mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #201 (permalink)

You guys at Bostonpaintball will no doubt get my business for a sweet twister.thanks for doing this for the paintball community.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #202 (permalink)
MCB Member

Old 03-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #203 (permalink)

I'm interested, please put me down.
Thanks
Gojira
Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #204 (permalink)
Next Level Factory

nice
Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #205 (permalink)
Certified Spaceball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwo View Post
will be competitive in the existing marker "ecosphere" and will ensure that all previous twisters will hold the same value as they will be easily distinguished from the next-gen model .
My mech '96 evolution is still competitive, so I have no doubt of that. I really hope the second part of your comment holds true. It would suck to have our original twister values tank as a result of a flood of new relatively inexpensive bodies. I hate to sound like a snob (I know I do), but those of us who already own the original twisters were kind of on the fence with this whole project (not that we really have a say). Let's hope it turns out well.

Last edited by rschoi_75; 03-03-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #206 (permalink)
**Chuff Chuff**

In for one at least, maybe two
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #207 (permalink)

Lol I do not think they will be inexpensive at all.I would say 450 to 550 for raw body and upwards of 700 to 900 complete maybe more according to options and such.the empire cocker is 550 so a truly unique and high end cocker will be nearly double that but I'm just guessing at best.:-) :-)
Old 03-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #208 (permalink)
Sniper

CCM Fan
So now there's no need for a "list" and not so much of a mcb special limited type run? Sorta fishy how BP just so happens to be making a twister 15 years later......right as we decide to do this run...I wish it were more limited like the initial plan.

Last edited by hoov7888; 03-03-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #209 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoov7888 View Post
So now there's no need for a "list" and not so much of a mcb special limited type run? Sorta fishy how BP just so happens to be making a twister 15 years later......right as we decide to do this run...I wish it were more limited like the initial plan.
You need to read the last few pages.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #210 (permalink)
Gay boy with a Gun!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschoi_75 View Post
My mech '96 evolution is still competitive, so I have no doubt of that. I really hope the second part of your comment holds true. It would suck to have our original twister values tank as a result of a flood of new relatively inexpensive bodies. I hate to sound like a snob (I know I do), but those of us who already own the original twisters were kind of on the fence with this whole project (not that we really have a say). Let's hope it turns out well.
As a younger guy who got into the sport "late in the game" after the rise of SmartParts and their dominance of the tourney scene, I hate to say it, but you do sound like a snob.

If you truly LOVE oldschool paintball, as I do, even though I wasn't around to live it in the actual era, why would you want to deny the next generation the pleasure of playing with real works of mechanical art? Just to protect the value of your current hoard? Not very "spirit of the game" minded.

I'm SO excited every time I see the revival of older tech, the revival of pump play, the revival of REAL high-end anodizing (not two-tone color contrast bull-crap).

If people who missed out on the "golden age" of paintball still want to experience it, LET THEM! Screw marker values, if you're in it for the value of your markers, you're in the wrong hobby.

I'm in it for the love of the game and the love of mechanical art. Anything that advances those two objectives in my view advances the sport of paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_vanvoorthuijse View Post
I gave into the rainbow side long ago...
I laughed beer out of my nose upon realizing you are a gay boy with a gun with that comment. Thanks, you owe me some beer.
Feedback

Selling these:
2003 CCM Works Cocker in Fade Anno
Custom KP3 and Brass Abomination
CYP Nemesis Timmy
Mag Parts!
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News