mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

oh. I read your post wrong. I thought you were saying the J4 is neither a poppet or spool. I should go to bed.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
No worries, I had to reread it a few times myself just to make sure I wasn't being daft.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
This is great news because I just received my first V1 Victory two days ago. If the reviews are positive I might try one if I can get one for $160 or less. The SC engine costs $160 new and I'll bet this one will be at least that much, probably closer to $200. I also wonder if this will increase or decrease the value of my V1.
Any new marker in the same line will drop the value of the older ones, sorry.

And I do think this appeals to the same market as the J4 gun. They are both expensive, tournament grade, spoolies (albeit that one can change to poppit).
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

I think it's going to increase the value of them, because people are going to want a victory, but are not willing to pay the full price of a brand new one. It's certainly going to increase the demand for them.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

cost on the spool engine is 169.99 and by my understanding thats for any standard solid color. Zach didnt exactly specify yesterday when I asked him :P
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #46 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Any new marker in the same line will drop the value of the older ones, sorry.

And I do think this appeals to the same market as the J4 gun. They are both expensive, tournament grade, spoolies (albeit that one can change to poppit).
I was thinking the same thing until I saw more than several people on PbN saying they wanted to pick up a V1 Vic just to try the spool engine out. Maybe I should sell it now while the bubble is still growing.
minimag03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #47 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
I was thinking the same thing until I saw more than several people on PbN saying they wanted to pick up a V1 Vic just to try the spool engine out. Maybe I should sell it now while the bubble is still growing.
I would if I had one. Take the funds and go buy a supercharged Marq and PM8/Quest (ie. some of the better bang-for-buck inline poppets and spoolies, IMO). When one goes down, grab the other. I just can't see myself switching "engines" between play. I had rather than 2 markers at my disposal than one trying to do both.

But, then again, I'm a bit of a gun whore

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #48 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I could see a leak springing in one and having to quickly switch to the other instead of breaking the leaking one down and fixing it.

Here is Bob Long video. He is funny even when he is trying to be serious. Watch the whole thing.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #49 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
I like multi-taskers... That's why I like mags. I'm constantly plagued with questions: so, do I want to play mech, pneu, electro, or should I just flip between mech and electro midgame?

I am actually considering this... or at least a V1 and then buy the other engine.

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondo View Post
I like multi-taskers... That's why I like mags. I'm constantly plagued with questions: so, do I want to play mech, pneu, electro, or should I just flip between mech and electro midgame?

I am actually considering this... or at least a V1 and then buy the other engine.
If you go after a V1, try to find a later model. Later model Victorys came with the G6R style grips and are way more comfy than the old grips. They also came with a .685 barrel instead of a .693. And 90% of all Victorys came with the SC engine, don't let someone try to charge ya more just because it is "SC'd".

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News