mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #71 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Jack Wood is well known, and respected, around here. You can be critical of a design while keeping the individual, and the company, in the highest regard.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #72 (permalink)

I have to admit to being an MCB lurker All you weird pump and mech guys scare the bejezus out of me
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #73 (permalink)
MCB Member

Join the cocker resurgence and give us a new Eclipse cocker and we'll love you forever.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #74 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
I have to admit to being an MCB lurker All you weird pump and mech guys scare the bejezus out of me
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
Join the cocker resurgence and give us a new Eclipse cocker and we'll love you forever.
Here you go designing all these raced out markers that can shoot a bajillion BPS and all we are asking is "you know, what you did 15 years ago, that".
Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #75 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Here you go designing all these raced out markers that can shoot a bajillion BPS and all we are asking is "you know, what you did 15 years ago, that".
There are times I wish MCB had a "Like" button for posts. Cause this would be one of those posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #76 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Wow! And in one fell swoop, MCB transforms into PBN

The pipe can be removed. You can use a standard ASA and macroline if you wish.

I think we did this all arse about face. We should have given you all the amazing internal changes and performance improvements first, and then the "unorthodox" appearance later. That way there may have been less of a venomous backlash.

Live and learn. Live and learn...
It's not really as unorthodox as it is ugly. The airline could have at least been ran up the guard and down the outside of the reg instead of just straight to it.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #77 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Wow! And in one fell swoop, MCB transforms into PBN

The pipe can be removed. You can use a standard ASA and macroline if you wish.

I think we did this all arse about face. We should have given you all the amazing internal changes and performance improvements first, and then the "unorthodox" appearance later. That way there may have been less of a venomous backlash.

Live and learn. Live and learn...
this is the best news ever. Suddenly i'm interested in this ego. the internal design changes are quite interesting.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #78 (permalink)
Shootin from hip

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
It's not really as unorthodox as it is ugly. The airline could have at least been ran up the guard and down the outside of the reg instead of just straight to it.
That's what I was thinking, this thing looks like a prototype.
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #79 (permalink)

Props to Jack for MCBing it up!

I wonder what kind of response this would've received if they'd just run the "hardline" straight forward out of the ASA and left the trigger frame to being just that? Instead of sort of having it hold air and look butt ugly and be in the way... toss in matching ano'd macro fittings and a length or two. I think the LPR is an actual improvement for stacked tube markers but overall I just can't stomach the aesthetics as it sits... it's ugly.

I also think Eclipse would get plenty of love if they did another run of cockers. E-Blade3 or not they'd get snatched up with the quickness. Empire beat them to it though... those look alright but my Revenge V2 is enough.

Also (on the topic of mech guns I'd wish for) it'd be rd to see a fully mechanical-pnuematic, i.e. non-electro (don't mention the X-Over or EMags please) spool marker. Base it on the Geo but use a plain old pneumatic/mechanical switch instead of a board, battery and noid. Make it have a light pull similar to an electro and market it for guys who are tired of buying batteries and for just in case your tourney takes place underneath a monsoon. It could do well... it could even be a drop in for a Geo perhaps...

Heck my Nova's are sick (huge) markers, very quiet at least (who farted?). Why not give the mech spoolie another shot? Sry for the essay, peace!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #80 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
well now that empire is cockering it up again, how about some newer designed eblade kits or a new style electro valve drop in for cockers.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News