mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 06-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #411 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighpaintball.com View Post
New colors available at ANS
People on PbN have had VERY bad problems with ANS Gear's exclusive anodized aXes. The anodizing also supposedly voids the lifetime warranty. Anyone who has dealt with their customer service will tell you that's a hugeloss; it's by far the best in the business. While I don't think the tolerances would be affected on these as the aXe, I'd still stay away from them.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #412 (permalink)
MCB Member

ehhhhhh? Stupid, I pre-ordered one last week
Raleighpaintball.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #413 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Finally made it out to the field with mine. What a fantastic marker, I am thoroughly pleased with it. I am going to write a review after a few more times at the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #414 (permalink)
Radical!

I may need to break my own rule for buying markers: never spend more than $500. I am really tempted to get this. Guess i could ghost bst for a while first...
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #415 (permalink)
Save Batteries, Play Pump

I purchased one from the CPX Sports Pro Shop during the PSP. Marker shoots like a dream. It was a hair inefficient, but I am assuming the reg just needs to be sweet spotted. Since I will be changing it to a AKA 2 Liter for anodizing, I am not gonna worry about it. It was timed very nicely from the factory. I would argue too much lube, there was so much that I thought it came from the factory used with white paint on the barrel and squirting out the 3way... it was just lube.

Light, snappy, quiet and deadly.... time to send it away for anodizing

LU_aDaK's Merchant Goods

LU_aDaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #416 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LU_aDaK View Post
I purchased one from the CPX Sports Pro Shop during the PSP. Marker shoots like a dream. It was a hair inefficient, but I am assuming the reg just needs to be sweet spotted. Since I will be changing it to a AKA 2 Liter for anodizing, I am not gonna worry about it. It was timed very nicely from the factory. I would argue too much lube, there was so much that I thought it came from the factory used with white paint on the barrel and squirting out the 3way... it was just lube.

Light, snappy, quiet and deadly.... time to send it away for anodizing
Yes to much lube on the bolt but the internal of the ram, LPR and HPR were dry "No Lube" on mine.
docfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #417 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Got to play with one yesterday, so a quick little review from my fields resident "cocker guy." Love the trigger, wish I could get one for some of my cockers. I was able to outshoot my revy with it. Love the ergonomics, the stretched out reg made for a very comfortable and stable platform. WGP should have made a mini frontblock with full body cocker back in the day a factory option. It was light and tight, the fit and finish were very nice. The barrel kit is very nice indeed but I had to use an ifit with a .673 in conjunction with .675 for rollouts, should have given us a .670 instead of a .695. It points well and with the ifit and barrel kit was very accurate. Ask the swat guy who was on the other team. It was pretty smooth, not as smooth as I believe it could be with some tuning but it has a positive mechanical feel and I don't think I would tinker with it straight away.

Is it worth the asking price, absolutely. I assume if you are looking at one you are already a cocker fan or are curious about a piece of history that you may have missed. If you don't like cockers to begin with it probably won't make you a convert but to me it seems like a nice workhorse cocker, and does the cocker heritage proud. I don't feel it is sexy enough to dump a lot of thought or money in upgrades into, but that is personal opinion. I'd take one, toss it in the bag leave it factory everything and have a shooter that is always gonna work as a backup or loaner. Guess to sum it all up, am I going to get one, yes without a doubt! Am I in a huge rush, not really.

Last edited by leathalh; 07-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.
leathalh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #418 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
What do you guys think about the 3way? The one I looked at was brand new, but it was still very smooth. Almost as smooth as a broken in Hollowpoint. And it seemed to be just as short as a Bomb. This makes me want to buy a few 3ways separately for my existing guns. However, this experience was only with one gun. Are they all that smooth out of the box?
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #419 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Just picked one up. Extremely happy with it. trigger is a fantastic combo of smooth and snappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
thats why i bring my own balls. and if they dont play nice, i play with myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Mar, I want to fondle your wood.
Zapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #420 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

saw two at osg in NH today. Guy let me take a few shots. Very nice, but I don't have any real experience with sliders, but the gun was really light and quick shooting.

I played with GX-5 all day and had blast.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News