mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #181 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Time to give Empire another chance. I have mixed feelings about this one, its great to see a new autococker. However, this means that I will no longer be the only guy at my field with an autococker
Old 03-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #182 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn22 View Post
All the parts you mentioned we're problematic with the gun, it's like when a part goes bad on your car usually the car company will give you the upgrade for free. I am actually from this Industry and it only makes sense to take care of your customers, that should be automatic for a big company to warranty their product.
My DP threshold had a reg problem, so I called and found it was a common issue and needed v2 internals. They charged me $25 for the internals and then another few dollars for stuff I didn't ask for. I'd rather had a company that will fix their problems for free.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #183 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
My DP threshold had a reg problem, so I called and found it was a common issue and needed v2 internals. They charged me $25 for the internals and then another few dollars for stuff I didn't ask for. I'd rather had a company that will fix their problems for free.
ya well if you buy a Threshold there's a good chance you will need repair parts and DP is no where as big as Kee so replacement parts are going to have to cost. If they we're a bigger company they might be able to eat some costs and give you stuff for free but at this time their not. Atleast you didn't have to spend $60 on a new reg.

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #184 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Comparing these two different things is known as the red herring fallacy. Hyundai (cars) has nothing to do with Kee (paintball).
But they don't want to have cars come in for the 100k warranty, so they would want to build a reliable product. An excessive warranty is put in place to not only protect/attract customers, but to bring attention to the improvement in quality that has been brought about.

My wife's uncle destroyed his '02 Hyundai mostly because of lower quality, but when they were looking for a new vehicle in '10 he looked at them again and remarked that they have come a long way. What got him to take another look was the warranty they were touting.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #185 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Man what's with all the hate? This is a good thing! This might open the door for more companies to start making cockers against. This is an awesome thing Atleast for me.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #186 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Oh Im getting one. If for no other reason than bumping the sales figures to encourage ccm to make us a t2 autococker. Still i am the only guy at my field with a cocker and Im sure that will change.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #187 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
K2 was the company who got CCM to stop making mechs right? I would hope Kee wouldn't follow K2's lead if CCM decided to make autocockers again. I don't see what's stopping CCM besides Kee, but that's a big 'besides'.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #188 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
^I have always felt that if one gun would have flourished under an open-source community, it would have been the Autococker. Instead, it was stifled by big business and fell into obscurity. Not blaming the demise of the Cocker entirely on it, mind you, as the electro arms race was another cause, but it certainly didn't help.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #189 (permalink)

if kee try to stop others from making the autococker they would piss many off. but there any other things in the works anyways..
chi town saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #190 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew View Post
I agree that they are a good company, but I don't know how you sweet talked them into giving you all those parts for free. I am sure that they would not do that for everyone that asked.
I know how.

He picked up the phone, and spoke with someone on the other end.

Friend had a minor issue with his Mini that was simply owing to an accident, and called to get a replacement part, fully expecting to pay for it. They sent him the part for free. It wasn't an expensive part, but the point is that they took care of the customer.

So either they have a beneficent crackhead clown working the phones just giving stuff away, or else they actually care about customer service.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News