mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #91 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Jack

I think it needs more brass. Then MCB would love it no matter what.
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #92 (permalink)
Jam

I really hope they turn this design around and fix it, or at least improve a LOT on the next one. PE is supposed to be about all aluminum, sexy streamlined milling. That's one of the reasons I chose them over Dye (covering stuff up with rubber parts)

It's ugly and looks cheap. I'd take an Etek4 over this design.

Keep the good old macro, it's never caused any problems and its cheap to fix small leaks. Or if you're going to get rid of the macro, KEEP IT ALL INSIDE! Like the luxe, g6r, victory, etc.
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #93 (permalink)
XKE
Rec Poster

I feel like the lv1 would be better received here if this was the first image released.

My first reaction to the marker was tainted because I figured that the marker was another run of the mill ego with minimal updates, but with a silly rubber grip and the AT tube. There isnt much getting around the new rubberized bits being ugly, and consumers would have rather seen a full fledged macroless design rather than the AT tube. However, after seeing this cutaway, I became extremely interested in owning or at least trying out one of these markers.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30mlijt&s=7
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #94 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Did a cheap Zap or Sheridan blowback use that design in a poppit valve? Not saying Eclipse is cheap, just that it's not an original idea.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #95 (permalink)
MVP its not brain science

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE View Post
I feel like the lv1 would be better received here if this was the first image released.

My first reaction to the marker was tainted because I figured that the marker was another run of the mill ego with minimal updates, but with a silly rubber grip and the AT tube. There isnt much getting around the new rubberized bits being ugly, and consumers would have rather seen a full fledged macroless design rather than the AT tube. However, after seeing this cutaway, I became extremely interested in owning or at least trying out one of these markers.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30mlijt&s=7
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
This. And Jack Thank You for taking the time to post here. Soooo when are you going to come out with the Planet Eclipse Pump?

Please Check out our Team Website: Team Conversion
Please Like us on FB: Team Conversion

My MCarterBrown Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace
Like any thread on MCB ever stays on one topic. Just pick something random and join in.
grimcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

Glad to see the cocker thread has more interest than this thing
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #97 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Did a cheap Zap or Sheridan blowback use that design in a poppit valve? Not saying Eclipse is cheap, just that it's not an original idea.
The Zap ZXS 600e and 800e did. Their layout was more like an ICD blowback with a vertical valve. The ram/bolt (all in a line) hit a lever that rotated down into the valve pin.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #98 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
The Zap ZXS 600e and 800e did. Their layout was more like an ICD blowback with a vertical valve. The ram/bolt (all in a line) hit a lever that rotated down into the valve pin.
Yep, that's what I'm thinking of. It's funny how that gun has so many things in common with this Ego, trigger guard and all...

And I'm guessing the frame still has to be removed for the solenoid to be adjusted? I guess they had to save something for the next Ego...

Last edited by minimag03; 02-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #99 (permalink)
giant robot

From the perspective of a designer, it's not objectively ugly. There is nothing technically wrong with the aesthetic lines etc. - if anything it's much better than a regular macro and far better than most. From a technical aesthetic design perspective the Axe is an example of horrible, the Luxe is probably the best marker to date, and the ego11 is roughly on par with the LV1. Of course that doesn't account for taste.

The issue isn't that it's "ugly" as if that were an objective fact, the issue is that it's different, and people aren't used to different. Especially MCB people . Give it a month or two and people will come around, that's how it normally works with new looking designs. All the vitriol is just knee jerk.

If there are any genuine design faux pas it's that the new front grip makes it visually heavy around the reg - thing is this problem goes away almost completely once a hopper and tank are put on and is a non-issue in action photos.

Interestingly the folks at techpb are generally positive about it unlike here and pbn.

PS this is what it looks like with a macroline:

And here's what it looks like with a clean stormtrooper anno:

Last edited by vijil; 02-28-2013 at 07:26 PM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #100 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
From the perspective of a designer, it's not objectively ugly. There is nothing technically wrong with the aesthetic lines etc. - if anything it's much better than a regular macro and far better than most. From a technical aesthetic design perspective the Axe is an example of horrible, the Luxe is probably the best marker to date, and the ego11 is roughly on par with the LV1. Of course that doesn't account for taste.

The issue isn't that it's "ugly" as if that were an objective fact, the issue is that it's different, and people aren't used to different. Especially MCB people . Give it a month or two and people will come around, that's how it normally works with new looking designs. All the vitriol is just knee jerk.

If there are any genuine design faux pas it's that the new front grip makes it visually heavy around the reg - thing is this problem goes away almost completely once a hopper and tank are put on and is a non-issue in action photos.

Interestingly the folks at techpb are generally positive about it unlike here and pbn.

PS this is what it looks like with a macroline:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psa938a5df.jpg

And here's what it looks like with a clean stormtrooper anno:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps04039662.jpg
The air through frame looks uncomfortable and awkward, the macro setup doesn't. That's what did it for me. I can deal with ugly. Ungainly... not so much.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News