mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #81 (permalink)

Yeah, I love the mech one. It feels so good to shoot, because the action right now is like a cocker, you hold down the trigger the bolt stays forward. Well, it shoots forward then pulls back about .2", trapping air in the dump chamber. Part of the design so it won't have any velocity issues and to save some wasted air.

I most likely will put a pulse valve on there, but I kinda like it how it is. I plan to play with it in some games in the future, the test 'mule' just because it is retro looking and fun.

Still a ways out though, I wouldn't hold my breath.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #82 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Is it possible to switch out the frame to switch between mech and electro?
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it possible to switch out the frame to switch between mech and electro?
Most likely not.

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Something New?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #85 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Big Daddy T

Hey there, Tony here. I'm a part of J4 (I know, right). I just wanted to relate my experience with the Mule.

I had it down in my basement and was shooting it with a JJ stainless barrel one day. It took me a couple of shots to realize that it just wasn't as loud as I was expecting.

Considering it was a stainless barrel and I was in a basement, it should have been fairly loud. But it wasn't anywhere near as loud as I was expecting.

It was actually very quiet, as smooth and quiet as anything that I've shot. Out on the field, even better. It will go toe-to-toe with a Matrix in terms of decibels produced, or lack there of.

And that's all I have to add at this point.

All my sales are Guarantizzle!

My Gallery (see a part you like, PM, let's talk deal):
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er/700/cat/500

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4636
Big Daddy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #86 (permalink)

i am interested in this gun and to see what it can do
nacho8405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #87 (permalink)
Rec Poster

stacked tube spool

Shut up and take my money!

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
It's a spool with a removable bolt. Pretty neat feature.
Bingo. That is cool.

Stacked tube spool, technically nothing new.

Spool you can easily run a pull through squeegee through, mid game, new and cool.
Sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #89 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlarson11 View Post
I kind of wonder why nobody thought of this before, seems like a great idea.
Because spools have been getting simpler, designs have come a long way since the days of a hundred o-rings and very long bolts not to mention noids have been getting smaller, a standard spool (take a DM for instance) is essentially a stacked tube already but the lower tube is just for the LPR and solenoid. if you start with a design like that then you would need a 3rd tube for the marker

but this is pretty smart, chuck the noid into the frame since it is small enough and use that lower tube for the pneumatics. I am assuming this is unbalanced since I have heard nothing of an LPR though, not that it could not be balanced but that is not the norm if you do not have a LPR anyone know different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling500 View Post
It's nothing new, the shoebox shockers were stacked tube spools. .
comparing this to the shoebox is like comparing an 1800s steam locomotive to a modern F1 racer

shoebox was closed bolt with 2 noids with one controling the bolt and one the valve system. and while it is true that it was a spool it was just barely a spool, that o-ring seal moves about the same distance that a poppet valve does, just replace it with a face seal and you have a poppet. not to mention the parts on that thing were enormous, it got an astonishing 500 very efficient shots off of a 68/45 and the only reason it was smooth is because it weighs the same as a full size truck

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #90 (permalink)
Jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
comparing this to the shoebox is like comparing an 1800s steam locomotive to a modern F1 racer

shoebox was closed bolt with 2 noids with one controling the bolt and one the valve system. and while it is true that it was a spool it was just barely a spool, that o-ring seal moves about the same distance that a poppet valve does, just replace it with a face seal and you have a poppet. not to mention the parts on that thing were enormous, it got an astonishing 500 very efficient shots off of a 68/45 and the only reason it was smooth is because it weighs the same as a full size truck
and i like how my 18-wheeler shoots! (though i get about 850 off my 71/45, turbo sport with delrin bolt and "The Evil Part")

in all seriousness, seeing a comparison made me think again about the old brick, and a redesign for it (apply my first pic, much easier to deal with in the shoebox, i think. you'd still have to rebuild the back end, though)

back on topic, i'll just sit here in anticipation for the price to be announced.
Tilx is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News