mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I know the feeling Tlane.... Ever since we got re-sponsored by GOG (had been sponsored by SP before the banking shennanigans) I'd been quietly hoping that GOG or DLX would bring back the Impulse, not knowing that it was included in the IP that had been sold to KEE. Now I'm in a conundrum because I'm am really not a KEE fan but am very interested in this gun.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I'm surprised you a lot of you guys are doubting this when Simon was at Kee when this was designed. I have full confidence that this marker will be top of the line.

And this is not a joke. There has been a rumor that Kee would be doing this for awhile.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
I'm surprised you a lot of you guys are doubting this when Simon was at Kee when this was designed. I have full confidence that this marker will be top of the line.
I think it's funnier that they doubt because of the JT brand... It's not like this is a chinese A5 clone like previous JT guns, it's got the full backing of Empire/KEE behind it.
FEEDBACK
Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
JT's absorbed under Empire. I assume it will be getting made in the same factories making the Vanquish, so what "brand" it got put under probably won't mean anything. Interesting that they went back to macro though...
Oh ok. Learned something new today. Thanks for that.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I'm doubting it only because of the amateur job on the "sneak peak". I understand that they are deliberately trying to hide details, but it looks like someone took a Smart Parts Impulse stock photo and messed with it in MSPaint. The JT logo on the barrel looks incredibly amateurish, and the geometry of the macro hose looks completely off (very sharp angle coming out of the fitting). It just doesn't look quite right.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Do you not remember how rediculous the ads were for the Axe when it came out?? They had comments about how you could "cut down the competition with your Axe". Kee just like to do that with their markers, I'm sure it works too.

I have a feeling this is going to be a lot like the 09 Impulse. Someone in the Vanquish thread that Kee bought all a bunch of NOS 09 Impulses from his local paintball field awhile back. Hopefully they completely replace the valve.

I hope they keep this gun cheap-er. I've read that the Vanquish is going to be $1100+ and would like to pick up a new marker supported by Kee. Hopefully the fact that it uses macroline and is being released under the JT brand means they kept it budget minded.

Last edited by minimag03; 02-24-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
wookie in a mask

Send a message via Yahoo to p8ntballr68059

Palmers Fan
yay another damn ego copy.. i woudn't be surprised if it went along with the etek line. you know that entry level tourney marker. i am surprised to see the macroline. we could really use a macroless stacked tube poppet. i do hope it isn't like jts other guns the protium was garbage as was any of the accellorators

p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
just keep this in mind that Kee action sports did buy the Smart Parts Intellectual Property and buy looking at the picture it does look a lot like the SP Impulse. we will find out this week at PBE whats going on

Feedback..
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Proud member of the GUNMEN WRECKING CREW
visualreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
If Kee was buying NOS 09 Impulses then I would guess they use some of the same parts. I cannot think of another reason Kee would be buying old guns. So the quality/performance of this gun is probably at least equal to the 09 Impulse.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr68059 View Post
yay another damn ego copy.. i woudn't be surprised if it went along with the etek line. you know that entry level tourney marker. i am surprised to see the macroline. we could really use a macroless stacked tube poppet. i do hope it isn't like jts other guns the protium was garbage as was any of the accellorators
Ummm... The original Impulse was around before the Ego... And the Ego itself could be called a copy of an Intimidator... So calling this a copy of an Ego makes me
FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News