mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #241 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If you want an Old School mech marker and want to be 100% confident in quality....dont forget about the Arrow Precision - Sovereign III.

Its still made by the same company that made the evolution autocockers...100% built and assembled in house in the UK! They still sell them new...now with clamping feednecks! and its close to $200 cheaper than the new empire cocker.

But the new cocker does seem great....it will all come down to quality of build and timing from the factory.
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #242 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
If you want an Old School mech marker and want to be 100% confident in quality....dont forget about the Arrow Precision - Sovereign III.

Its still made by the same company that made the evolution autocockers...100% built and assembled in house in the UK! They still sell them new...now with clamping feednecks! and its close to $200 cheaper than the new empire cocker.

But the new cocker does seem great....it will all come down to quality of build and timing from the factory.
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure Belsales and Powerball are two different companies. The clamping feedneck is news to me too. A guy on the forums bought one about a month ago and it didn't have a clamping feedneck. I emailed them about getting one around the same time and none of the pictures they sent me displaying the different colors had clamping feednecks. The guy who bought one also paid way more than $200 by the time it got to him as well.

I think the Resurrection will blow the lid off a SovIII. Better designed components, less reciprocating mass, autococker threaded (and includes the best barrel kit ever made), and the list goes on. The SovIII def has a 'coolness' appeal to it though, and is a quality product.

Last edited by minimag03; 04-08-2013 at 01:22 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #243 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I have been holding off on all of APs products because of their barrel threading. I have standardized with Cocker threads. Problem is that it will take a redesign of the body to accommodate Cocker threading.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #244 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Will you can buy NIB Spyder UL backs from Compulsive for like $20-$15 right now, so that can be an advantage if you don't already have an extensive barrel collection.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #245 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
That's very true. A person just getting into things could have a great setup for cheap.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #246 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Will you can buy NIB Spyder UL backs from Compulsive for like $20-$15 right now, so that can be an advantage if you don't already have an extensive barrel collection.
new sterlings are sterling threaded, not spyder....
its almost old angel threading.... almost
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #247 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I think it is Spyder:

Welcome to sterling Pump Guns - Technical Specifications

Welcome to sterling Pump Guns

They are, however, making some old run bodies with Sterling threading, at least for the Sterling itself.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #248 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
What does this do that's new and exciting?

More milling? Blah. Give me a genesis front block, or something NEW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #249 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
What does this do that's new and exciting?

More milling? Blah. Give me a genesis front block, or something NEW.
Do most players at your field have experience with autocockers? I rarely find a player that's an autococker fan and I see even fewer people actually using them. Most people I meet have no idea what an autococker is past the fact that it used to be a nice paintball gun. So the Resurrection is new to the majority of paintball players. And as I mentioned before, a lot of the best aspects of this gun can be found on different autocockers but never before in a single package.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #250 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
I think it is Spyder:

Welcome to sterling Pump Guns - Technical Specifications

Welcome to sterling Pump Guns

They are, however, making some old run bodies with Sterling threading, at least for the Sterling itself.
interesting.

i had a customer send me a gun to make some barrels for him.
the gun was shipped directly from sterling.... and BNIB with the sterling threads on it....
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News