mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #681 (permalink)
Agent of Satan

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelChaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
Is there a TL;DR summary for this new marker, what it does and how it is better, how it compares with existing designs, etc?
Not yet really. Once we have a few more of the reviews in and we've hit a few more events and let the public get their hands on it we'll have a better idea of all of that. As far as what it does, well, that should be obvious

It's a Stacked Tube Spool gun, so you can draw what conclusions you will from that. It's smooth and fairly quiet, like a spooler should be. Unlike the other spoolers it can be cleaned out quickly without degassing by pulling the bolt. Efficiency should fall somewhere between a poppet and spool, we'll know more once we've got some real time on the guns.

And then there's the Hall Effect Sensor that monitors bolt position, that in conjunction with the electronics it self times. That should eliminate FSDO, in addition to the 'first shot hot' issue some spoolers have due to ABS dwell ramp.

If you have any specific questions feel free to post them up or PM them to me or J4. Though J4 may be a bit slower to respond. He's got a bit more on his plate than I do most days.
AngelChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #682 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelChaser View Post
Yes, I will be coming with myself. I even plan on bringing Tony. And it's looking like Sunday is the day we will be there, Saturday is taken by other commitments.
LOL, I thought this was Tony.... I'm going to be leaving on Sunday, at about 10, but will hopefully see you before then. Come Saturday night and camp with us, if time allows. Much hilarity will ensue!

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #683 (permalink)

posted by josh on facebook

THE Update:

Been a crazy couple weeks in the UK. Went to Staargate (Go if you can, the pyrotechnics alone are worth it) and let people play with the gun. Went to suppliers for some machines, the boards, and worked on the J4 Euro setup (in the UK building and testing for local to Europe teching and support.) Cut a gun in half.

Also we tested the guns. Air, shoot, repeat. Take apart, try new springs, try a few different parts, mill a hole, grind down, add lube, CAD till blind. Eat a curry, have a beer, sleep, repeat. Had custom springs made, had a new pin designed. Played with o-rings. Went over every square inch of the gun and moved, adjusted, tuned.

All the fiddling and testing plus some profanity, in that we also tested the parameters of the gun, the theory, the taking apart and building it again and again to see what might be a problem, or the best way to do somethings. Got other parts we ordered in. Tested them.

Exhausted.

The good news is we finalized almost all of the design.

We know just where we need stretch it and how far we can. We had the gun at 40cps. We had it stopping on a finger, then down to a dollar bill, like an Automag LVL10. We had it running as smooth as a comparison Demon.

All drop in parts. All user serviceable and easy to do. Move an o-ring, change a spring, try a different pin/piston. 30 seconds tops.

I couldn't be happier with the performance of our first gun, and how much we are going to be able to allow you the user to adjust it to fit how you want to play with just a few easy to replace parts.

Here is the big news:

Almost all of our parts are quoted and ordered. We should have the rest of that this week. We will know the total cost for us then, and can finalize the price and expected delivery date.

On October 7th, we will release the price to dealers and stores that have signed up.

On October 8th we will open pre-orders.

This is the news we have wanted to give you guys for quite a while, and we are really glad to be able to.

Because of supply times, we are stating 8 week delivery, though it should be less. We will let you know as we go along.

Thank you for hanging in there. Thank you for the encouragement.

We will get back to getting you guys guns now.
Wico90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #684 (permalink)

Sorry guys, been busy! Very, very very busy.

Just wanted to clarify a bit - this gun as covered is going to not be an easy drop in pump, but it can have an easy drop in mech adaption.

We are thinking a simpler version that would be a bespoke pump, and wouldn't be semi auto. It could, as the design is laid out, be a mech semi-auto also. Or pneumatic assist - though it would be more like a pneumatic driven version. Then electric as an add on from there.

It could be one gun that can be all of those, but that will require some design work on our part.

On all of the pump versions as designed the bolt action, closed or open, is driving by the pump activating the piston (the spool.) Internally, from the front. There would be no exterior pump arm, because they are not needed, all the action is driven from pushing the piston back with the pump. The parts would not be interchangeable with the current Torque though, but they should be interchangeable with a simple mech version we want to release in the future. These would have a different operation that allows for the bolt to stop on paint, allowing for a sear released gun that would make for a great option at a lower price point.

Any questions?

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #685 (permalink)
7paintball & Airsoft

Brass N Wood Fan
Thanks for clearing that up Josh.

Is it October 7/8 yet?
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #686 (permalink)

Ill just modify the ego pump prototype to work once I get my hands on a torque haha
Wico90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #687 (permalink)
Igloo member

Well when you start making the big cash, and the pre orders explode, and you end up selling them as fast as you can make them.

Just remember that When you announce the pump.
The lines will get bigger
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #688 (permalink)
7paintball & Airsoft

Brass N Wood Fan
5 days until the fun starts!
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #689 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelChaser View Post
Not yet really. Once we have a few more of the reviews in and we've hit a few more events and let the public get their hands on it we'll have a better idea of all of that. As far as what it does, well, that should be obvious

It's a Stacked Tube Spool gun, so you can draw what conclusions you will from that. It's smooth and fairly quiet, like a spooler should be. Unlike the other spoolers it can be cleaned out quickly without degassing by pulling the bolt. Efficiency should fall somewhere between a poppet and spool, we'll know more once we've got some real time on the guns.

And then there's the Hall Effect Sensor that monitors bolt position, that in conjunction with the electronics it self times. That should eliminate FSDO, in addition to the 'first shot hot' issue some spoolers have due to ABS dwell ramp.

If you have any specific questions feel free to post them up or PM them to me or J4. Though J4 may be a bit slower to respond. He's got a bit more on his plate than I do most days.
That description worked for me. Thanks!
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #690 (permalink)

Hmm....

Drivetrain v0.9.

So, what additions are in V0.9? The two big ones - an steel impact area for the spring, to cover any long term wear on the piston, and the new stepped arrangement to half the forward pressure on the start of the cycle, so the bolt will stop on paint, and then speed up after partial travel. This gives you a good combo of speed and soft impact on the paint. Did you just want speed? Take off the stepped o-ring and the gun is maxed out. Want efficiency over smoothness? Put in a heavier spring and move the pin tip o-ring to the back, and you have the more reactive valving. Just a couple o-rings and a spring change and you can dial in the feel you want

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News