mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #81 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
Props to Jack for MCBing it up!

I wonder what kind of response this would've received if they'd just run the "hardline" straight forward out of the ASA and left the trigger frame to being just that? Instead of sort of having it hold air and look butt ugly and be in the way... toss in matching ano'd macro fittings and a length or two. I think the LPR is an actual improvement for stacked tube markers but overall I just can't stomach the aesthetics as it sits... it's ugly.

I also think Eclipse would get plenty of love if they did another run of cockers. E-Blade3 or not they'd get snatched up with the quickness. Empire beat them to it though... those look alright but my Revenge V2 is enough.

Also (on the topic of mech guns I'd wish for) it'd be rd to see a fully mechanical-pnuematic, i.e. non-electro (don't mention the X-Over or EMags please) spool marker. Base it on the Geo but use a plain old pneumatic/mechanical switch instead of a board, battery and noid. Make it have a light pull similar to an electro and market it for guys who are tired of buying batteries and for just in case your tourney takes place underneath a monsoon. It could do well... it could even be a drop in for a Geo perhaps...

Heck my Nova's are sick (huge) markers, very quiet at least (who farted?). Why not give the mech spoolie another shot? Sry for the essay, peace!
Have you checked out The eNMEy?
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #82 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Thotograph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

Eh craap wrong barrel threads, still got Satan Parts DNA through and through but at least someone did it... maybe I could get one used, gut it and throw the bits in a Quest or something worth touching. They're unbalanced spools but at least I still have a few mags in my harem and thankfully my Novas still hold air (I think).

A spool based cocker drop in valve to succeed the MQ2 packaged with a "E3" would be pretty wild...
__________________
I Don't Need 15 Welts a Second
Thotograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #83 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
Eh craap wrong barrel threads, still got Satan Parts DNA through and through but at least someone did it... maybe I could get one used, gut it and throw the bits in a Quest or something worth touching. They're unbalanced spools but at least I still have a few mags in my harem and thankfully my Novas still hold air (I think).

A spool based cocker drop in valve to succeed the MQ2 packaged with a "E3" would be pretty wild...
Satan Parts DNA, lol. May be possessed, but she is a great little mech shooter for the price.
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #84 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Thotograph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

I bet man... got too many barrels to bail on cocker threads and I just couldn't run it, but I've wanted to see this gun come out commercially for a long time.

My buddy and I were trying to mech a Quest a while back. I kinda want to restart that... I'm gonna take a good look at how they set up that little marker. Guessing you have one?

Back on topic: anyone shoot one of these new Egos yet besides ole Jack?
__________________
I Don't Need 15 Welts a Second

Last edited by Thotograph; 02-27-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Thotograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #85 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
jerryjjackson69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KCMO

Jack beat me to saying you guts sound like PBN. As he said it can run macro no trouble, holding it it feels great. I have no issue with the air routes. And I like the look, but that's opinionated. What sets this gun apart is what's inside. I can't wait to shoot one. I hope you all give it a fair shot. I am excited to see diagrams for the internals PE has described. Just the operating pressures are astounding, not to mention still adjustable solenoid and new valve design. Can't wait to see if its as smooth as they're saying!
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 AM   #86 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Thotograph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

I dig the notion of developing a smoother poppet based marker. I'm not a PE fan and I don't really fit their target demographic ( besides the fact that I play PB) so I'm just an interested onlooker. I just wish that sweet MAC noid would wind up on shelf for a smaller Co (like Alien) to use.
__________________
I Don't Need 15 Welts a Second
Thotograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #87 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
Jack beat me to saying you guts sound like PBN. As he said it can run macro no trouble, holding it it feels great. I have no issue with the air routes. And I like the look, but that's opinionated. What sets this gun apart is what's inside. I can't wait to shoot one. I hope you all give it a fair shot. I am excited to see diagrams for the internals PE has described. Just the operating pressures are astounding, not to mention still adjustable solenoid and new valve design. Can't wait to see if its as smooth as they're saying!
I was a bit surprised to see people on here all getting excited about the externals and air line (which are...fugly ahem) and ignoring the internal changes; whether they make a difference or not the idea of putting a lever between valve and rammer to redirect and change the forces and movements involved is novel, interesting...and so far not discussed
ollytheosteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #88 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!
 
Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: town of Wantmorevaj

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
Jack beat me to saying you guts sound like PBN. As he said it can run macro no trouble, holding it it feels great. I have no issue with the air routes. And I like the look, but that's opinionated. What sets this gun apart is what's inside. I can't wait to shoot one. I hope you all give it a fair shot. I am excited to see diagrams for the internals PE has described. Just the operating pressures are astounding, not to mention still adjustable solenoid and new valve design. Can't wait to see if its as smooth as they're saying!
No.

We don't sound like PBN.



MCB is a bunch of old curmudgeons, and we do NOT sound like PBN, who are a bunch of kid whiners.
__________________
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Naw, MAr's special. He's like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or something... totally cool to be a little gay for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Anyone not wanting to BE Mar is doing it wrong.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #89 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
No.

We don't sound like PBN.



MCB is a bunch of old curmudgeons, and we do NOT sound like PBN, who are a bunch of kid whiners.
Yep, our stereotypical response to space dildos is that we don't like them. We would be blindly praising the new Ego if we were acting like stereotypical PbN. But ya know ya messed up when both MCB and PbN don't like the looks of it.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #90 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollytheosteo View Post
I was a bit surprised to see people on here all getting excited about the externals and air line (which are...fugly ahem) and ignoring the internal changes; whether they make a difference or not the idea of putting a lever between valve and rammer to redirect and change the forces and movements involved is novel, interesting...and so far not discussed
this is because the internal pictures weren't released until later in the afternoon. All we had to go off of was the abomination of how they looked. We didn't even know you could run a macro line.
__________________
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC