mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #51 (permalink)

New marker.

I really hope that this isn't a $1000 or + marker. This industry doesn't need another marker in that price range.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocockerfan View Post
I really hope that this isn't a $1000 or + marker. This industry doesn't need another marker in that price range.
I wish people would realize their profit margins are bigger at $500 than $1000+. You are preaching to a small audience at those prices, especially in this economy.
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #53 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundah View Post
I wish people would realize their profit margins are bigger at $500 than $1000+. You are preaching to a small audience at those prices, especially in this economy.
As well, I haven't been convinced that any paintball gun is worth more than the $500-750 mark. What you can get for $500 nowadays is incredible.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
As well, I haven't been convinced that any paintball gun is worth more than the $500-750 mark. What you can get for $500 nowadays is incredible.
It still amazes me that Planet Eclipse will come out with a "New" marker with 2 things altered on it and slap a $1300 price tag on it. I know what you mean, I'm comfortable paying for what I get, nothing more
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #55 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Even if this gun is King of the Pile, It's not for me. As long as they keep putting the AIR thru the grip ASA,I'll never buy it. I'd rather play with a Splat Master.
Glad to see more companies are poping up and good luck with your sales

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Even if this gun is King of the Pile, It's not for me. As long as they keep putting the AIR thru the grip ASA,I'll never buy it. I'd rather play with a Splat Master.
Glad to see more companies are poping up and good luck with your sales

Later,
Blackrain
It's likely that eventually all marker brands will go with the air thru asa, so you might need to get used to it sooner or later. Although I'm with you on not being a fan of them.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 AM   #57 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjinian View Post
It's likely that eventually all marker brands will go with the air thru asa, so you might need to get used to it sooner or later. Although I'm with you on not being a fan of them.
This is a reason I shoot the guns I do ie Auto Cocker.

When we first started, the bottles screwed in the back, under the gun or 12 gram was in the grip. Nelsons could feed air thru the grip using a remote. Then some wise A$$ put an ASA on the bottom of the grip. That was fine I got used to it after talking with Bill Gardner as he explained the reason. Which was true. Took me two days, but it was worth the advice.

Then the greatest invention came out, the drop forward. It was awsome. Then some idiot went back to the Frame ASA and it's the greatest thing next to chocolate. Go figure

I figure if someone wants cash out of me, you better give me options. I don't use fat round stobby HPA bottles, I don't play speed ball. I even still use covers on my bottles to protect them.

There's one thing I do in this sport well, and that is SPEND MONEY on equipment and what some call needless junk. Just ask anyone at Super Game.

Just because PRO player X has it, doesn't mean I need it. Those guys are there to do one thing and that is to make money for the company they work for Which is fine with me, it's an HONEST living

Have a barrel that isn't anodized on the inside? That right there is a bargin. A little boring on the lathe, shotgun swab and NEVRDULL and you just added a few more feet on your shot

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 02-02-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #58 (permalink)
MCB Member

The J4 is a nice design and I hope it sells well It's good to see new companies. I hope more companies continue to pop up.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 02-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundah View Post
that depends entirely on what the fancy features of this gun do. with the axe at roughly $450 and the mini cheaper, what can this gun actually do better at a far enough extent to warrant a higher price? all those high tech mechanisms don't mean squat if it doesn't do anything better than the current big seller.

at least until you factor in the agglets who will pay top dollar for the newest gear, but i'm not so sure they're numerous enough to be a dependable market at this economy.

otherwise they might have to sell it at cheaper than the axe to compete, they can't sell their name like an established brand such as empire.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
that depends entirely on what the fancy features of this gun do. with the axe at roughly $450 and the mini cheaper, what can this gun actually do better at a far enough extent to warrant a higher price? all those high tech mechanisms don't mean squat if it doesn't do anything better than the current big seller.

at least until you factor in the agglets who will pay top dollar for the newest gear, but i'm not so sure they're numerous enough to be a dependable market at this economy.

otherwise they might have to sell it at cheaper than the axe to compete, they can't sell their name like an established brand such as empire.
People will always pay a premium for something with unique features, weather they make the marker better or not. Look at the sar12 for example, it sold a good amount of markers at $1000 a piece and with no electronics and with incredibly simple mechanical internals it cost about $400 to make (it would be cheaper if it was made in larger runs)

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News