mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Canuck MCB Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ThisIsPaintball.ca

Obviously it is a high end marker no company would do this much hype over a low end product just would not be worth the return investment.

At World Cup I saw the taped version up close and shot it over a chrono in the Divisional pit area. Travis Lemanski was using this during some of Infamous Pro games (yet again pro team testing does not happen on low end products) a Empire tech on TopGun T1 also was using it as well as Paul (of Jacksonville Warriors for those who can remember that long ago) who also works for Kee used it in the Master Division.

All of the tech's were very tight lipped about it due to the disclosure contracts that they have which could cost them their employment so in one week's time everyone will see the actual marker but as usual one week in paintball players eye is like 10 years. I was going to throw a GoPro onto the marker for it being used in the lower divisional games but that tech did not even get out onto the field since it was just Race-2.

Also will note that the Axe sales have not really declined so I assume it will be priced slightly higher as to not ruin that products sales run. Might be a smart route to price it slightly under the other high end of Ego's, Geo's and DM's to draw interest away from their sales.
ThisIsPaintball.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Amateur Pump Player!!!

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Another $1500 Spyder

Later,
Blackrain
hahaha funny troll

Taters Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun

CCM Fan
Hoseless nerve!

But really hopefully it will better ergonomically than then axe

That frame angle was not comfortable to me and it would nice to b able to put my pinky in the frame and not on the Asa

Last edited by someasianballer; 02-20-2013 at 06:27 PM.
someasianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
gnar

CCM Fan
Empire is re-releasing the impulse in some form or another, empire bought all the 09 impulses from my local shop for 900 each a few months ago.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsPaintball.ca View Post
Obviously it is a high end marker no company would do this much hype over a low end product just would not be worth the return investment.

At World Cup I saw the taped version up close and shot it over a chrono in the Divisional pit area. Travis Lemanski was using this during some of Infamous Pro games (yet again pro team testing does not happen on low end products) a Empire tech on TopGun T1 also was using it as well as Paul (of Jacksonville Warriors for those who can remember that long ago) who also works for Kee used it in the Master Division.

All of the tech's were very tight lipped about it due to the disclosure contracts that they have which could cost them their employment so in one week's time everyone will see the actual marker but as usual one week in paintball players eye is like 10 years. I was going to throw a GoPro onto the marker for it being used in the lower divisional games but that tech did not even get out onto the field since it was just Race-2.

Also will note that the Axe sales have not really declined so I assume it will be priced slightly higher as to not ruin that products sales run. Might be a smart route to price it slightly under the other high end of Ego's, Geo's and DM's to draw interest away from their sales.
Sooo......How did it shoot? Was it more like a spool or poppit? How was the trigger? Any other details you could get through the tape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer0303 View Post
Empire is re-releasing the impulse in some form or another, empire bought all the 09 impulses from my local shop for 900 each a few months ago.
For real? I hope they don't use the same valve out of the Impulse. Besides that I have heard they are very nice guns. This gun could very well be the new Impulse and everyone is just assuming it's a spool.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
gnar

CCM Fan
Yeah, empire called them up one day and bought guns that had been sitting on the shelf for over 3 years at their original price just to destroy/re-use the old stock.

I do think its going to be a spool, too short for two tubes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
gnar

CCM Fan
Yeah, empire called them up one day and bought guns that had been sitting on the shelf for over 3 years at their original price just to destroy/re-use the old stock.

I do think its going to be a spool, too short for two tubes
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsPaintball.ca View Post
Travis Lemanski was using this during some of Infamous Pro games (yet again pro team testing does not happen on low end products) a Empire tech on TopGun T1 also was using it as well as Paul (of Jacksonville Warriors for those who can remember that long ago) who also works for Kee used it in the Master Division.
You left off that Simon was using one to win in the UWL at World Cup as well.

new gearbag sale - updated
Robinsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Canuck MCB Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ThisIsPaintball.ca

True Simon also probably did have one in UWL but I didn't spend to much time following UWL as I was kept rather busy with playing and being staff for teams.

The marker shot well, was light weight, I think which most people mentioned once that image of it came out that the trigger was probably not going to be the final one being released with the end product but yet again who knows with industry decisions these days.

Last edited by ThisIsPaintball.ca; 02-25-2013 at 08:09 PM.
ThisIsPaintball.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
An Empire dealer on PbN said they will be over $1000. He's currently taking preorders for $100. The price is kind of upsetting but it does make sense that Empire doesn't want it to be competition for the Axe. And honestly, it was hard enough convincing some people that the Axe was a tournament grade marker because the price. I'm sure its just easier to release an expensive gun and convince people to spend the money on it.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News