mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #121 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post
Fell asleep watching that video. Nothing struck me as functionally new. Did I miss something or is it the expected 2013 Ego with all the expected gimmicks?
This year I really don't feel like one can say that all Eclipse did was mill a few ounces off... The collaboration with Lurker on the valve brings in a lof of things I don't think we've seen before in paintball, like the valve spring being shrouded INSIDE of the stem and the bulbous shape of the valve itself, all intended to reduce turbulence to lower pressure and increase flow.

The cam lever actuation is pretty cool too, though I'd be interested to see how that cam holds up under the hundreds of thousands of cycles the average tourney gun goes through.

The air line might be hideous, but I'll admit, on the technical end of things it does have my interest peaked.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 03-02-2013 at 11:15 AM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #122 (permalink)
Ask me about my

In the thread on PBN Jack said they went through 1,000,000 cycles with very minimal wear on the cam.
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #123 (permalink)
P0E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
This year I really don't feel like one can say that all Eclipse did was mill a few ounces off... The collaboration with Lurker on the valve brings in a lof of things I don't think we've seen before in paintball, like the valve spring being shrouded INSIDE of the stem and the bulbous shape of the valve itself, all intended to reduce turbulence to lower pressure and increase flow.

The cam lever actuation is pretty cool too, though I'd be interested to see how that cam holds up under the hundreds of thousands of cycles the average tourney gun goes through.

The air line might be hideous, but I'll admit, on the technical end of things it does have my interest peaked.
I get interested when these 'technical innovations' actually produce performance improvements. Does the lever/cam or valve changes improve performance or is it the equivalent of an OLED, purely designed to increase the cost/profit of the marker?
P0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #124 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0E View Post
I get interested when these 'technical innovations' actually produce performance improvements. Does the lever/cam or valve changes improve performance or is it the equivalent of an OLED, purely designed to increase the cost/profit of the marker?
Do you know why so much force is required to open a poppit valve? It's cause the air is pressing on the valve pin forcing it shut. If you remove surface area that the pressure can work against, the valve will open a lot easier leading to a smoother gun. I'm not sure about the whole lever thing, but I'm sure it helps or else they would have just went with the new valve.

Remember that PE didn't make an Ego12 because the 11 was so good and they wanted to actually make something better. This is apparently it and it looks great as far as performance goes.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #125 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well, I like that I can remove that internal airline stuff and run a macro, I still use a slight drop forward on most of my markers since I am a freak and run an 88/45 and not some wimpy 45/45 like a lot of people. Hell, I would run a 114/45 at the bigger games if I could get a new one.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #126 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
Well, I like that I can remove that internal airline stuff and run a macro, I still use a slight drop forward on most of my markers since I am a freak and run an 88/45 and not some wimpy 45/45 like a lot of people. Hell, I would run a 114/45 at the bigger games if I could get a new one.
My brother was able to find a 114/45 oxygen tank that was able to accept a Ninja regulator.

Related: It is nice that you can put macroline on if you want, but from what I've seen in the videos the AT line is comfortable. It would be nice to have a shop close by so that I could get my hands on one to test it out.
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
FEAR THE TREES!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #127 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ninja was showing off 114/45 tanks at PBE
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #128 (permalink)

back to back EGO11 with the dart bolt, and LV1 comparison - I gotta say, the difference in noise is big:

EGO LV1 vs EGO11 with DART Bolt sound comparison - YouTube
szary[PL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #129 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Quote:
Originally Posted by szary[PL] View Post
back to back EGO11 with the dart bolt, and LV1 comparison - I gotta say, the difference in noise is big:

EGO LV1 vs EGO11 with DART Bolt sound comparison - YouTube
wow. the LV1 is noticeably quieter. I wish I had the dough to pick one of these up right away. may have to wait until one hits the BST.
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
FEAR THE TREES!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #130 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbo View Post
wow. the LV1 is noticeably quieter. I wish I had the dough to pick one of these up right away. may have to wait until one hits the BST.
For me it's a matter of color choices. The second they come out with a Combat 2 or Swamp scheme for these is when my wallet needs to be worried. Until then I can resist pretty easily.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News