mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 08-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #601 (permalink)

do we have a date of when we will at least be getting a price point?

or maybe even when they will be going up for pre-order... its always frustrating when a company starts toting around these big idea markers and its three years later when they start shipping out the door....

also I have been wondering this is the stack tube spool valve concept that a pbjosh and Doc were hush hush about for the longest time is it? also pictures were up in Doc's custom section called the mystery gun?
DeadlySickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #602 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySickness View Post
do we have a date of when we will at least be getting a price point?

or maybe even when they will be going up for pre-order... its always frustrating when a company starts toting around these big idea markers and its three years later when they start shipping out the door....

also I have been wondering this is the stack tube spool valve concept that a pbjosh and Doc were hush hush about for the longest time is it? also pictures were up in Doc's custom section called the mystery gun?
They said sometime later this month on Facebook. Pricing is going out to dealers then to the general public.

I don't believe that they're doing pre-orders, only shipping once they have enough made to do so.

Not sure about the marker on Doc's forum, I'm not that familiar with it.
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #603 (permalink)

The Mystery Gun is another, altogether different gun. It is also unlike anything on the market at the moment, but we will be starting on it after this gets rolling.

Right now we have set up a production plan with production starting on some parts now. The hope is we will be ready at Cup.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #604 (permalink)

Cool, keep moving on!
You have an Email in bound in the Am!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ll-torque.html

Lohman446 -I have absolutely zero interest in "saving" your "sport". Your "sport" has destroyed my game.
cjottawa -Know what would make paintball affordable and get more people involved? SHOOTING LESS.

www.280paintball.com great place to play in K.C. Mo.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Instien'spaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #605 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
The Mystery Gun is another, altogether different gun. It is also unlike anything on the market at the moment, but we will be starting on it after this gets rolling.

Right now we have set up a production plan with production starting on some parts now. The hope is we will be ready at Cup.
Very exciting indeed, thanks for the update! Its been so many years ive stared at that mystery gun and wondered what the heck is going on in there.

I must put away my pennies and ask the wifey if I can pretty pretty please buy another marker for when the torque drops... of course it shouldnt be too hard as she is already drooling over it herself
DeadlySickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #606 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
at cup you say?!

im tryin to get down to cup....

hmmmmmmmm
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #607 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

So this is being developed in the UK???
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #608 (permalink)

Quote:
So this is being developed in the UK???
Hmm... Depends on what you mean by developed, but yes and no??

Prototypes and production will be there, Yes. We are developing it with the ValveFlow team over there, though 90-95% of it is my design, they have so many years of input it really helps dialing in the small bits, and also working with the machine side can dictate simpler pieces and better production practices. I figure between the group we have shaved $300 off of the end cost by reducing part count and simplifying areas.

In addition we have been able to make some super high flow regulators and the gun dwell has gone from 8-9ms down to 3-5ms. This 'Merging of the Minds' really came through with a product we are extremely happy to be able to get out to you. It performs better then it should.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
Old 08-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #609 (permalink)

Quote:
Its been so many years ive stared at that mystery gun and wondered what the heck is going on in there.
The basic is an open or closed bolt self regulating dual action inline spooler. The bolt is on it's own LPR, disconnected from the valve, and can cycle 50cps while being super light, with the spool only needing 4ms to cycle. It is 1" wide.

It is also very efficient - about the same as an Excalibur.

Shoots nice also.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
Old 08-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #610 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
Hmm... Depends on what you mean by developed, but yes and no??

Prototypes and production will be there, Yes. We are developing it with the ValveFlow team over there, though 90-95% of it is my design, they have so many years of input it really helps dialing in the small bits, and also working with the machine side can dictate simpler pieces and better production practices. I figure between the group we have shaved $300 off of the end cost by reducing part count and simplifying areas.

In addition we have been able to make some super high flow regulators and the gun dwell has gone from 8-9ms down to 3-5ms. This 'Merging of the Minds' really came through with a product we are extremely happy to be able to get out to you. It performs better then it should.
Thanks for the answer, was guessing from plug sockets and accents. ^_^
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News