mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #91 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Some folks have noticed that some rounds leach out the thinner fluid (in my own experiences, this is due to hairline fractures or, improperly closed fill points). This could contribute to a loss in weight.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #92 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Just got this from Scarab Arms's Facebook page:

Quote:
Photo I found from my PBE trip that I forgot to post. Don't know how many of you guys have seen these yet but this is one of the new One Two One rounds that Scarab Arms is producing for mag-fed markers. Will work in any marker that currently will shoot First Strike rounds. It uses a .50 cal ball encapsulated in a biodegradable foam shell and they come complete as you see them in this pic, no assembly required :-)

So, to sum it up, .50 caliber paintballs pre-loaded into a .68 caliber projectile.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #93 (permalink)

These might be cheaper but...

The issue I see is that any player willing to buy a SAR 12 or pimp out a T4 is more than capable of paying $.40 a round and is ultimately interested in accuracy above all else. Have there been any tests done with these rounds? If they compete with first strikes in regards to accuracy, they may be a future option but I'm not switching from first strikes until something else proves more accurate. Driving down the retail price of first strikes isn't a bad bonus though.

I'm looking for Longbow magazines as well as an Ion.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #94 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
These might be cheaper but...

The issue I see is that any player willing to buy a SAR 12 or pimp out a T4 is more than capable of paying $.40 a round and is ultimately interested in accuracy above all else. Have there been any tests done with these rounds? If they compete with first strikes in regards to accuracy, they may be a future option but I'm not switching from first strikes until something else proves more accurate. Driving down the retail price of first strikes isn't a bad bonus though.
True, but what about the Trracers and Hammer7's that outnumber those makers, likely by an order of magnitude? Those $100 markers make FS pretty accessible, but having a round that is only 3/4 the cost will be pretty enticing. I'm looking forward to these being released and the results some of the more experienced FS users get.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #95 (permalink)

In my opinion, I certainly would welcome cheaper FS rounds but, I don't think folks should be unhappy about them. The main reason being is that if you're using them correctly (i.e. taking advantage of the range and accuracy, not using them for suppression, or shooting through brush, avoiding snap shoots with regular ballers), you will hit more targets with fewer shots, and this will save most paintballers money.

The one exception that I can think of is pump ballers who make a case of regular paint last four or more outings because they are successful at snapshooting, tucking in close to bunkers and working angles and not firing for suppression.

What I don't look forward to is more people using them just like they were using regular paint. Especially those wanting drum mags "yes, I need 50+ FS round mags so, I can suppress folks at 200'"...

As for these rounds, I think it's important to remember is that every pic shown so far hasn't been the final product. So far we know what they're supposed to look like, the material has yet to be seen.
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #96 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

what about a dual barrel system like an a5 mounted under the SR-1?

you may think I'm suppressing, but I'm really trolling you into popping out.

A 3 man fire team is what you want. SAW gunner, DMR, and LAWS.

Maybe the SR-1, a hopper fed "pistol" and a havoc.
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
what about a dual barrel system like an a5 mounted under the SR-1?

you may think I'm suppressing, but I'm really trolling you into popping out.

A 3 man fire team is what you want. SAW gunner, DMR, and LAWS.

Maybe the SR-1, a hopper fed "pistol" and a havoc.
I'd be totally happy with players running something like that. What I want to see on the field of the future is a diversity of rounds with them being a major influence in the tactics the individual players use.

For example, the guy that likes to get in close, present as small a target as possible with the ability to suppress: .50
The guy who likes to shoot from extended range, from unexpected angles and distances: FS
The guy who wants to operate between those two extremes: .68

The winning team is the one that can combine those capabilities for maximum effect.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #98 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I'd be totally happy with players running something like that. What I want to see on the field of the future is a diversity of rounds with them being a major influence in the tactics the individual players use.

For example, the guy that likes to get in close, present as small a target as possible with the ability to suppress: .50
The guy who likes to shoot from extended range, from unexpected angles and distances: FS

The winning team is the one that can combine those capabilities for maximum effect.
I like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #99 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post

I considered an undermount Havoc on the SR-1 but it just seemed silly to me.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I considered an undermount Havoc on the SR-1 but it just seemed silly to me.
I can totally see that- with FS rounds, I'm doing my best to be away from where a tank could be. But, on the other hand, if you're in a hide, picking off the opposition far away but, your nearby line collapses due to an incoming tank, pop the rocket.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News