mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #171 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
No, I don't work for them or know anyone nor am I dealer of theirs. I'm just a consumer to them. I had a Mini I bought in 2006 that I never really used or updated the parts on. I decided to use it about a year ago. I noticed I had all V1 parts. I called Kee and they sent me ALL the V3 parts for free, poppit, detents, and all. They also sent me a Shockwave board for free because I said having to take the panel off to change settings was a pain. When I expressed interest in servicing my reg, they sent me a Relay on/off ASA for free to replace my old standard ASA. How many companies would give you over $150 in parts for a 6 year old gun from a brand that had been discontinued for FREE? The answer is no other company would ever do that.

Last edited by minimag03; 02-28-2013 at 06:12 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #172 (permalink)
Private Labels Only
 
spydrmn22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
No, I don't work for them or know anyone nor am I dealer of theirs. I'm just a consumer to them. I had a Mini I bought in 2006 that I never really used or updated the parts on. I decided to use it about a year ago. I noticed I had all V1 parts. I called Kee and they sent me ALL the V3 parts for free, poppit, detents, and all. They also sent me a Shockwave board for free because I said having to take the panel off to change settings was a pain. When I expressed interest in servicing my reg, they sent me a Relay on/off ASA for free to replace my old standard ASA. How many companies would give you over $150 in parts for a 6 year old gun from a brand that had been discontinued for FREE? The answer is no other company would ever do that.
All the parts you mentioned we're problematic with the gun, it's like when a part goes bad on your car usually the car company will give you the upgrade for free. I am actually from this Industry and it only makes sense to take care of your customers, that should be automatic for a big company to warranty their product.
__________________
Be A Thug Live The Life

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #173 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn22 View Post
All the parts you mentioned we're problematic with the gun, it's like when a part goes bad on your car usually the car company will give you the upgrade for free. I am actually from this Industry and it only makes sense to take care of your customers, that should be automatic for a big company to warranty their product.
They will still replace my poppit, or any other part if it goes bad, not just update them with V3 parts once for free. Who else will send you free hard-parts when they wear out, even if it's 6 years after you bought it? They will also send you oring rebuilds for free as well, who else does that? Who else does all this for life? Not 30 days, not 90 days, not a year, not 3 years, but life. And this is kinda on topic since you're referring to this gun as being cheap. There stuff has to be quality if they offer a full lifetime warranty, or else they would be stuck replacing a lot of parts for free and losing money. I think they learned their lesson with the Mini as far as that goes.

Last edited by minimag03; 02-28-2013 at 06:33 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #174 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Yomillio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn22 View Post
All the parts you mentioned we're problematic with the gun, it's like when a part goes bad on your car usually the car company will give you the upgrade for free. I am actually from this Industry and it only makes sense to take care of your customers, that should be automatic for a big company to warranty their product.
In addition to what minimag said;

"What should happen because its good business" =/= "What a company will do for you in reality"

If you think that the industry standard is for companies to replace parts as "necessary" (which is a strong word when minimag indicated nothing about the marker actually being broken, etc.), for free, 6 to 7 years after a product came out, I think you are disillusioned. The only companies in the paintball industry that I've known to be like this are Tippmann (at least in the early to mid-00's, can't comment on them now or prior), KEE, and other comparatively "tiny" companies, such as APP, WTF, or PBMafia.

No doubt that it is a great way to operate a business, but often this is far from reality.

Do you really expect that if you were to call up Dye (say you own a DM6) and mention that your marker was not up to DM12 spec, they would send you a new Hyper 3, ASA, and feedneck or something just to make you feel better? Now I can't comment if they would or not, but I think it's safe to assume the answer...
Yomillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #175 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomillio View Post
In addition to what minimag said;

"What should happen because its good business" =/= "What a company will do for you in reality"

If you think that the industry standard is for companies to replace parts as "necessary" (which is a strong word when minimag indicated nothing about the marker actually being broken, etc.), for free, 6 to 7 years after a product came out, I think you are disillusioned. The only companies in the paintball industry that I've known to be like this are Tippmann (at least in the early to mid-00's, can't comment on them now or prior), KEE, and other comparatively "tiny" companies, such as APP, WTF, or PBMafia.

No doubt that it is a great way to operate a business, but often this is far from reality.

Do you really expect that if you were to call up Dye (say you own a DM6) and mention that your marker was not up to DM12 spec, they would send you a new Hyper 3, ASA, and feedneck or something just to make you feel better? Now I can't comment if they would or not, but I think it's safe to assume the answer...
Exactly. Someone at Planet Eclipse laughed at me when I called looking for parts for a friends 05 Ego in 2010. They told me I needed to just buy a 2k10 Ego instead of fixing the 05.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #176 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!
 
crazyorigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Southern Upstate NY

CCM Fan
Daddy likie.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #177 (permalink)
Private Labels Only
 
spydrmn22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
They will still replace my poppit, or any other part if it goes bad, not just update them with V3 parts once for free. Who else will send you free hard-parts when they wear out, even if it's 6 years after you bought it? They will also send you oring rebuilds for free as well, who else does that? Who else does all this for life? Not 30 days, not 90 days, not a year, not 3 years, but life. And this is kinda on topic since you're referring to this gun as being cheap. There stuff has to be quality if they offer a full lifetime warranty, or else they would be stuck replacing a lot of parts for free and losing money. I think they learned their lesson with the Mini as far as that goes.
Haha "There stuff has to be quality if they offer a full lifetime warranty"? If it was quality they wouldn't have to offer that haha. So I guess since Hyundai offers the same warranty on their cars they must be quality cars too?
__________________
Be A Thug Live The Life

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #178 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn22 View Post
Haha "There stuff has to be quality if they offer a full lifetime warranty"? If it was quality they wouldn't have to offer that haha. So I guess since Hyundai offers the same warranty on their cars they must be quality cars too?
Comparing these two different things is known as the red herring fallacy. Hyundai (cars) has nothing to do with Kee (paintball).
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #179 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
No, I don't work for them or know anyone nor am I dealer of theirs. I'm just a consumer to them. I had a Mini I bought in 2006 that I never really used or updated the parts on. I decided to use it about a year ago. I noticed I had all V1 parts. I called Kee and they sent me ALL the V3 parts for free, poppit, detents, and all. They also sent me a Shockwave board for free because I said having to take the panel off to change settings was a pain. When I expressed interest in servicing my reg, they sent me a Relay on/off ASA for free to replace my old standard ASA. How many companies would give you over $150 in parts for a 6 year old gun from a brand that had been discontinued for FREE? The answer is no other company would ever do that.
I agree that they are a good company, but I don't know how you sweet talked them into giving you all those parts for free. I am sure that they would not do that for everyone that asked.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #180 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew View Post
I agree that they are a good company, but I don't know how you sweet talked them into giving you all those parts for free. I am sure that they would not do that for everyone that asked.
I think they gave me the Relay since it's user serviceable compared to the original ASA, and I had expressed interest in taking servicing my own reg. I thought I would receive a new standard ASA but I got a Relay instead.

Besides that my experiences were totally normal according to everyone on PbN. Whenever someone posts about a problem and it calls for a poppet seal, replacement board, oring, or whatever, people there tell them to call Kee for a free replacement. It always seems to works. It makes sense because it keeps their markers on the field for people to see and their reputation intact. They only won't replace stuff that is obvious abuse like drilling a hole in the side of the body.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC