mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #371 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
I need another gun like a hole in the head. But that response makes me want to grab one off you guys. Props.

Jaccen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #372 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
I am that small.

That is a fair complaint - before to many people jump to our defense.

We had the internals setup in the prototypes and have several running guns, test guns, and related. But building an good looking external body was not our best skill set.

We hired a designer to whip it into a new body, and well, they dropped the ball. It happens. We already had PBE booked so we took the CAD files back, whipped it into something we could show and went from there. If we had gotten the 'ball' back a week earlier we could have had a running gun there.

This is not how it was planned at all, nor how we expected to launch. This has cost us a lot of money, time, and well, 'Face.'

Unlike some other companies though, we are NOT taking pre-orders, even though people have literally be saying 'Take my money!' - shoot, we are not even releasing the price until we have the gun out for third party review. We want to have the guns vetted, seen, tested and out in the open before we take anybodies money. In addition we are not going to take pre-orders like a normal company, but set up a batch of escrow accounts so we actually do not recieve payment until we ship the product. This protects the customer.

It doesn't make sense to build a gun people don't know much about, and might not like, and dump on the market right away. We want people to know what they are getting.

In that, we already have bought the first batch of long lead items up front, and have fit into the budget some room to expidite the other long lead items to have a quicker turn around, so pre-orders can go out in a couple weeks instead of 6-8.

We won't sell the gun until it is ready. Nor will we take anybodies money. Nor will we hype and build this up to be something it isn't just so we can have a ton of sales at first. We are just fine with starting slowly and making sure we take our time and do it right. This is our first product, we need to do it right, and while we could have put out something substandard already, or taken peoples money, we chose not to.

We will see. So feel free to not rush and order right away. Wait till it is on the market. I think we will hold our own just fine.

We are playing the 'long game' with this, and expect most sales to come from people who have shot it recommending it. So while up front communication is key, we are NOT saying this is "the new coming for paintball!", the "best thingy evar!!1!" or 'shoots Lazars!'

It is a paintball gun in a slightly different layout that is smooth, easy to work on and has some features that make it fairly solid to play with. It will be just what some people want, not some others. We are okay with that.
If you need a body designed let me know!

Glad to see a company who wants to put out a great product instead of something that's L33T
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #373 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
I need another gun like a hole in the head. But that response makes me want to grab one off you guys. Props.
Agreed, on both counts!
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #374 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

*starts search party for Tony*

:P

Realistically speaking, do you have any time frame for the marker's delivery or end of testing? Or is it "we do it as it comes"?
Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #375 (permalink)

Quote:
Realistically speaking, do you have any time frame for the marker's delivery or end of testing?
The machine shop should start cutting parts next week. If they all fit well and everything operates in parameters we will start production right after. I suspect we will have 2-3 tweaks in the CAD and then we start the production runs. Testing at this point shouldn't take long, the internals are 95% the same.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #376 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I would love to rock one at d-day if you guys have them ready by then. I have more money than a phenom and less than a vapor saved up for it.
Wakewarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #377 (permalink)

Wakewarrior - You have been paying attention!

J4 Paintball on Facebook
Old 04-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #378 (permalink)
5 Past Hammer 7ime

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Hey, you guys don't have one at NPPL HB, do you?
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #379 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey, you guys don't have one at NPPL HB, do you?
Maybe....

No.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #380 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Been following this since day 1. Sounds like the perfect gun for me. Very high quality and so easy to work with that even I won't be able to screw it up lol.
Wakewarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News