mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
An Empire dealer on PbN said they will be over $1000. He's currently taking preorders for $100. The price is kind of upsetting but it does make sense that Empire doesn't want it to be competition for the Axe. And honestly, it was hard enough convincing some people that the Axe was a tournament grade marker because the price. I'm sure its just easier to release an expensive gun and convince people to spend the money on it.
Which brings up a point that works in the automoive industry. Flagship models tend to set the standard of a company as a whole, and will increase sales across the board when people are convinced of the level a company is willing to obtain.

I don't doubt for a second that the Axe is a high level marker; but can we see this new gun increasing the Axe's sales to those naysayers that believed otherwise?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #32 (permalink)

Just wanted to mention that I watched a bunch of UWL and saw Simon's taped taped over marker. It wasn't the marker in that leaked photo. It was a single tube marker that's already been around for a while, I could easily tell which one. I was standing right next to him at the chrono. I don't feel like saying which marker... he took notice of me trying to photo him holding it and didn't want me to get the shot.

The dude helped AGD with R&D... sorry to be vague but I respect the guy so I told him I wouldn't shoot him.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #33 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
Just wanted to mention that I watched a bunch of UWL and saw Simon's taped taped over marker. It wasn't the marker in that leaked photo. It was a single tube marker that's already been around for a while, I could easily tell which one. I was standing right next to him at the chrono. I don't feel like saying which marker... he took notice of me trying to photo him holding it and didn't want me to get the shot.

The dude helped AGD with R&D... sorry to be vague but I respect the guy so I told him I wouldn't shoot him.
So he was shooting an automag at UWL? I can understand why he taped it up and wouldn't let you take a picture of him using it since it wasn't made by Kee. Or are you saying he was shooting a prototype of a different marker other than the Vanquish? Because the marker coming out is supposedly a single tube gun.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

It was an electro spoolie that's been around for a while.

Lol, no it wasn't a mag... he was just trying to conceal the non Kee marker he was running.

I think I saw Dave Baynes shooting a DyeCam mech cocker for UWL. He had it riipping.

That leak photo has to be their new gun. Those distinct lines are the same as the logo on Empire's site.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
It was an electro spoolie that's been around for a while.

Lol, no it wasn't a mag... he was just trying to conceal the non Kee marker he was running.

I think I saw Dave Baynes shooting a DyeCam mech cocker for UWL. He had it riipping.

That leak photo has to be their new gun. Those distinct lines are the same as the logo on Empire's site.
Even if it was a non empire marker, the Vanquish is still confirmed and is supposedly released in 3 days
imazebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM

I guess my tape job was very good. The gun I used for the whole of the UWL and won with is the gun this thread is about.

Several people did managed to get video and photos of it. I wasn't hiding it that well but I didn't want to make it too easy for anyone either as we were under strict instructions not to let people take pictures.

In fact we had one win Div 1 also in Jamie's hands too.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
Canuck MCB Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ThisIsPaintball.ca

So much for your internet break Simon. Haaa

@minimag03 I wasn't over watching UWL so I certainly cannot comment on what was used other folks said was was being used and I assumed it would be the same product but obviously we don't have to assume with the response above.

Also here is a photo of Jamie using it with Top Gun T1

Last edited by ThisIsPaintball.ca; 02-25-2013 at 10:20 PM.
ThisIsPaintball.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #38 (permalink)

I heard it shoots paintballs and costs a few hundred.
NotBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #39 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Just got done playing with this. Some really nice ideas in there available June 1 $1495
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Fan of EMR
Just saw the unveiling clip on YouTube, not too much info there, just looks like another spooler but I do like the fact that the LED screen is in the back of the foregrip. Even if the only useful information it displayed was a game timer it would be an improvement over having it the back of the grip.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News