time and do it right. This is our first product, we need to do it right, and while we could have put out something substandard already, or taken peoples money, we chose not to.

We will see. So feel free to not rush and order right away. Wait till it is on the market. I think we will hold our own just fine.

We are playing the 'long game' with this, and expect most sales to come from people who have shot it recommending it. So while up front communication is key, we are NOT saying this is "the new coming for paintball!", the "best thingy evar!!1!" or 'shoots Lazars!'

It is a paintball gun in a slightly different layout that is smooth, easy to work on and has some features that make it fairly solid to play with. It will be just what some people want, not some others. We are okay with that.

this is what paintball needs.

paintball needs people who are smart, want to do whats best for the game, and whats best for business in the long run.

not the quick buck, no support, and gone in 6 months guys....

im rootin for ya, and i cant wait to see this take the world by storm!
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News