mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #131 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Oh my god... I am so freaking happy they made this. Seriously so full of win... Way to go Simon/Empire/KEE!@!!!!!!!
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #132 (permalink)
Six Point Five

As much as i love cocker's. Ill prolly just stick to my s5 mech and gog enmey

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #133 (permalink)
Save Batteries, Play Pump

I gotta get one of these... Now I, just like many others, will be forced to powersell some markers... Sorry Mr CCMd Pump & Mr ECocker... You gotta go...

LU_aDaK's Merchant Goods

LU_aDaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #134 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

That is righteous. Empire is now my favorite company. period.
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #135 (permalink)
boo
Banned

I love the fact that Kee finally brought back the cocker, but if the sniper costs $400 what's the cost going to be on this? The reference in the video to this being the Harley Davidson of paintball markers is the perfect comparison. Take an ancient design, manufacture it in China, and charge a huge price because cocker people pay stupid prices (myself included) for anything to do with these markers.

With all the IP Kee's owns, like the MQ valve and the smart parts electronics the best they can do is a redesign of a mech? Without patent restrictions they could easily put out an e cocker that could keep up with most of the modern high end markers with the bonus of quickly being able to convert back to a pump.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #136 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo View Post
I love the fact that Kee finally brought back the cocker, but if the sniper costs $400 what's the cost going to be on this? The reference in the video to this being the Harley Davidson of paintball markers is the perfect comparison. Take an ancient design, manufacture it in China, and charge a huge price because cocker people pay stupid prices (myself included) for anything to do with these markers.

With all the IP Kee's owns, like the MQ valve and the smart parts electronics the best they can do is a redesign of a mech? Without patent restrictions they could easily put out an e cocker that could keep up with most of the modern high end markers with the bonus of quickly being able to convert back to a pump.
Because what would be the point of an e-cocker when they have at least 6 other e-markers that have fewer working parts and that are most likely cheaper to make? Frankly, it's amazing enough they're building this. If it sells as many units as the Sniper, I'd be amazed. Return on an e-version would be negligible given the crop of competition.

The Resurrection makes some kind of sense becuase who's making high-end mech's in any sort of quantity right now? No one. Even AGD is pretty much down to selling whatever parts they have left and the rest of the mech market is entry level. But there's so much competition in the e-world even a nostalgia movement for an e-cocker wouldn't produce much in the way of sales.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #137 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

If the resurrection of the Autococker by Kee or even the mere sight of that beautiful single trigger doesn't excite some part of your old-school being...you deserve a MCB cyber beat down!

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #138 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

I really like to see somebody bringing back the cocker. I even like the looks of it. Nice job KEE!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #139 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Canadian cost from PBL: $550 (not sure if includes the full barrel kit, if it does that is freaking amazing!)
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #140 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Canadian cost from PBL: $550 (not sure if includes the full barrel kit, if it does that is freaking amazing!)
That's no fair! You get them for $15+ less than us down south. What's up with that Kee?! lol
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News