mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #131 (permalink)

Tons of new guns coming out...looking good though.

Paintball Barrels
PaintballUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #132 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

My 1st thought, upon seeing price, was "really? wow"

Can't see how they justify 1000 dollars plus for a jt branded gun. Piss poor marketing has firmly entrenched jt as a manufacturer of plastic junk in the minds of too many.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #133 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

are these available yet? is anyone buying them?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #134 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Os View Post
My 1st thought, upon seeing price, was "really? wow"

Can't see how they justify 1000 dollars plus for a jt branded gun. Piss poor marketing has firmly entrenched jt as a manufacturer of plastic junk in the minds of too many.
I understand where you're coming from. JT currently has that "brass eagle" reputation. The key difference though is the fact that the JT brand is one of the few left in paintball with heritage comparable to Dye, Bob Long, RPS, etc. The company(KEE) is now made up of paintball players like myself with a mission to bring it back to its former glory.

The first step was with the FX line which has proven to be a winner and we believe the JT Impulse will further push the brand in the right direction. The marker shoots great, is insanely consistent and efficient(I've been using it for quite a few months). Partnering up with GOG gives the Impulse credibility allowing for a brand like JT to jump into high-end market.

Right now we're looking at a mid to late June launch date.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #135 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post
I understand where you're coming from. JT currently has that "brass eagle" reputation. The key difference though is the fact that the JT brand is one of the few left in paintball with heritage comparable to Dye, Bob Long, RPS, etc. The company(KEE) is now made up of paintball players like myself with a mission to bring it back to its former glory.

The first step was with the FX line which has proven to be a winner and we believe the JT Impulse will further push the brand in the right direction. The marker shoots great, is insanely consistent and efficient(I've been using it for quite a few months). Partnering up with GOG gives the Impulse credibility allowing for a brand like JT to jump into high-end market.

Right now we're looking at a mid to late June launch date.
I wish y'all would embrace magfed/limited ammo with the same enthusiasm.
I do however appreciate your effort to bring jt back to what once made it great.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #136 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
It's great to see the JT brand being used for a high end marker, even better it's a marker with the history of the impulse. I've thought the quality of JT soft goods has been awesome under KEE, I expect nothing less of their markers.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #137 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
I think that's the whole point.

JT is an iconic brand... in fact one of the last ones. When all the other OG companies folded (with exception of a very few remaining ones) they have weathered the storm as a brand. Now they're going to try to change the minds, and become a manufacturer who covers every angle.

With the SPLAT MASTER stuff becoming very large to the younger player making JT a brand that has low/medium/high end gear is a smart move because young players who are initially introduced via that SM line will associate the JT name with that entry fondly, and it creates brand loyalty.

Long story short... Junior is doing a great job w/ the JT line, and I think this is a positive step into bringing back a name SO many of us (even when I started playing in the early 90's) remember fondly.

R7 USA: Media and Social Support / Head Admin PBAZ.COM
GregRedHastings.com
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #138 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I think that's the whole point.

JT is an iconic brand... in fact one of the last ones. When all the other OG companies folded (with exception of a very few remaining ones) they have weathered the storm as a brand. Now they're going to try to change the minds, and become a manufacturer who covers every angle.

With the SPLAT MASTER stuff becoming very large to the younger player making JT a brand that has low/medium/high end gear is a smart move because young players who are initially introduced via that SM line will associate the JT name with that entry fondly, and it creates brand loyalty.

Long story short... Junior is doing a great job w/ the JT line, and I think this is a positive step into bringing back a name SO many of us (even when I started playing in the early 90's) remember fondly.

What exactly do you remember fondly? I remember good pants, and cheap plastic markers.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #139 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

I remember the packs they made. Now they rename a Jan Sports back bpack and call it a paintball pack

If Kee would bring back the JT back packs and "NOT CHANGE THE DESIGN" they would have me as a life time customer. For someone like me who flys all around the world and USA, these are great packs to grab and go.

I just picked up one Yesterday for $15.00

I miss whipper snappers too.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 07-16-2013 at 11:36 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #140 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
What exactly do you remember fondly? I remember good pants, and cheap plastic markers.
Re-Read what I posted. I said it's smart to create all tiers of products because players who are introduced to the game now via their Splat Master campaigns are going to associate JT with their entry to the sport, and it will be a fond memory/product association. So it's smart for them to create a High End tier now.

Especially since their JT FX 2.0 line is well received on the gear side.

R7 USA: Media and Social Support / Head Admin PBAZ.COM
GregRedHastings.com
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News