mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #81 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I'm actually really impressed that they got 1400 shots out of the spool engine. I had convinced myself to not get it since it was only suppose to get 1100 shots, but 1400 puts it up there with Dms and Geos. Hopefully it will be as smooth as a DM too. I just hope the engine really like get the 1400 shots and this isn't another G6R voodoo video.

Also, Blast has not been using Dow55 with the spool engine. They have been using Superlube instead, the same thing ICD owners have been putting on their rams for years. Only the spool is used with it though, the reg of the gun still uses Dow55. I think this is the first product from Bob Long that's designed not to rely on swelling oring. I really hope he continues to go this route.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #82 (permalink)
Dark ninja

Vcom Shot Count - YouTube
the new v com victory check it out hot!
Vcom = Victory Change Over Motor - YouTube
paintballman58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 AM   #83 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I feel bad for whatever engine folks decide is not useful.

Cheaper to buy a closer + a vice and not have to change parts ; )
Old 02-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #84 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post

To be fair, I think that the people who aren't interested in the spool engine won't be buying this. And frankly, there are enough spool choices out there that are competitive with this that if they don't want a poppet engine, they can go with something else.

For $1200, a marker with two different drive systems seems to be a pretty fair price by "high-end" standards. The Geo3 is $1300 and it can only ever be a spool. The DM is about $1200 new and it can only ever be a spool. The Ego will only ever be a poppet and it's $1200 as well.

Though to an extent I see your point- it would be nice to be able to pick just one "engine" when ordering and knock $150-160 off the total price of the gun, for those that know which engine they're going to stick with right off the bat.

My only concern is that it seems that people on the right coast seem to have issues getting parts and service from BLAST in a timely fashion. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be highly considering the V-COM.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #85 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
My only concern is that it seems that people on the right coast seem to have issues getting parts and service from BLAST in a timely fashion. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be highly considering the V-COM.
That hasn't been my experience while owning a G6R and now a Victory. Blast never answers their emails though, you have to call them. There are also a few other places to buy parts or get your gun serviced like Left Coast Paintball to Tim from PbN. I have never had to send my gun to any of them though. I've only ordered parts and they got to me just as fast as any other place.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #86 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post

Those are both poppit markers. Closer is an in-line poppit, not a spool. Now, if you buy a closer/vice and then also a '08 DM or other spool, you are set.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #87 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Blast never answers their emails though, you have to call them.
I'll attest to that statement. They don't respond on Facebook either. But, if you call them on the phone, their customer service is great!
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #88 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

zach@boblongdirect.com

Thats fastest email response. Im going to try and setup something for the east coast this year. If it doesnt work out ill try again next year. Ive been in talks with them about trying to offer repair services so people dont have to ship so far, and also to help them stay focused on production and not get behind bc of repairs. Only real downside to this other then my real job, is that Ill need to buy a compressor so I can test markers.

also pistolrogue if your interested in one, lmk
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #89 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Dam saving up for a marker is annoying. I might have read over it in the thread, but does anyone know if these things will be match annoed to the marker you buy? One of my friends is buying just the engine and said they only have it in dust black.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #90 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

to have it matched will cost extra. Unless buying with a marker. Im not sure on exact price.. but id estimate roughly 260 bucks if you wanted a custom ano'd spool with a backcap.
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News